The standard rate at Black barbershops is now $35-$40

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
Registered
Here in Houston I pay $30 plus a $10 tip but I've had the same barber since 1993. Back then as a teenager I was paying $10 and was getting designs cut into my shit

I went to Durban and Johannesburg South Africa I was paying $3. I got a wash a massage and a facial and they put pomade in my shit after the wash. I tipped dude in Durban so much he said "my neegah" and they was begging me to help em to come to America

Voltage overseas is 240v so clippers from here sound like a chainsaw and will burn up. I always look like a homeless dude coming back from Europe
Yyyooooooooo fam what's good where you been?

spider705

Registered
As soon as I saw the thread bump I knew it would be about ole boy charging 1150 for the fade...

Glad I learned how to cut my hair years ago... I'm the only person that cuts my son's hair and I cut mine also... but I rock a baldy now with a lined up beard... I bought one of those little handheld shavers from Amazon and I cut my hair in 15 minutes... I take my time on my beard lineup though... gotta keep that sharp...

On average I do this shit every 2 days... my gf said she doesn't even know what I look like with a 5 o clock shadow on my head or a beard that needs to be trimmed...

Last edited:

kingleo

Rising Star
Registered
Yyyooooooooo fam what's good where you been?
Man chilling my nigga it's so goddamn hot. My niggaz tried to get me to go to the Davenport last Sunday I pulled up about 6pm it was packed full of broads but it was too hot to drink man I got my car washed down the street and came home.

You good family???

spider705

Registered
Man chilling my nigga it's so goddamn hot. My niggaz tried to get me to go to the Davenport last Sunday I pulled up about 6pm it was packed full of broads but it was too hot to drink man I got my car washed down the street and came home.

You good family???
Yeah man I'm good bro I'm in that area now right by Davenport... me n my girl are right by Eddie V's and 5 Central... I couldn't be in a better spot right now... was looking for you to check in in that thread about Sensei passing... i know them was your people... I hate how that shit was all over social media how it was

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor

These are better than the Andis clippers and cleaner faster cut?

You will not find better clippers and/or trimmers than these. I have used Andis, Wahl, and other brands that pro barbers use and NOTHING comes close to these. They are phenomenal. Pricey, yes. But one use and you'll be sold.
Plus if you get them from amazon and don't like them (highly unlikely) you can just return them.

81tWirskcxS._SL1500_.jpg
51eIdfUsoCL._SL1024_.jpg

they do come in other colors.

Guides for the trimmer make beard work easy-peasy
7159YFrHEsL._SL1500_.jpg

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You will not find better clippers and/or trimmers than these. I have used Andis, Wahl, and other brands that pro barbers use and NOTHING comes close to these. They are phenomenal. Pricey, yes. But one use and you'll be sold.
Plus if you get them from amazon and don't like them (highly unlikely) you can just return them.

81tWirskcxS._SL1500_.jpg
51eIdfUsoCL._SL1024_.jpg

7159YFrHEsL._SL1500_.jpg

Since Ive had to start using a new barber, every barber I've used in the past 8 months uses these... I am definitely going to cop. I have a pair of Bevels that are really good, so I will just add this to the squad.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get my done shaped up at the PX. Couple brothers there done get me right for some years. Unfortunately, price goes up every 6 months to a year. I pay under 20 still so I don’t complain especially compared to what civilian barbers be charging. But sometimes u just think where I the world is the end of this? Merica needs to do something. Literally everything is gettin unaffordable and outrageously expensive.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Since Ive had to start using a new barber, every barber I've used in the past 8 months uses these... I am definitely going to cop. I have a pair of Bevels that are really good, so I will just add this to the squad.

I've got a box full of my old clippers and trimmers, all type of brands. I can guarantee if you use the Babyliss you'll never use another.

One thing that's important - plug the cord into the clipper first, THEN plug into the wall socket.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

81tWirskcxS._SL1500_.jpg
51eIdfUsoCL._SL1024_.jpg

7159YFrHEsL._SL1500_.jpg
Is it 230 for the whole kit?

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
Someone on here linked it to me before but I lost it.

I need a good pair clippers for the beard, tossed out my old pair since they shorted out, and the current Braun I have now is more for clean shave and can't really shape up.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

81tWirskcxS._SL1500_.jpg
51eIdfUsoCL._SL1024_.jpg

7159YFrHEsL._SL1500_.jpg
I have an Andis trimmer, but they just don't hit my line like I want them to.

I have tried everything to get them sharper, but they are just mediocre at best.

I'll give these a try.

Last edited:

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

81tWirskcxS._SL1500_.jpg
51eIdfUsoCL._SL1024_.jpg

7159YFrHEsL._SL1500_.jpg
Is this 230 for me he whole kit?

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
I have an Andis trimmer, but they just don't hit my line like I want them to.

I have tried everything to get them sharper, but they are just mediocre at best.

I'll give these a try.

Bro, you can shave with the trimmer. I wish somebody had told me about them before I kept trying different brands to get a satisfactory result. These bad boys are zero-gapped out the box but also have a gap tool. Best 300 hundred bucks I've ever spent.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro, you can shave with the trimmer. I wish somebody had told me about them before I kept trying different brands to get a satisfactory result. These bad boys are zero-gapped out the box but also have a gap tool. Best 300 hundred bucks I've ever spent.
I just checked and those sumbitches are pricey, but it's worth it to have the right tools for the job.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
I just checked and those sumbitches are pricey, but it's worth it to have the right tools for the job.

Yeah. ***see above***

those are prices from their site. There's some place in Texas I think that sells refurb cheaper but I wouldn't fuck with them.

But like I said - order them from amazon and try them. You can always return them.

But I bet you won't. Let me know.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah. ***see above***

those are prices from their site. There's some place in Texas I think that sells refurb cheaper but I wouldn't fuck with them.

But like I said - order them from amazon and try them. You can always return them.

But I bet you won't. Let me know.
Alright man... I got lost in trimmer world! There are so many many trimmers out there on the market. I had no idea. Looked at a bunch of Youtube videos on the best trimmers.

Went with the BaBylissPRO LithiumFX Cord/Cordless Lithium

If these don't hit out the box as I've seen on these vids, I'll just go w/ the ones you got. Everybody on YT said those are one of the best you can get. I only saved about $50 bucks getting these, but just thought these would work for what I need them for.

61b+yYczoKL._SL1500_.jpg

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Alright man... I got lost in trimmer world! There are so many many trimmers out there on the market. I had no idea. Looked at a bunch of Youtube videos on the best trimmers.

Went with the BaBylissPRO LithiumFX Cord/Cordless Lithium

If these don't hit out the box as I've seen on these vids, I'll just go w/ the ones you got. Everybody on YT said those are one of the best you can get. I only saved about $50 bucks getting these, but just thought these would work for what I need them for.

61b+yYczoKL._SL1500_.jpg

:lol: :thumbsup:..looks like the same blade set so should be all good. I'll be interested in your opinion.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Learned to cut my hair even b4 the pandemic.. been doing it since I was 15 yrs old… 27+ yrs and counting… 10s of thousands of dollars saved… I’m basic with it.. either baldy or real low cut Caesar
You sound like me. Low cut all over and trim my beard.

I spend more time on my damn beard than the hair on my head.

You also save so much time not having to deal w/ barbershops!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You sound like me. Low cut all over and trim my beard.

I spend more time on my damn beard than the hair on my head.

You also save so much time not having to deal w/ barbershops!

Please give me some beard tips I need it bro.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Please give me some beard tips I need it bro.
I don't have one of those big ass Philly beards. My shit won't grow that long and full.

That one big I do though is use a relaxer on it every 3 or 4 months. Helps straighten out some my curly ass beard hair and gives it a smoother look.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't have one of those big ass Philly beards. My shit won't grow that long and full.

That one big I do though is use a relaxer on it every 3 or 4 months. Helps straighten out some my curly ass beard hair and gives it a smoother look.

SO THAT'S THE SECRET