Trump supporters behaving like the bags of ass that they are

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
This BS really displays how deep White Entitlement is. The Capital Police looked like concert security guards out there. They let these people inside the Capital and into offices? They dropped the ball by not coming down harsher when it happened and really need to make an example of them now.

“Black Twitter” and other mediums should really focus on and bring attention to the developments from this.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This BS really displays how deep White Entitlement is. The Capital Police looked like concert security guards out there. They let these people inside the Capital and into offices? They dropped the ball by not coming down harsher when it happened and really need to make an example of them now.

“Black Twitter” and other mediums should really focus on and bring attention to the developments from this.
And I’m glad it’s on display.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I got one question, OP...

What exactly are "Bags of ass"?

bushconfused.jpg

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why Are the Backstreet Boys Tweeting About QAnon?
By Justin Curto

Kevin Richardson, left, and Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys. Photo-Illustration: Vulture and Getty Images
Kevin Richardson and Brian Littrell have been Backstreet Boys bandmates for nearly three decades and cousins for even longer, but it looks like their bond is being tested. Richardson caught the attention of fans on January 13 when he tweeted an October Cosmopolitan essay headlined “I Lost a Friend to QAnon,” with the caption “Interesting read… ✌ ❤.” Richardson followed that tweet with another Cosmopolitan essay, from the day before, titled “The Unlikely Connection Between Wellness Influencers and the Pro-Trump Rioters,” which he called “Another interesting read… ✌ ❤.” While Richardson could’ve just been having a good time reading Cosmo, his tweets looked pretty pointed to fans who’d been following the Backstreet Boys recently. Just days before, on January 8, a Littrell tweet directed his fans to his account on Parler, the controversial app currently banned from the Apple and Google Play stores, and now offline after Amazon Web Services discontinued hosting it. Parler is a favorite platform of far-right figures, conspiracy theorists, and QAnon supporters, and has been taken off these platforms due to its lack of moderation and posts inciting violence.

Littrell’s tweet came the same night that President Donald Trump was banned from Twitter, “due to the risk of further incitement of violence.” Littrell has been a vocal supporter of the president for years, even telling TMZ that he wanted the Backstreet Boys to perform at Trump’s inauguration. (Littrell later said “it didn’t work out” with the rest of the band, citing their Las Vegas residency.) There’s no clear evidence that Littrell has fallen further into far-right conspiracies, but Richardson’s tweets could be directed at his bandmate and cousin. (For his part, Richardson also spent the day of the Capitol riot and the following day retweeting reports about the riot and statements denouncing the violence.) Meanwhile, AJ just celebrated his birthday and is repping the Biden-Harris administration, Nick is having a baby, and Howie is barely on social media at all these days. Not everybody’s playing games with our hearts.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
3c7ab98c7680e5d41f5e1cf84877bff398-13-jerry-riots.rsquare.w700.jpg

Posted Live From the Inferno
By Jerry Saltz
A pro-Trump mob invades the Capitol Building on January 6. Photo: Victor J. Blue/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Incredible pictures streamed out of Washington, D.C., on January 6. Staggering, depressing, laughably birdbrained images of self-styled revolutionaries, QAnon crackpots, Wall Street types in baseball caps and flak jackets, paranoids, cultists, grandmas, goons, Oath Keepers, burnouts, paintball guerrillas, conspiracy theorists, retirees, and stay-at-home alt-right dads armed with spears, guns, and tasers. Many of these were photographs taken of the mob by the mob. We saw videos made by news crews and rioters alike. All showed us an ocean of mostly white people in red hats surging up to and inside the U.S. Capitol Building, crashing through windows, beating (or taking selfies with) police, and calling for the deaths of members of the U.S. government.
After Trump finished his speech at his “Save America” rally last week, I turned off the TV. But the danger in the air made me turn it back on. I started scrolling through social media and right-wing sites, and the images flooded in. No one pictured attacking the Capitol appeared to have the slightest fear of repercussions. Some carried “This Is Our 1776” signs. I saw videos of people falling while trying to scale walls; some seemed to spray their own cohorts with mace, while others carrying “Don’t Tread on Me” flags were shoved down by compatriots with the same flag. It was like watching a dog eating its own feces, a clown act, and an actual insurrection all at once. Together, these images are some of the scariest and stupidest I have ever seen.

They’re also unsurprising in the extreme.
As an older person, I recognize in the pictures something that has been here my whole life, something familiar: a look in the mob’s faces that I saw on TV as I watched MLK march not far from my childhood home in the Chicago suburb of Cicero in 1966. Back then, I watched white Americans who looked just like my neighbors screaming, consumed, animalistic, archaic. I turned away from the TV and saw the same look on my stepmother’s face. My step-brothers said King should be shot. I later saw it firsthand in the summer of 1968, when I took the subway to protests in Chicago’s Grant Park. It was in the faces of the policemen and later in those of Chicago machine politicians. The pictures from the January 6 mob are not pictures of the underdog.
As an art critic, I take a step back to access the deeper contents of these strange images. In the pictures of that day, I see totemism, tribal warfare, incompetence, half-madness, vengeance, white privilege, rage, cruelty. These pictures are what would happen if Facebook became flesh. These are people all speaking at once to everyone else, all claiming that their facts are real and everyone else’s are fake. This gives the pictures a new kind of uncanniness — the group mind doing old things in new languages while sharing a single nervous system. As primary documents, they are intimate. Scrolling through, we storm the Capitol barricades with the red-hatted mob; we surge forward, make our way up and down stairwells, get lost. We hear the laughing, the chants of “Hang Mike Pence,” the members of the mob asking where the bathrooms are. On Parler and Newsmax, I watched invaders watching themselves on their own social-media platforms. The feedback loop was astonishing and insane, the moment transformed into a sort of collective far-right group portrait.
I also notice what we don’t see in them: Trump. He watched the riot unfold the same way the rest of us did, onscreen. These pictures show the crowd finally on its own, acting as one, with no constraints and almost no authority in sight.
What other images have ever looked this way? Fellini gave us crazed carnivals of decadence, ugliness, barbarism, and corpulence. I flash on history paintings of vast armies clashing; on January 6, the crowd donned vivid red, a deluded Trumpist army laying siege to a building, all while carrying flags and banners. Bosch pictured mindless insanity in hell: people endlessly spurting bats from their asses, being stabbed for all eternity, gripped, sickened souls. Here, I see a crowd of political cannibals, feeding on one another’s obsessions.
Follower of Hieronymus Bosch, Christ in Limbo, 1450–1516. Photo: Public Domain
I am reminded of three earlier photographs that stood in for an entire event or era and changed it: Nick Ut’s 1972 photograph of the naked 9-year-old Phan Thi Kim Phuc, screaming and running after she and her village in Vietnam were napalmed by American bombers; David Jackson’s 1955 image of the battered body of 14-year-old Emmett Till, murdered by white men; and John Filo’s 1970 image of 14-year-old Mary Ann Vecchio, screaming over the body of 20-year-old Jeffrey Miller after he was shot by the Ohio National Guard at Kent State.
The difference in these new pictures, however, is sadly telling. In fact, we are already seeing that exact perversion of the “meaning” of these images in the herculean effort being made by elected Republican representatives and all of right-wing media to twist these pictures into things that they are not: the regretful expression of only a few, an exercise in free speech. The rioters themselves seem to think that they are the burning girl, the murdered boy, the crying woman. These new pictures are unlike those older pictures in another way too: People are already shrugging them off. The older pictures still burn.
The riot at the Capitol wasn’t America’s first rendezvous with destiny in this century: The other, of course, was September 11, 2001. Both events gave us something tragic and unimagined, unfolding in the span of only a few hours and watched in real time around the world. But the images and events of January 6 are, once again, not the same.
The images of the fallen towers were abstract: Death was seen in the absence of bodies, the missing buildings. We saw only smoke, fire, ash, a ruined skyline. This abstraction made it possible for authorities to interpret those photos any way they wanted and then pin the blame elsewhere, starting what has now been nearly 20 years of war. The pictures from September 11 seemed to show annihilation, an invading force from outside — an archaic force slamming into modern politics. In these new pictures, that demonic force is us.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Meanwhile, Doubly-Impeached Trump Reportedly Gives Toby Keith, Ricky Skaggs Medals
By Chris Murphy@christress

2ba947bd982d8cc17f8d2d221845783c5c--22toby-keith-22.rsquare.w330.jpg

Toby Keith, finding out Trump got impeached while receiving his National Medal of Arts Photo: Getty Images

On Wednesday, January 13, Donald Trump made history becoming the first president to ever be impeached twice. Apparently, Trump celebrated the occasion by doling out the nation’s highest award for the arts, as one does. Per The Hill, while the House of Representatives voted on whether to impeach Trump for his role in inciting the violent attack on the Capitol, Trump was reportedly busy awarding the National Medal of Arts to country singer Toby Keith and blue-grass musician Ricky Skaggs.

Trump, who recently attempted to give Patriot’s coach Bill Belichik the Presidential Medal of Freedom and was soundly rejected, gave out the medals in “a closed press ceremony.” Those with good memories might recall that Keith was one of the few artists who agreed to perform at Trump’s inauguration four years ago.

Skaggs has made his support for the twice impeached president known, saying, “I believe Donald Trump is the right person in the right place, and that it’s prophetic,” in 2016. It’s unclear whether Skaggs saw Trump getting impeached twice coming.

Historically, the National Medal of Arts is awarded to artists “are deserving of special recognition by reason of their outstanding contributions to the excellence, growth, support and availability of the arts in the United States.” Whether receiving that honor from a President who has been impeached twice tarnishes that legacy is a question for the history books.