The cult of ignorance in the United States: Anti-intellectualism and the "dumbing down" of America

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's easier to be dumb and ignorant than it is to be smart and intellectual.
Humans tend to to take the path of least resistance sadly.

My buddy once said, "sometimes knowing too much is worse than not knowing at all." It's easy to smile and nod when you force yourself to accept everything is all good. We've all argued with an idiot relative. I had a cousin want to fight because I told him there's no way smoking a blunt gets you higher than a vaporizer because vaping heats the thc off, while smoking burns the plant past combustion. A larger percentage of thc is released when it's vaped...he kept saying "no" even when I showed him research. I was done after he called me an uppity nigga that hangs out with white people...I consider black people saying that to another black person trying to educate them on a topic incredibly insulting. I almost said "how dare you?", but then realized that would have added more fuel to the fire.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
My buddy once said, "sometimes knowing too much is worse than not knowing at all." It's easy to smile and nod when you force yourself to accept everything is all good. We've all argued with an idiot relative. I had a cousin want to fight because I told him there's no way smoking a blunt gets you higher than a vaporizer because vaping heats the thc off, while smoking burns the plant past combustion. A larger percentage of thc is released when it's vaped...he kept saying "no" even when I showed him research. I was done after he called me an uppity nigga that hangs out with white people...I consider black people saying that to another black person trying to educate them on a topic incredibly insulting. I almost said "how dare you?", but then realized that would have added more fuel to the fire.
thumb_being-awake-isnt-cool-it-means-having-to-dumb-down-30094930.png

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The dumbing down of America started the min those euro rejects landed on this colony!!! Dont forget yalls favorite billionaire rockerfeller, when he set up this education(indoctrination) system!! The name of the game has always been to miseducate the 85%, because they believe any and everything the tv, media/social media, radio, cellphone, laptop tells them!! All this information is public information, but as usual aint nobody listening!!! So, the dream(that was never meant for you)goes on!!

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
When was this bastion of American intellectualism in the first place?

I'm going to assume every since the religious right started getting a grip in this country. I wouldn't shocked it's always been this way since the start of this country.

The thing I do know is that the Internet made is much worse. You got too many people that think they're smarter than experts.

Last edited:

osirianprncpl

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Look up the Philisophical theories of 'Post Modernism and Sophistical Argumentation' for the roots of this articles conclusion. And it's only gotten worse since this article was originally posted.