The Official "Listening To Shit On The Go" Thread

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
I want to start with three questions.

1. I have found it IMPOSSIBLE to find good earphones. Years ago when I was poor, I would get them from the dollar store and sometimes have to replace them within days (if they worked at all) but always after a few weeks if I was extremely lucky. In the past year, I use them more because I run a lot and I've found that the $15-20 variety available at places like Walmart and CVS aren't as much better as they should be based on price. I once had a pair stop working in a day and they regularly wear out after a month or so. I almost feel like I'd be better of buying a few dozen of the dollar store variety if I happened upon a comfortable fit. QUESTION: Can you recommend a pair of quality earphones durable enough for running?

2. I spend a lot of time traveling and would like to listen to more podcasts or downloaded material from the internet. Is there a good app for that? Android specific tips needed here.

3. When I run and listen to music, I do so on my phone. I just bought a new one a few months back and I kept it in a case with a clear plastic face. I've already ruined the touch screen from moisture from trapped sweatiness getting trapped in there, along with from my fondness of doing my running in the rain whenever possible. Is there a best kind of case to keep a phone in while running or is it better to buy an iPod or something similar (and, if so, what)?

Feel free to add related questions!

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Two months later, left earbud is dead, another $15-20 wasted. :smh:

I don't feel like I should be spending $100 a year on headsets.

DaMostHy

Troll Hunter
BGOL Investor
2 months of bumping this thread and no one else responded with positive feed back huh. :lol: Costanza take this PSA bump

OP%20is%20a%20faggot.gif

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
2 months of bumping this thread and no one else responded with positive feed back huh. :lol: Costanza take this PSA bump

OP%20is%20a%20faggot.gif

Nobody spends as much time thinking about me as you do, sadly. You're the only one who cares. I ask you to ignore me but there you are in every thread saying "I just can't quit you."