TV News: DC Green Lantern Series ‘Lanterns’ Picked Up as HBO Series for Eight Episodes Update: Kyle Chandler is Hal Jordan

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Aaron Pierre is officially joining the Green Lantern series at HBO, Variety has learned.

Pierre will star as John Stewart in the series, which is titled “Lanterns.” It was previously reported that Kyle Chandler was in talks for the role of Hal Jordan. According to sources, a number of actors were considered for the role of Stewart, including Stephan James and Damson Idris.

The show is produced by HBO in association with Warner Bros. Television and DC Studios and is based on DC’s “Green Lantern” comics.

The show was picked up for eight episodes at HBO in June. Originally intended as a Max original, the show shifted to HBO as part of a new content delineation plan.

Knew it.

I'm good with this.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Aaron Pierre is officially joining the Green Lantern series at HBO, Variety has learned.

Pierre will star as John Stewart in the series, which is titled “Lanterns.” It was previously reported that Kyle Chandler was in talks for the role of Hal Jordan. According to sources, a number of actors were considered for the role of Stewart, including Stephan James and Damson Idris.

The show is produced by HBO in association with Warner Bros. Television and DC Studios and is based on DC’s “Green Lantern” comics.

The show was picked up for eight episodes at HBO in June. Originally intended as a Max original, the show shifted to HBO as part of a new content delineation plan.

Knew it.

I'm good with this.
For John stewart?

I am a BIG FAN of LaKeith but I don't know it would DEFINETLY be a DIFFERNT version of John Stewart than we are used to. Which is NOT a bad thing.

I guess JD is good but I'm not sure about his height.

If it can be ANYONE? forget where they from?

if its UK? Let it be Aaron Pierre or Sope Dirisu

or David Ramsey

or Henry Simmons

or of course Aldis Hodge

^^^^^