The Official Kamala Harris Thread

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Obama’s scheming has spectacularly backfired​

Story by Jake Wallis Simons
• 1d • 3 min read

Kamala Harris may not have been Barack Obama's first choice - The Washington Post

Kamala Harris may not have been Barack Obama's first choice - The Washington Post© Provided by The Telegraph
Does anybody truly believe that Kamala Harris has the “vision, the character and the strength that this critical moment demands?” A few people might, I suppose, but they are unlikely to include the Obamas, who dragged their feet for the best part of a week before finally endorsing the vice president in her run for the top job today.

Yet those very words were taken from the Obamas’ statement. You could almost hear the crack of gritted teeth. “There is no doubt in our minds that Kamala Harris has exactly what it takes to win this election and deliver for the American people,” the couple insisted, trying to persuade themselves as much as anyone else.

In recent days, rumours have swirled in Democrat circles that the former president was the “conductor leading the orchestra that convinced Biden to step aside,” in the words of Rod Blagojevich, a former governor of Illinois who branded Obama a “threat to democracy” in the Wall Street Journal this week.

Obama is “running the Democratic Party like a Chicago ward boss, from the shadows in the back room,” Blagojevich added, sniping: “In this case, it’s a big back room because he has a lot of big houses.”

To be fair to the Obamas, Blagojevich is hardly a disinterested observer. In 2008, Obama sacked the Chicago native from his position as senator; a year later, he was impeached for trying to sell the then-president’s vacant senate seat. He was convicted of corruption and sentenced to 14 years in a federal prison. This punishment was commuted by Donald Trump in 2020, after Blagojevich had been behind bars for almost eight years. The man has an axe to grind.

VideoBlue.svg
Related video: Obamas endorse VP Kamala Harris for president (MSNBC)
We'll begin this hour with a big development in the
Loaded: 4.65%

Play
videoSeekBack.svg
videoSeekForward.svg

Current Time 0:02
/
Duration 6:26

Quality Settings
Captions
Fullscreen

AA1lSloS.img
MSNBC
Obamas endorse VP Kamala Harris for president
Unmute

View on Watch View on Watch

But more voices than that of a disgraced former Illinois senator are alleging that the Obamas have their hands on the tiller of the Democratic Party – or that they did until their plan for deposing and replacing Joe Biden went badly awry.

Back in 2016, Barack Obama was reportedly instrumental in persuading Biden – then a mere stripling at 73 – to step aside in favour of Hillary Clinton, whom he believed had a better chance of beating Trump. “He was not encouraging,” Biden remarked stingingly to the New York Times.

We all know how that decision worked out. But it seems that Obama has not developed any greater confidence in his former vice president, who even before his apparent senility had a reputation for tiresome loquaciousness and muddled decision-making.

The New York Times column written by George Clooney two weeks ago, which asked Biden to throw in the towel before it was too late (“I Love Joe Biden But We Need a New Nominee”), was reportedly sent out into the world in coordination with Obama and other Democratic grandees as part of a plan that included the staged humiliation of Biden in the form of that early debate.

The intention, however, was to install the Arizona senator Mark Kelly – who, as if American politics couldn’t get any weirder, is a former astronaut – as a replacement, according to the New York Post. But Biden struck back, endorsing Harris and tipping a Zimmer Frame into Obama’s carefully-constructed works.

Hell hath no fury like a doddering octogenarian president scorned. Was the Harris endorsement the revenge of the Biden? Was he manipulated to buoy Harris to the top of the ticket? Did he have any idea what he was doing?

Nobody knows the answers to those questions. In fact, we are never likely to know. But one thing seems certain: It will be Harris who will go head-to-head at the next debate on September 10, Harris who will lead the Democrats to the polls in November, and – in all likelihood – Harris who will fold like a pack of cards before the juggernaut of Donald Trump.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Politics

Six House Democrats Just Voted to Condemn Kamala Harris for Her ‘Failure’ as ‘Border Czar’​

By Isaac Schorr, 3 days ago
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on this story, Mediaite may receive an affiliate commission.
Mediaite

Mediaite
Follow
https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1JH5lX_0udC5Sfu00
(AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
Six House Democrats voted with Republicans to condemn the Biden administration — and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Vice President Kamala Harris — for their failure to secure the United States’ southern border with Mexico on Thursday.

