The Kendrick Lamar Control Responses (On-going) UPDATE: 2023

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B2z4YSqcmus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

joe_budden_kendrick_lamar2.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>This one that didn't make the album cuz of the sample BUT IT IS NOT no radio shit.. Straight rap... I'm talking 7min shit... Grimey shit.</p>&mdash; Big Sean (@BigSean) <a href="https://twitter.com/BigSean/statuses/367101558011342848">August 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/phLa2wH_co8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qe11jUBMyaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kendrick Lamar:

Miscellaneous minds are never explainin’ their minds
Devilish grin for my alias aliens to respond
Peddlin’ sin, thinkin’ maybe when you get old you realize
I’m not gonna fold or demise
I don’t smoke, mother f*cker, I sell it!
Everything I rap is a quarter piece to your melon
So if you have a relapse, just relax and pop in my disc
Don’t pop me no fucking pill, I’mma a pop you and give you this
[Part 2: Kendrick Lamar]
Tell Flex to drop a bomb on this shit
So many bombs, ring the alarm like Vietnam in this shit
So many bombs, make Farrakhan think Saddam in this bitch
One at a time, I line ‘em up and bomb on they mom while she watchin’ the kids
I’m in a destruction mode if the gold exists
I’m important like the pope, I’m a muslim on pork
I’m Machiavelli’s offspring, I’m the king of New York
King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both
The juggernaut’s all in your jugular, you take me for jokes
Live in the basement, church pews and funeral faces
Cardio bracelets for my women free as I’m in Vegas
Who the f*ck y’all thought it’s supposed to be?
If Phil Jackson came back, still no coachin’ me
I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable
F*ck y’all clubs, f*ck y’all pictures
Show Instagram… gobble these nuts
Gobble d*ck up ’til you hiccup
My big homie Kurupt
This the same flow that put the rap game on a crutch
I’ve seen niggas Transform like villain Decepticons
Mollies’ll prolly turn these b!tches to f*ckin’ Lindsey Lohans
A bunch of rich…white girls lookin’ for parties
Playin with Barbies wreck the Porsche before you give ‘em the car key
Judge me ’til the monarchy, blessin’s to Paul McCartney
You called me a black Beatle, I’m either that or a Marley
I don’t smoke dope motherf*cker I sell it
I’m dressed in all black, this is not for the fan of Elvis
I’m aimin’ straight for your pelvis, you can’t stomach me
You plan on stumpin’ me? I’ve been jumped before you put a gun on me
I put one on yours I’m Sean Connery
James Bond, wasn’t none of you niggas climbing 100 mil in front of me
And I’m gonna get it even if you’re in the way
And if you’re in it, better run for pete’s sake
I heard the barbershops be in great debates all the time
Who’s the best MC? Kendrick, Jigga and Nas
Eminem, Andre 3000, the rest of yall
New niggas just new niggas, don’t get involved
And I ain’t rockin no more designer sh!t
White T’s and Nike Cortez, this is red corvettes anonymous
Im usually homeboys with the same niggas im rhymin wit
But this is hip hop and them niggas should know what time it is
And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big KRIT, Wale
Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake
Big Sean, Jay electron’, Tyler, Mac Miller
I got love for you all but I’m tryna murder you niggas
Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you niggas
They dont wanna hear not one more noun or verb from u niggas
What is competition? I’m tryna raise the bar high
Who tryna jump and get it? You better off tryna skydive
Out the exit window of 5 G5’s with 5 grams
With your grandad as the pilot he drunk as f*ck tryna land
With the hand full of arthritis and popping prosthetic leg
Bumpin Pac in the cockpit so the sh*t that pops in his head
Is an option of violence, someone heard the stewardess said
That your parachute is a latex condom hooked to a dread…

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TC5RYxopZos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZMxzVPP2eDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhlMzUkna0xjd3310U"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhlMzUkna0xjd3310U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LcD0IQ5Fgt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PNIX0b5Pai4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe src='http://www.audiomack.com/embed3/xclusiveszone/control-freestyle-1?c1=fc881e&bg=f2f2f2&c2=222222' scrolling='no' width='100%' height='144' scrollbars='no' frameborder='0'></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/kendricklamar">@kendricklamar</a> it’s okay to be cocky and sure, but we all need somebody to lean on. Let’s just call it mentoring.</p>&mdash; Phil Jackson (@PhilJackson11) <a href="https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/statuses/367373230132056065">August 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_YT841b3lGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>These next bars I write........
Thank you KENDRICK
Steel sharpens steel
<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BEASTMODE&amp;src=hash">#BEASTMODE</a></p>&mdash; BURR REDDING (@SeanPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/SeanPrice/statuses/367109276177014784">August 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
controlyourself-450x450.jpg

<iframe src='http://www.audiomack.com/embed3/xclusiveszone/control-yourself?c1=fc881e&bg=f2f2f2&c2=222222' scrolling='no' width='100%' height='144' scrollbars='no' frameborder='0'></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<script height="360px" width="450px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=91d90469ab784e6a8f7fe88cfe211e26&ec=02eHd1ZDpWIIqlhwyZquqj9FDPD5nTwl"></script>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F105348558&show_artwork=true"></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yesioCAIhNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pFObjRWv9qU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Maleman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:cool: thx 4 this thread P.
i guess the named niggas still
tryin to get their bars up.:D
sumbody gonna have to summerjam screen
this nigga like Prodigy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gzr4VrdKa8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:cool: thx 4 this thread P.
i guess the named niggas still
tryin to get their bars up.:D
sumbody gonna have to summerjam screen
this nigga like Prodigy.

This nigga coppin pleas :lol::lol::lol:

Kendrick got these niggas like :eek:

:D

These New York niggas are the worst

Just what I wanted to see. This song is bringing hip hop back to the grit and grime

:cool:

I see it like this so far...

Kendrick (and his people) are brilliant cause this is a WIN/WIN.

My very early assessment?

Ortiz is so far in the lead JUST because he was fast, accurate and aggressive. So he is the PERMANENT Silver medal just off that alone.

THAT is how NY responds to a diss track.

But here is where K Dot WINS...

as the responses roll in...each track is EXPOSING the WEAKNESSES of each MC.

Fred sounded like he ALWAYS sounds...same sh*t different beat.
Worse Lamar was NOT even TALKING about him...:lol:FAIL.

BOB was on some I'm trying to be different stuff again :rolleyes:
You can't have it both ways.
FAIL.

Ortiz's track was hella tight but unfortunately he ALWAYS is a beast so we expected this and kinda heard this before, he has continued to have difficulty crafting songs and changing flows.
B+/PASS

The most well crafted/most thought out/well written response so far is actually LOS...but he isn't well known enough and actually got a little LOST trying so hard to compare to Lamar's verse (yet it was the most focused?) Just to many words for a response sounded like a love letter.
PASS

Again Lamar's verse isn't even THAT great...but its ill just cause he had the balls and the skills to do it!

Canibus' diss to LL isn't the GREATEST of all time but damn it was the timing WHO he went after the the whole STORY behind it and the skills involved by this young upstart.

Bar for Bar? Cassidy KILLED but again his response EXPOSED his weakness...it was overkill, just overdid it with the puches...so it got a little repetitive and boring.
PASS

They ALL falling of the booby trap of using the SAME BEAT so all their responses sound homogenized :smh:

I 'm holding out hope for Joe Buddens to finish this...

(Lamar lucky Royce don't get in this cause THEN its OVER and I'm sure Dre & Em will NEVA allow it)

Everyone else should just leave it...

cause now they waiting too long.

The expectation is too great.

A wack response at this stage?

Summer Jam Screen Level Event

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly 'Haitian

If 5'9 get into this, we might have some interesting shit then. :yes:

Fuck Budden, dude is just a corny ass to me :smh:

You forgot Lupe's response. That fool was talking about dinosaurs and shit :smh::hmm: He lost me at that point. :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Here comes the white hip hop "intelligentsia" backlash...

Kendrick Lamar's 'Control' Verse: Not as Impressive as It Seems
121005-kendrick-2.jpg.png

http://www.spin.com/articles/kendrick-lamar-control-verse-big-sean-jay-electronica/

Last night, Big Sean released "Control," a track that won't make his upcoming album, Hall of Fame, due to sample-clearance issues. It's a seven-minute epic pulled along by a squeaky Spanish-language sample, with guest verses from a terse, confident Jay Electronica and an acrobatic Kendrick Lamar. The latter's endless-in-a-good-way rapping here expands from an intoned chant to a gravelly near-yell, delivering loaded lines wherein he declares himself "the King of New York"; places himself amid some of rap's all-time greats (Jay Z, Nas, Eminem, Andre 3000); and, via direct shout-outs, offers up a challenge to the rest of his straight-spitting generation: "Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale / Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake / Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller / I got love for you all but I'm trying to murder you niggas." The verse immediately knocked everybody over.

But "Control" is not quite as impressive as it seems. There's a great deal of filibustering in Kendrick's verse: Far too much name-checking just to fill space (from Kurupt to Lindsay Lohan), and numerous lines that say the same exact thing in pretty much the same exact way. The chilling "I don't smoke crack, motherfucker, I sell it" sounds like a Compton cryptkeeper character straight out of his 2012 rap opera good kid, m.A.A.d city, but the idea is quickly abandoned. Such a rah-rah song could use some pathos, and Kendrick's great at that-pleasure-that-pain rapping, but only toward verse's end, when he conjures up an extended, absurdist image (skydiving out of a plane piloted by a drunk-ass old man) does the end result qualify as truly memorable and vivid. Sure, Kendrick's expert trolling of rap's gatekeepers is the big takeaway here, but you admire his balls in even attempting such a thing more than the writing itself. Contrast it with the sober (and, yes, less exciting) Jay Electronica verse that immediately follows — with a solid elemental conceit sustained throughout, every line building on the previous one and propeling his boasts forward — and Kendrick comes off as unfocused and chaotic.

"Control" is also a rap verse about how much he's killing it, even though he isn't really killing it. It feels like an event because Kendrick tells you it's an event. And so it becomes an event, picked up and propelled by a thirsty blogosphere awash in "What do you think? Comment below!"-style nonsense. It's rap lyricism as click bait. Amazingly well-rapped click bait, but Kendrick calling himself "King of New York" is cheap nonetheless. Cheap because it's just a lazy way of upsetting a certain quadrant of embattled rap listeners, but also because at the same time, it tows the party line that New York hip-hop is still monolithic, or even matters much at all. Does it mean anything in 2013 to be the King of New York Rap? Does it mean anything to say you're the King of New York Rap?

Tucked around that unlikely declaration is an incredibly safe act of maintaining the status quo for what constitutes "good" rapping. New York hip-hop is briefly challenged and affronted here, but ultimately, it is also further mythologized. Also, the lack of Southern MCs in Kendrick's rundown (save for Big K.R.I.T.) is particularly egregious. Kendrick is constructing a narrative here: Not only did he unleash the verse of the year, dawg, but he's essentially told listeners which mainstream-approved rappers they should care about. He might as well be editing XXL here, planning a cover story titled "#NEWLYRICISM." Typically, though, there's nothing "new" about the lyricism celebrated or displayed on "Control."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

:cool:

#bgolbrotherhood

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2AmQCjr9va8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:eek::eek::eek:

ummm...OKay this lil dude just got a damn GOLD MEDAL...

different beat, classic NY flow, no ass kissing, straight spitting, no subminal,straight for the jugular.

Thank you young man.

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Last edited: