TV: Candace Cameron Bure Says Great American Family Will Not Feature Gay Couples, Focus on ‘Traditional Marriage’ Instead

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have no issue with what she said because at this point they are not even making LGBTQ characters that are even interesting, they are all nothing but shoehorns.

Also, she's been this way, since Full House. If you getting offended by anything Candace or her brother Kirk is saying, you must not have been paying attention for the past 30 years.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Lacey Chabert defends Hallmark after Candace Cameron Bure's comments about leadership change

"I'll never abandon what Hallmark means for me, which is that everything is centered around the heart."
By Jessica WangDecember 26, 2022 at 08:56 PM EST

Former fictional Toaster Strudel heiress turned Hallmark Channel queen Lacey Chabert has weighed in on Candace Cameron Bure's comments about the network.

Chabert, a fixture on the cable network who has starred in 20+ Hallmark films, defended the channel after Bure asserted that Hallmark — which in recent years has affirmed a commitment to diversity and inclusion in its programming, including LGTBQ+ stories — is "a completely different network than when I started" due to a change in leadership.

Chabert, who executive produces and develops titles in addition to her starring roles, told Vulture in a recent interview that she's "found a real home in Hallmark," noting that any shift she's felt amidst the change "has been embracing our creative ideas, and it's my responsibility to the audience who continue to tune into my movies that I give the best I have to offer."

"That's always my mission," she said. "I'll never abandon what Hallmark means for me, which is that everything is centered around the heart. I don't think there are any plans for that to change anytime soon." When asked about her thoughts on established Hallmark stars "defecting" to Great American Family, such as Bure — now a chief creative officer for the network — and Danica McKellar, Chabert simply wished them well.
"I wish everybody the best," she said. "I really can't comment on it further other than I care about everybody involved." As for whether the network has tried to "poach" her, Chabert remained diplomatic in her response. "I'm with Hallmark, and I work for them," the Mean Girls alum said. "I'm so sorry, but I'll just have to leave it at that."

Formerly a Hallmark staple herself before joining GAF, Bure courted controversy last month when she made comments about the leadership changes in an interview with Wall Street Journal; more specifically, her comments about the exclusion of LGBTQ+ films and keeping traditional marriages at the core of GAF programming drew backlash from fellow stars and viewers.

The entire ordeal prompted the Full House alum to clarify her stance in a statement. "I am a devoted Christian. Which means that I believe that every human being bears the image of God," Bure said. "Because of that, I am called to love all people, and I do. If you know me, you know that I am a person who loves fiercely and indiscriminately. My heart yearns to build bridges and bring people one step closer to God, to love others well, and to simply be a reflection of God's huge love for all of us."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Candace Cameron Bure addresses cancel culture after Great American Family controversy

"We are always stronger together."
By Jessica WangFebruary 12, 2023 at 01:24 PM EST

Cancel culture is "real" and "difficult," according to Candace Cameron Bure.
The Full House alum, who was recently appointed chief creative officer for cable network Great American Family, reflected on backlash she received over comments about keeping "traditional marriages at the core" of GAF programming in a new podcast interview last week, sharing that she has been navigating difficult times through her faith.
"Cancel culture is real and it is difficult," Bure told Unapologetic podcast host Julia Jeffress Sadler. "And it's hard, but listen — I just want to encourage you that you are not the only one and there are lots of us and we are always stronger together. And you have to find your community and know the word of God."
"I think my biggest encouragement is there's such a difference in the way when it's spoken," Bure continued. "When you're leading your own actions — you're not just talking the talk but have to walk the walk, and when the truth comes with love and kindness and respect, it goes a whole lot further."

Candace Cameron Bure

| CREDIT: ALBERTO E. RODRIGUEZ/GETTY
Bure, a former Hallmark staple, courted controversy last year when she said Christmas offerings at GAF would not feature LGBTQ couples. She also asserted that Hallmark — which in recent years has affirmed a commitment to diversity and inclusion in its programming — is now "a completely different network than when I started" due to leadership changes.
Bure said at the time, "My heart wants to tell stories that have more meaning and purpose and depth behind them. I knew that the people behind Great American Family were Christians that love the Lord and wanted to promote faith programming and good family entertainment."
The comments drew backlash from viewers and fellow stars who have appeared in Hallmark titles, including Hilarie Burton. GAF actor Neal Bledsoe departed the network following Bure's remarks, and Hallmark staples Lacey Chabert and Jonathan Bennett have voiced their support for Hallmark in response to Bure's comments about leadership changes.

The entire ordeal prompted Bure to clarify her stance and accuse the media of sowing division. "I am a devoted Christian. Which means that I believe that every human being bears the image of God," she said in a statement. "Because of that, I am called to love all people, and I do. If you know me, you know that I am a person who loves fiercely and indiscriminately."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hallmark rebooting Aurora Teagarden Mysteries without Candace Cameron Bure

The network has green-lit a prequel series starring Skyler Samuels as a post-college Aurora.
By Jessica WangMarch 09, 2023 at 03:15 PM EST

Aurora Teagarden is back on the case.
Hallmark will revive its popular mystery series Aurora Teagarden Mysteries, but without star Candace Cameron Bure, who was recently poached by Great American Family, EW has confirmed. The network has greenlit a prequel series centered on a young, post-college Aurora, who finds herself returning home to Lawrenceton.
Titled Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: Something New, the show stars Skyler Samuels (The Gabby Petito Story, The Gifted) in the title role opposite Evan Roderick (A Tale of Two Christmases, Autumn in the City), who will portray a young Arthur (played by Peter Benson in the original series). Marilu Henner will reprise her role as Teagarden matriarch Aida.

Skyler Samuels

| CREDIT: ROY ROCHLIN/WIREIMAGE
In the prequel, Aurora works as a teacher's assistant in a crime fiction class and waitresses at a local diner at night. There, she "shares her love of researching true crime with her friend Sally and police officer Arthur," the synopsis reads. "When Sally's fiancé doesn't show up at their wedding rehearsal, maid of honor Aurora gets Arthur to help her search for him."

A body is discovered, and everyone suspects it to be Sally's tardy groom. "But when it turns out to be someone else, Sally's fiancé becomes the main suspect," the synopsis concludes.
"Our viewers have been waiting for more adventures with Aurora and her friends. What better way to do that than to take them back to when the young, amateur sleuth was just coming into her own?" Emily Merlin, Hallmark's development manager of programming, said in a statement. "The Aurora Teagarden franchise is a fan favorite and we're excited to share this new chapter with viewers."

Candace Cameron Bure in 'Aurora Teagarden Mysteries'

| CREDIT: EVERETT COLLECTION
Bure headlined the original 2015 one-season series and film extensions that followed, including Real Murders: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: The Disappearing Game, and Aurora Teagarden Mysteries: An Inheritance to Die For, among others. The Full House actress and Hallmark staple made the move to GAF last spring, becoming the network's new chief creative officer and famously making headlines for her comments about keeping traditional marriages at the core of its programming as opposed to featuring LGBTQ+ stories.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Evangelicals are prolife, but don't care about healthcare for people. Evangelicals take from poor people to enrich themselves.
Believe me, I'm with you on that. I was referring specifically to her in regards to traditional marriage.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Believe me, I'm with you on that. I was referring specifically to her in regards to traditional marriage.
She's married to a dude. She is living her beliefs, which is exactly how beliefs should work, not forcing others to live the way she wants.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Like what?

Evangelicals are prolife, but don't care about healthcare for people. Evangelicals take from poor people to enrich themselves.
... and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. "Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He [Jesus] said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

— Matthew 22:35–40

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
... and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. "Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He [Jesus] said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. Love God above all else. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

— Matthew 22:35–40
Not even sure why I asked the question but I agree with the utter hypocrisy of these idiots.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster