TV News (Reboot Revivials): John Larroquette to lead Night Court sequel for NBC UPDATE: Richard Moll DEAD 10/27

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Okay

That was a tough watch but it could work with time and better direction and writing

John ain't lost one f*cking step

Genius

The lead is good reminds me of Harry she just needs to get comfortable

Need more callbacks.

Uneven as f*ck

But it CAN WORK

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay

That was a tough watch but it could work with time and better direction and writing

John ain't lost one f*cking step

Genius

The lead is good reminds me of Harry she just needs to get comfortable

Need more callbacks.

Uneven as f*ck

But it CAN WORK
I agree no snaps in the theme was a bad call...

The premise is the premise and so is the style..that said.. I disagree that it needs more call backs...it needs LESS.. the daughter was referencing the details of things she couldn't have possibly known. Like the armadillo or what Dan said to Harry his first night??

As beloved as night court was... it was an 80s show... thats 40 YEARS AGO.

Imagine if night court was originally done in the 40s and rebooted in the 80s and the kept making references and callbacks the 40s show...would you (80s kid) be interested in that??

Hey let's reboot the honeymooners and have Ralph and Alice's daughter and husband move into the apt her parents had. And keep making references to that era!!

Night court is night court...the positions are same but show needs to find its own groove. Honestly..an OFFICE type treatment would probably suit it better....MAYBE??

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I agree no snaps in the theme was a bad call...

The premise is the premise and so is the style..that said.. I disagree that it needs more call backs...it needs LESS.. the daughter was referencing the details of things she couldn't have possibly known. Like the armadillo or what Dan said to Harry his first night??

As beloved as night court was... it was an 80s show... thats 40 YEARS AGO.

Imagine if night court was originally done in the 40s and rebooted in the 80s and the kept making references and callbacks the 40s show...would you (80s kid) be interested in that??

Hey let's reboot the honeymooners and have Ralph and Alice's daughter and husband move into the apt her parents had. And keep making references to that era!!

Night court is night court...the positions are same but show needs to find its own groove. Honestly..an OFFICE type treatment would probably suit it better....MAYBE??

Nah fam. It's not that the same.

You moving the goal posts this isn't the first reboot of its kind 70s show saved by the bell full house etc etc etc...

We seen it done with call backs galore.

The call backs were needed because who you MAKING THIS FOR? Who is your audience? You making it for the fans FIRST.

And don't add real time to this.

ALL these reboots remakes refresh ain't linear or make sense time wise. That actress don't even look the right age.

The call backs I'm talking about is more about feel rythmn and homages.

Honoring the cast members who passed.

The snaps in the theme song.

Old cases and supporting characters.

The absurdity.

The LITTLE things are important

The issue with this is much more structural.

There was a clunky awkward timing issue.

Writing was WTF. Why make all the people Dan helped stand in the courtroom hallway with a very lame lazy non pay off?

It was uneven. But when it worked? It worked.

And a REAL honeymooners reboot would be a really really dope concept. Better than the last one. I got idea for that too.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
That and this..BTW this show also needs time to stand on its own,seen the first two episodes

Another thing I only saw the commercials and the only original cast member is Dan. Tell me at least bull is also there or at least makes a guest appearances. Night court was one of my favorite sitcoms growing up I think I'll catch a few episodes on a cam.skte of watch some YouTube clips

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Another thing I only saw the commercials and the only original cast member is Dan. Tell me at least bull is also there or at least makes a guest appearances. Night court was one of my favorite sitcoms growing up I think I'll catch a few episodes on a cam.skte of watch some YouTube clips

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Probably not on Richard Moll, he's allegedly has already said no. I think it's because he's likely has retired and not the various conspiracy theories on the internet. He didn't give up on Hollywood, dude had a steady amount of acting jobs since Night Court up until 2018, and the idea that he can't stand John also seems petty to hold on to for 30 years. He's 80 and probably isn't down with shaving his head again for an appearance.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Guess this rules out Bull appearing..

NBC announced a remake of Night Court, premiering in 2023; however, Moll will not reprise his role of Bull.

Instead, the actor told TMZ, “I would run in the other direction,” and continued by saying, “I love show business. It is the people I can’t stand,” regarding whether he would appear in a Night Court reunion.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Guess this rules out Bull appearing..

NBC announced a remake of Night Court, premiering in 2023; however, Moll will not reprise his role of Bull.

Instead, the actor told TMZ, “I would run in the other direction,” and continued by saying, “I love show business. It is the people I can’t stand,” regarding whether he would appear in a Night Court reunion.

Damn Bull

But I respect it

Sidebar I wouldn't have said it like that cause it could easily be twisted into he didn't like his co stars

Unless that is exactly what he meant

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
nightcourtreboot.jpg

The show looks silly as fuck :smh:

yep...lets see what they'll probably d in the current woke era:
the lady on the left will be a female dan fielding
one if not both the black chick and indian dude will be LGBTQ

the only two that will be semi ok is dan and the judge
she kinda resembles harry... but that's not enough for me to watch this

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I had a bad feeling this was gonna happen. I really wish he could have made peace with the show and appeared with the remaining living cast

Rest In Peace