THE WIRE REUNION 18 YRS LATER....DUKIE, NAMOND AND RANDY

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The greatest drama series EVER.
Literally just finished watching the entire last show night. Binged watched the show for the last 2 weeks or so.

LOOOOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Some incredible writing and amazing talent!!!

Didn't care for Season 4 with the kids acting a damn fool in class. I just FF through most of that crap, but everything else was A+!

Season 5 was riveting!!! When Mcnulty was running his homeless killing game on the dept, I couldn't wait to see how that was going to turn out!

Wish I never waiting so long to watch this damn show!!

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its wild seeing them as grown men.
It really is.

I would pause the show at times to look up the actors and see what else they were up to since The Wire.

I had NO idea that Michael B Jordan was on the show. No idea that Wendell Pierce was on the show. That mofo was brilliant on The Wire!

The only reason I knew that Idris Elba was on the show is from this Hot Ones episode.....lol. He told the story of how he got the role of Stringer Bell.

What a great ensemble cast.

( time stamped to 16:11 )

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Literally just finished watching the entire last show night. Binged watched the show for the last 2 weeks or so.

LOOOOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Didn't care for Season 4 with the kids acting a damn fool in class. I just FF through most of that crap, but everything else was A+!

Season 5 was riveting!!! When Mcnulty was running his homeless killing game on the dept, I couldn't wait to see how that was going to turn out!

Surprised you didn't dislike Season 2. Many dont care for it. I liked it because it showed cacs in a bad light and shed a light on how drugs got into the city

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Surprised you didn't dislike Season 2. Many dont care for it. I liked it because it showed cacs in a bad light and shed a light on how drugs got into the city
Season 2 was interesting cause it showed something different other than the street drug dealing game.

Took me a minute to get into that season though, but it was cool.

FLoss

Surviving Kamala Harris
BGOL Investor

LOOOOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

I thought season 4 focusing on the failure of the education system provided some of the best moments in the series. I used to bing watch every summer, and every time there would be some detail or story arc I didn't catch before. That is a mark of true genius. I watched this video a few weeks ago and it made me want to re-watch the series again. The writing, acting, layers of the storyline and character development are ridiculous. For it to all come together at one time is insane.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought season 4 focusing on the failure of the education system provided some of the best moments in the series. I used to bing watch every summer, and every time there would be some detail or story arc I didn't catch before. That is a mark of true genius. I watched this video a few weeks ago and it made me want to re-watch the series again. The writing, acting, layers of the storyline and character development are ridiculous. For it to all come together at one time is insane.

See, that's what bothers me.

It's definitely a failure on the school system, but it's an even bigger failure of the parents and that crazy drug infested environment.

IMO. Black people have the power to change a lot of what goes on in our communities.

Just couldn't stand seeing all those Black kids being that disrespectful to teachers and authority.

Like those kids couldn't form a sentence without using the word fuck or shit or nigga!

Just hard to watch.