jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
GVE3rP_aEAEVieT

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think the whole concept is off though

If you living with your parents a car is good move.

But if you live in NY or big metro area a car ain't really a necessity like that.

Maybe unless it's for Uber or you live somewhere with no public transport

It's just a silly fake deep topic.

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

But if you live in NY or big metro area a car ain't really a necessity like that.

I was gonna add this to my post but fuck it, I was too lazy

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless you are comfortable living out of your fucking car, then that is a terrible take!!

ESPECIALLY in today's job market, there are sooooo many work from home positions for one.

For two, there are BUSES!!! That, or this crazy new invention called a bicycle. This new start up company called Uber is out there as well :)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Suppose you work from home?

Cars are deprecating assets!

Noticed she said apartment not a house.

Use can build wealth with a house.

This isn't even worth wasting keystrokes Keith...

The variables are endless

What if you rent a 2 bedroom then sublet it? What if you BUY the apartment?

Did you buy the car? Lease?

What is the make and model of the car?

Because car repair could break you but Apartment is covered.

It's a silly internet take.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
I agree with her

The car also gives her more options, she can get a higher paying job that is not so close to home
She's speaking as young person possibly living with her parents so yes to me a car should come first, that's the first step to getting your independence. You work a small job, get you enough money to get a car, then maybe get a better job and then stack up to get your first apartment

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
well in HER ho profession YES, SHE with her fine ass,

and make some nice money, playin ho games in her car,

but for the average person WITH MORALS,

you better get a place to rest your head and execute your game plan,

unless you plan on suckin dick and driving around for a living...

and dont SAY UBER, because nobody wants to drive around all fuckin day

and sleep in a car all fuckin night... have the car smelling like morning breath all day,

yea thats gonna get ya a lot of great reviews from passangers..

sheet get an apt with two rooms and rent the other one out, rinse and repeat....
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
She's speaking as young person possibly living with her parents so yes to me a car should come first, that's the first step to getting your independence. You work a small job, get you enough money to get a car, then maybe get a better job and then stack up to get your first apartment
That's exactly how I took it....young person living with parents who are cool with her still being there....I didn't take it as car vs homelessness

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

In Houston yo ass need a car or motorcycle to get around. Same for Dallas

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
I had 4 cars before I had some place to stay :dunno::smh:

I'll say this depends on where you live.

In California a car was a necessity, shit was spread out too far not to have a car.

You couldn't rely on public transportation like that and expect to have a productive day.

You'd be exhausted by the time you get home riding that train all day then the bus.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
That's not really a crazy take, I've heard several success stories where they talk about at one point they were living out of their car. It does help you get around when you need it the most.
That's cool and all but a person still gotta use a restroom and buy takeout food because they can't cook living in their car. Also, it's not easy having to buy food everyday especially if you aren't making enough money from a job.

Besides not everyone lives with their parents and don't like their rules where they would want their own place to do what they want and a piece of mind.

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is why so many people are homeless cause they would rather a bunch of other things besides a roof over their heads and their going from place to place staying where they can with out a care in the world and no responsibility.

In places where you need a car,fine,I understand but outside of that you need some where to stay.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That's cool and all but a person still gotta use a restroom and buy takeout food because hey can't cook living in their car. Also, it's not easy having to buy food everyday especially if you aren't making enough money from a job.

Besides not everyone loves with their parents and don't like their rules where they would want their own place to do what they want and a piece of mind.
Portable grills and various outdoor cooking utensils exist. You literally can cook various things outside, also coolers exist and they have special storage bags that you can put ice in that can keep your food preserved for days.. that's what camping is all about.. this situation ain't about that but if push come to shove it's certain things you can do.. as far as bathroom/showers in a place like NYC for $150 a yr or $75 a month you get access to a variety of NYC gyms that have full showers, bathroom, workout equipment, swimming pools, bball courts, certain places access to PCs, and diff programs

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
This is why so many people are homeless cause they would rather a bunch of other things besides a roof over their heads and their going from place to place staying where they can with out a care in the world and no responsibility.

In places where you need a car,fine,I understand but outside of that you need some where to stay.
Please say it again, just living with their friends sleeping on the couch or floor because they don't want to pay for an apartment to keep a roof of their head. Also, most of them don't get along with their parents. Let's not forget gas is high as hell now. But good luck to them to think a car comes before having a roof over their head. To each their own!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Please say it again, just living with their friends sleeping on the couch or floor because they don't want to pay for an apartment to keep a roof of their head. Also, most of them don't get along with their parents. Let's not forget gas is high as hell now. But good luck to them to think a car comes before having a roof over their head. To each their own!
There's tons of homeless people that don't have a vehicle. If given 1 they probably would tell you it's actually an improvement on their living situation cause believe it or not it would be some form of a roof cause they no longer have to sleep outdoors, or random places, they actually have a storage for their items and they can move around better now

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Portable grills and various outdoor cooking utensils exist. You literally can cook various things outside, also coolers exist and they have special storage bags that you can put ice in that can keep your food preserved for days.. that's what camping is all about.. this situation ain't about that but if push come to shove it's certain things you can do.. as far as bathroom/showers in a place like NYC for $150 a yr or $75 a month you get access to a variety of NYC gyms that have full showers, bathroom, workout equipment, swimming pools, bball courts, certain places access to PCs, and diff programs
Portable grills and where are they gonna plug it in at if they car doesn't have receptacle for it. But not everyone does camping, I'm speaking on people that live in the city who don't have a roof over their head and have to live in a tent, they have to use public restrooms and if they want to use a portable grills, they would need permission from a business that has an outdoor receptacle for them to use because people don't like dealing with homeless people. This why more affordable homes need to be out there and programs for homeless to give a person a place to stay. Philly is a perfect example of homeless being in Kensington which the mayor had to find a pace for these homeless to get off the street and give them a place to stay. Being homeless isn't easy, but that's not something people should be proud of, it's should be a temporary thing until they get back on their feet but some people are too comfortable being homeless to think they're saving money when they aren't living in their cars or on the street.

I respect what you're saying in NYC because I don't know too much about how they live down there being homeless and thanks for the info.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
There's tons of homeless people that don't have a vehicle. If given 1 they probably would tell you it's actually an improvement on their living situation cause believe it or not it would be some form of a roof cause they no longer have to sleep outdoors, or random places, they actually have a storage for their items and they can move around better now
All that cost money, none of that is cheap. So, add all that up, and it's like they're paying more than they should. Now with a roof over your head, you don't have to pay for most of those things. People that live out their cars have a lot of expenses vs people that have a roof over their head. But whatever works for them then that's fine.