TRUMP INDICTED! TRUMP CONVICTED! GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES! ... and more convictions yet to come!!!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

71973869-0-image-a-16_1686351395101.jpg

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Put it like this .. something I BEEN SAID.. remember when During the debates it came out that Trump was in $485 million in debt. I said two things
1- Why the fuck would I want a president who’s in personal $485 million in debt to run this country
2- And two- most importantly- THIS IS TRUMP AKA all bout money, all for himself. If he’s $485 million in debt- ( remember this is Trump) that means THIS MUTHAFUCKA IS FOR SALE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER! I wouldn’t be surprised if he sold information

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Put it like this .. something I BEEN SAID.. remember when During the debates it came out that Trump was in $485 million in debt. I said two things
1- Why the fuck would I want a president who’s in personal $485 million in debt to run this country
2- And two- most importantly- THIS IS TRUMP AKA all bout money, all for himself. If he’s $485 million in debt- ( remember this is Trump) that means THIS MUTHAFUCKA IS FOR SALE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER! I wouldn’t be surprised if he sold information
Correction: He is not for sale. With that much debt, he's already sold. It's just a matter of who is coming to collect him and when.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fabf1b76a-d48c-4b91-a233-fefeb2347441_1179x681.png

Document #19: US Nuclear Capability

[S/FRD] Undated document concerning nuclear weaponry of the United States
Ordinarily, classified documents fall within the purview of the Executive Branch to classify or declassify. You may, for example, have heard that the President can declassify any document. This is usually true, because most classifications inside the US government track their authority back to the President’s Article II powers as Commander in Chief (or Foreign Affairs), and in both cases are regulated by Executive Order 13526 and its predecessors. Classification crimes are proscribed by statute (as National Defense Information), but usually the definition of National Defense Information will lean on the Executive Branch’s definitions, as defined in the Executive Order.

Not so with nuclear documents. Classification of these documents is by statute, not by EO 13526 or its predecessors. Specifically, these are classified directly via the Atomic Energy Act.

In this group, document #19 is special. This is Formerly Restricted Data, and is classified by virtue of the Atomic Energy Act (as implemented by 10 CFR part 1045). Trump could not have declassified this document even while president—at least not directly. It is National Defense Information by statute, not by executive order.

By statute, documents are classified under the Atomic Energy Act if the Department of Energy and Department of Defense agree that the document (or category) falls within the categories laid out in the Atomic Energy Act. If DOE and DOD disagree, the President can break the tie (in either direction). This means the President could in principle force documents to be declassified by directing the relevant Secretaries to declassify the documents (and firing them if they don’t comply). But critically: the process must occur for the document to be declassified. It is not “at will” declassification by the President.

This is a really big deal, not just because of what it contains, but because it resolves a nasty question about classification EOs and the extent to which they bind upwards as well as downwards in the executive branch heirarchy. Here, document 19 side-steps the question. This document is classified by statute.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
Trump bullshit put these Republicans between a rock and a hard Place. Regardless, how they feel about Joe Biden he’s actually been doing pretty good lately with the economy so yeah.
Joe Biden approval rating was in the upper 30% last month.