The Dragon Prince - new Netflix series from creator of Avatar Last Airbender

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
On episode 5.... damn this is some good shit.

Especially with the story and the background of its characters..

There is a lot of depth in this thing.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man the avatar fans need to assemble on this one....

This shit is about the most Avatar like show that I’ve seen since Korra...

This season has all the beats.

If it ends well... it’s going to take the crown from Voltron after that wreck of a last season.

Deltronz

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah, the show is crack. I just finished watching the last episode of episode 9 from season 2. It's not quite Avatar (and despite the popular opinion in here, Legend of Korra levels), but it's still a great show. I loved the new Voltron series, and this is looking to be about as great as that was (potentially even better, but we'll see).

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
season one was ok. they had to find their footing and stop with that stupid, uneccessary and pointless animation quirk that they likely thought was "hipster".

season two has me hooked. they tightened up the dialogue and plot lines. and cleaned up the animation. i really hope that we get a season three. these short seasons suck.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Finally,got to see season 2...pretty good

Man the avatar fans need to assemble on this one....

This shit is about the most Avatar like show that I’ve seen since Korra...

This season has all the beats.

If it ends well... it’s going to take the crown from Voltron after that wreck of a last season.

Dont put Korra and Avatar in the same sentence again....:smh:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Speaking to The Verge recently, series co-creators Aaron Ehasz and Justin Richmond discussed the reaction to the show, the animation in particular. Here’s Ehasz on the response:

I think there’s a lot of valid feedback about the animation. It’s interesting because you look at it and you have a lot of people responding to the character designs, and the backgrounds, and the beautiful world, the cinematic storyboarding that our great director Giancarlo Volpe and his team has brought out. And then you do have people responding to some of the frame rate decisions...

It’s definitely something that, in the future, if-slash-when we’re making more episodes, we’re not gonna be able to vastly change how we make it, but we’re definitely gonna have an eye toward specific shots and scenes[:] Can we make them more fluid? Can we make them exceed the expectations that were set?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/27/17911292/the-dragon-prince-animation-netflix-improvement

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Finally,got to see season 2...pretty good

Dont put Korra and Avatar in the same sentence again....:smh:
these 4 allow Korra to get that pass
5325603-1079.jpg

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Damn loved season one but completely forgot about season two. Gonna have to catch up ASAP. Show is great.

also Korra was dope till the convoluted trash ending, avatar is undefeated!

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
damn I been sleepin on this :eek2:. Something else to binge I guess. Last animation I watched on Netflix was Castlevania - shit was gangsta!

Mr. Lengthy

Tom Slick

The Black HHH
BGOL Investor
I was enjoying this show with my nieces and nephews until they dropped that "2 moms" shit out of nowhere. The same week She-Ra dropped some gay "2 dads" faggotry.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Huge news

Season 3 is darker than the last two seasons...They did a great job with the writing...

Netflix grants massive 4-season renewal to The Dragon Prince

We’re a long way out from the days when a Netflix run was practically a guarantee of TV longevity; far more likely now to see the streamer pull the plug on a show after two or three seasons, as opposed to the “Hell, let’s give it a minute” approach that gave its early offerings so much time to thrive. So it’s a nice little throwback to learn—courtesy of IGN and the show’s Comic-Con@Home panel—that the service’s animated series The Dragon Prince has been renewed this week, not just for one more season, but for four.

That’s not wholly surprising, in that The Dragon Prince is the latest project from Aaron Ehasz, whose run as head writer on Avatar: The Last Airbender was all about playing that multi-season long game. The Dragon Prince is apparently operating on a seven-season (book, whatever) plan in its own right, and the massive Netflix renewal will allow the series to fully run its course.
It probably doesn’t hurt, of course, that Avatar has been such a hit for Netflix; the Nickelodeon show set all sorts of records for the streaming service when it returned to its library earlier this month, and the company is presumably still working on developing that live-action adaptation of the series. Dragon Prince shares plenty of DNA with Ehasz’s earlier show, meanwhile, including an overriding obsession with a very Captain Planet-esque take on the classical elements, and a sprawling story that examines the widespread consequences of aggression and war in a magical world.

4 more Seasons... WOW