Reps. Jared Golden (D-ME), Yadira Caraveo(D-CO), Don Davis (D-NC) Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-WA), Henry Cuellar(D-TX), and Mary Peltola (D-AK) all voted for the resolution sponsored by GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik (R-NY) and put to a vote on the House floor.
The document first outlined Harris’s prescribed role in addressing the border crisis and noted, among other items, that the former Border Patrol chief had never been spoken to by either Harris or President Joe Biden and the skyrocketing levels of illegal immigration into the country under their administration

(Always; WATCH YOUR BACK)

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Politics

Harris campaign pulls in cash from ‘white dudes’ and women in online events​

By Shia Kapos and Kierra Frazier, 9 hrs ago
POLITICO

POLITICO
Follow
https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1LuiaO_0uhMuvnP00
The calls are further evidence of the vice president’s apparent ability to raise money for a campaign that’s less than two weeks old and will require massive spending to overcome the polling strength of Donald Trump. | Heather Khalifa for POLITICO
The dudes abide Kamala Harris.

The vice president’s campaign drew nearly 200,000 participants Monday to a “White Dudes for Harris” Zoom call that included Jeff Bridges, who referenced his signature line from “The Big Lebowski” to endorse her presidential candidacy.

"I'm white. I'm a dude and I'm for Harris,” he said on the call.

The online event, which featured nearly 30 speakers and raised more than $4 million, wasn’t the only big financial draw for Harris. A separate “Women for Harris” attracted over 300,000 viewers.

The calls are further evidence of the vice president’s apparent ability to raise money for a campaign that’s less than two weeks old and will require massive spending to overcome the polling strength of former President Donald Trump.

“White Dudes for Harris” and “Women for Harris” follow other virtual gatherings in recent days from identity-based groups — including “Black Women for Harris.”

Bridges set the tone early in the discussion. “I’m excited, man. The fact that Joe passed the baton so beautifully and Kamala is our girl. A woman president. How exciting!”

The discussion went on to live up to the movie’s famous line, “A dude abides,” a reference to embrace tolerance.

A long line of white men went on to pledge money for Harris and challenge the stereotype that white men prefer Trump. “White Dudes for Harris” was inspired by the “Black Women for Harris” gathering a week ago. Donors included Maryland Rep. Steny Hoyer, who committed $50,000 .

The Zoom event featured a range of politicos, including Gov. Roy Cooper of North Carolina, who has taken his name out of contention to run with Harris as vice president, and two people still said to be possibilities: Tim Walz of Minnesota and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.

Also taking part were Gov. JB Pritzker of Illinois and actor Bradley Whitford, known for playing a White House deputy chief of staff on NBC’s “The West Wing.”

Pritzker acknowledged that the name of the event was a bit unusual. “White Dudes for Harris, it doesn't sound like something I would join, but this is a terrific cause.” Then he pitched his support for Harris and poked at Trump.

“Real men respect women, their decisions, their careers. It’s clear that Donald Trump and JD Vance don’t,” Cooper said.

The impromptu Zoom gatherings in the last week have boosted enthusiasm for Harris, an aspect of the Biden campaign that faded over time as concerns about his age became more worrisome for voters. But since Biden stepped aside eight days ago, many groups have held their own calls to boost Harris and raise mountains of cash for the campaign. The Harris campaign pulled in $200 million since President Joe Biden dropped his reelection bid.

The “Women for Harris” Zoom call, hosted by the Democratic National Committee, included Gloria Steinem; Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington; Sen. Laphonza Butler of California; along with Chelsea Clinton and Ana Navarro of “The View.” Organizers did not immediately disclose how much money was raised during the event.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Kamala Harris’ stepdaughter Ella Emhoff’s Secret Service detail arrests ‘anti-police watcher’ in NYC after heated altercation
By
Social Links forNicholas McEntyre
Published July 31, 2024, 7:50 a.m. ET

The Secret Service detail assigned to Kamala Harris’ stepdaughter arrested an “anti-police watcher” during a heated altercation on a NYC sidewalk on Tuesday, video shows.
Ella Emhoff, the daughter of Second Gentlemen Doug Emhoff, was inside a Tribeca restaurant for lunch when the frustrated New Yorker confronted her detail outside, according to a video obtained by TMZ.
The “anti-police watcher” goes around the city complaining about cars that have NYPD parking placards that can park wherever instead of driving around the block, the outlet reported, citing a source.
The Secret Service detail of Vice President Kamala Harris' stepdaughter, Ella Emhoff, arrested an agitator in New York on Tuesday. 4
The Secret Service detail of Vice President Kamala Harris’ stepdaughter, Ella Emhoff, arrested an agitator in New York on Tuesday.
The unidentified man, wearing a black shirt, confronted one of Emhoff’s plain-clothes agents not knowing he was a part of the Secret Service.

The agitator reportedly ripped a license plate off one of the black SUVs parked on the street during the argument, leading to the NYPD being called to the scene.

Emhoff, who was inside with a friend, was rushed out and placed in one of the SUVs, the video shows.
The man was handcuffed and arrested, but it was unclear what charges he faces.
The Secret Service confirmed to TMZ that the man had messed with a license plate unprovoked before being detained and arrested, noting that no protectee was in danger.
Emhoff, who was inside with a friend, was rushed out and placed in one of the SUVs, the video captured. 4
Emhoff, who was inside with a friend, was rushed out and placed in one of the SUVs.Ella Emhoff/Instagram
Emhoff is the daughter of Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff. 4
Ella Emhoff is the daughter of Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff.Getty Images
The Secret Service confirmed to TMZ that the man had messed with a license plate unprovoked before being detained and arrested, noting that no protectee was in danger. 4
The Secret Service confirmed to TMZ that the man had messed with a license plate unprovoked before being detained and arrested, noting that no protectee was in danger.EPA
The Secret Service has been under fire in recent weeks following the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump at a campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.
What do you think? Post a comment.
Trump’s right ear was grazed by a bullet shot by Thomas Matthew Crooks, who had climbed on top of a nearby roof without being stopped by law enforcement.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Kamala has never denied any part of her heritage, but I know 2 women who have….
GT5IgPuWUAAcTFw

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Luntz: Trump ‘committing political suicide’ as Harris seizes ‘intensity advantage’​

By Sarah Fortinsky, 14 hrs ago

The

The Hill

https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=0QHXpV_0uyGkxdY00

Longtime GOP pollster Frank Luntz said in a Wednesday interview he is seeing a “broad shift” in the 2024 polls toward Vice President Harris as she rides her “intensity advantage” and as former President Trump increasingly commits “political suicide.”

Luntz said Harris’s recent enthusiasm boost has tapped into part of the electorate that might not have otherwise voted in November had President Biden remained the party’s nominee. He predicted that could have a downballot effect in an interview on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

“She’s bringing out people who are not interested in voting for either Trump or Biden. So the entire electoral pool has changed,” Luntz said. “And if it continues in this direction, you have to start to consider Democrats winning the Senate and Democrats winning the House.

“The actual people who are participating. She’s got intensity now. She’s got an intensity advantage. She’s got a demographic advantage. And I haven’t seen anything like this happen in 30 days in my lifetime,” Luntz continued.

Asked how significant that margin of extra Harris voters might be to the overall electoral pool, Luntz said, “One percent, maybe two. That’s it. But that’s enough.”

Luntz suggested there are three components — attributes, issues and conditions of the country — that build a candidate’s support, adding, “You shift the demographics, and you shift the entire outcome.”

“The issues and conditions favor Donald Trump. He should be winning this election. But the attributes are so much in Harris’s favor that he’s not.”

“I’m trying to do a focus group tonight with undecided voters under the age of 27 for a major news outlet. And I can’t recruit young women to this because they don’t exist as undecided voters,” he said.

Luntz described a broad shift in voters toward Harris driven by the appeal of her attributes — particularly among disillusioned young adults and women.

“The people who are ‘undecided’ have all collapsed towards Harris. The people who are ‘weak Trump’ have all collapsed towards ‘undecided.’ It’s this broad shift,” Luntz said.
Luntz also noted that Trump, at times, appears to be undermining the appeal of his own attributes. He pointed to a recent moment where Trump praised X owner Elon Musk for firing union workers who went on strike to protest for better working conditions.

“Why is Donald Trump saying publicly, I want to fire the same people that he’s getting now, still getting, union members?” Luntz said. “It’s ridiculous. It’s as though he’s lost control.”

“And I know that there are billionaires who watch this show who are spending a lot of money on Donald Trump, and they don’t understand why he’s committing political suicide,” Luntz said.

Facebook
Copy Link
The

1288.6k Followers
The Hill
The Hill is a top US political website, read by the White House and more lawmakers than any other site -- vital for policy, politics ...

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
A List of Republicans Will Be Appearing at
the Democratic National Conference (DNC)

AA1p3xmn.img

Kamala Harris speaks at a campaign event, on Sunday, in Rochester, Pennsylvania.
Several Republicans and former Republicans have endorsed Kamala Harris.© AP

A list of Republicans will be appearing at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) this week in Chicago as Vice President Kamala Harris continues to collect endorsements from GOP figures ahead of November.

Adam Kinzinger, who served Illinois's 16th congressional district from 2010 to January 2023, is scheduled to speak at the event on Thursday, the same night Harris will give her keynote speech, CNN revealed on Sunday. A long-standing critic of former President Donald Trump, Kinzinger voted to impeach Trump for "incitement of an insurrection" after the January 6 attacks. Last month, Kinzinger wrote that the former president had turned the GOP into a "cult of personality."

Ana Navarro, a Republican strategist and co-host of ABC's The View, will host Tuesday night of the DNC. Navarro, a frequent critic of former president Donald Trump in recent years, explained on her Instagram why she is supporting Harris.

"I'm a little refugee girl who fled communism, who fled Nicaragua at the age of eight, found freedom, found opportunity, found a home in America, and for me to have the chance to stand on that stage and help my girl, Kamala, make history and become the Democratic nominee, it's just such a mind-blowing moment," Navarro said.

Two former Trump White House officials are also expected to show support for Harris during the DNC this week. Stephanie Grisham, Trump's former White House press secretary, announced her plans to address the DNC in a post to X, formerly Twitter, on Tuesday, along with the hashtag, #RepublicansForHarris. Olivia Troye, a former adviser to Vice President Mike Pence, said on X that she will address the convention Wednesday night.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Her sister is down with a brotha and has a much darker appearance, she has accepted her African roots. She appears to be everything that Kamala is not.

befunky-collage.jpg

Maya_Harris_no_logo-pnkwj0.jpg

She is much darker than Kamala Harris, is she avoiding the sunlight? I know many Indians will do this too lighten up their skin stay indoors all day. I just hope she isn't taking skin lightning cream, which is common in India.

lighten-skin-naturally-immediate-results-indian-skin-whitening.jpg

Screenshot-2024-08-23-at-12-22-05-PM.png

Last edited:

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
MnnIvHtN_400x400.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish her the best of luck this fall...Hopefully, I am able to travel.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The American Vice President
PBS American Experience
Official Trailer
Debuts October 1, 2024

The American Vice President explores the little-known story of the second-highest office in the land, tracing its evolution from a constitutional afterthought to a position of political consequence. Focusing on the fraught period between 1963 and 1974, when a grief-stricken and then scandal-plagued America was forced to clarify the role of the vice president, the film examines the passage and first uses of the 25th Amendment and offers a fresh and surprising perspective on succession in the executive branch.

o7UjDZW-asset-mezzanine-16x9-YyzJfDS.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

George Clooney praises Joe Biden for bowing out of presidential race after op-ed: 'All the credit goes to him'​

The actor called the president's decision "the most selfless thing that anybody's done since George Washington" at a Venice screening for his new film "Wolfs."
By Shania Russell

Published on September 1, 2024 01:22PM EDT

We left some people speechless.

George Clooney is commending President Joe Biden for stepping aside as the Democratic nominee in the 2024 presidential race.

Earlier this summer, the Oscar-winning actor and producer was one of several political and Hollywood figures who called for the president to end his re-election bid, going as far as penning a New York Times op-ed titled, "I Love Joe Biden, but We Need a New Nominee." Now, Clooney is breaking his silence on Biden’s decision to bow out of the race and put his support behind Vice President Kamala Harris.

"I've never had to answer that question, so I suppose I'll do it here," Clooney said Sunday at the Venice Film Festival press screening of his upcoming movie Wolfs when asked about his essay. The crowd promptly erupted into applause, to which Clooney responded, "The person who should be applauded is the president, who did the most selfless thing that anybody's done since George Washington."

George Clooney, Joe Biden

George Clooney; Joe Biden.
Daniele Venturelli/WireImage; Eduardo Munoz Alvarez/Getty
Martin Sheen, The West Wing's President Bartlet, meets President Biden at the White House

"All the machinations that got us there, none of that's gonna be remembered and it shouldn't be," Clooney continued. "What should be remembered is the selfless act of someone who… You know, it's very hard to let go of power. We know that. We've seen it all around the world. And for someone to say, 'I think there's a better way forward,' all the credit goes to him, and that's really the truth."

Before Biden's July 21 announcement that he would be dropping out of the race and endorsing Harris, Clooney expressed concern about his ability to lead the Democratic Party to victory.

"The Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fund-raiser was not the Joe 'big f---ing deal' Biden of 2010," Clooney wrote in his July 10 op-ed. "He wasn't even the Joe Biden of 2020. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate."

Want more movie news? Sign up for Entertainment Weekly's free newsletter to get the latest trailers, celebrity interviews, film reviews, and more.

Musicians who banned presidential candidates from using their songs

Joe Biden, right, greets actor George Clooney during the Kennedy Center honoree reception

Joe Biden and George Clooney at the 2022 Kennedy Center honoree reception.
Bonnie Cash/UPI/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Spider-Man director reunites George Clooney, Brad Pitt in trailer for first movie together in 16 years

Voicing his worries about the president's age — he is 81 — in the wake of his much maligned performance at the June 27 debate with Donald Trump, Clooney added, "As Democrats, we collectively hold our breath or turn down the volume whenever we see the president, who we respect, walk off Air Force One or walk back to a mic to answer an unscripted question."

The actor also alleged that he had spoken privately to numerous Democratic senators and members of congress and that "every single one" shared the sentiment that "we are not going to win in November with this president." Clooney was one of many entertainers to express such concerns, with others including Stephen King, Rob Reiner, Michael Moore, John Cusack, and Michael Douglas.

Addressing the role his more notable critics may have played in Biden's decision, Clooney argued that only the president's decision to step aside would go down in history. "All the rest of it will be long gone and forgotten," he said at the Wolfs press conference in Venice. "And so I'm just very proud of where we are in the state of the world right now, which I think many people are surprised by, and I think we're all very excited by the future."

Since dropping out of the race, Biden has stood firmly behind Harris and her pick for vice president, Tim Walz. "My very first decision as the party nominee in 2020 was to pick Kamala Harris as my vice president," he wrote in his initial announcement. "And it's been the best decision I've made. Today I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year. Democrats — it's time to come together and beat Trump. Let's do this."

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member