TV News: Uh Oh, former Employees claim The Ellen Degeneres Show is a TOXIC work environment UPDATE: SHOW IS OVER

king reckless

Rising Star
Registered
The system targeted her ass after she found success in her talk show. Change of the guard. Consider this: no other talk show went through garbage? Joan Rivers held down the Merv Griffin show before Arsenio clutched it. No issues with that broad?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Oprah says she's proud of Ellen for trusting her instinct: 'Only you know when it is time'

One former daytime queen gives her blessing to the current ruler's decision to call it quits.
By Jolie Lash
May 13, 2021 at 04:58 PM EDT

When the reigning queen of daytime talk, Ellen DeGeneres, decided to bring her show to an end, she had one guest in mind for the first episode following her announcement: another former daytime ruler, Oprah Winfrey.

On Thursday's installment of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Winfrey appeared virtually and praised DeGeneres for knowing it was time to call it a day on the long-running production, which is set to conclude with its upcoming 19th season. Winfrey also reflected on the end of her own eponymous program, The Oprah Winfrey Show, in 2011.

"It's almost 10 years ago — will be next week — 10 years ago when I was in this exact position," Winfrey said. "I know what those feelings are. I also know the feelings leading up to it. So hearing you say, and announcing to the world that it was your instinct, and that you thought long and hard about it — because anybody would know that for something that is as powerful as the show is in other people's lives, that you would not take that lightly. And that coming to the realization that, 'Now it is time,' is a process."

DeGeneres said her decision was influenced by her need as a creative person to "be challenged." While in support of her fellow Montecito, Calif., resident and TV groundbreaker, Winfrey said she would have probably ended the show on a nice round number like 20 seasons.

"I'm proud of you for trusting your instinct because I know that there has to be — as there was in the case for me — a lot of people around you that want to keep that train moving, who want to keep going. And then only you know, only you know when it is time. So… I don't argue… with the 19 [seasons], even though I probably would have gone to 20 because I'm just that like, 'Oh, I've got to go to 20,'" Winfrey said with a laugh. "But I remember when I had [Jerry] Seinfeld on after he ended his show and I said, 'Nine? You quit in nine? Why not 10?' And he said, 'Because I was ready, and nine.' So I applaud 19."

During the interview, Winfrey discussed what prompted her own decision to wrap Oprah after 25 years on the air.

"When I started to feel like it's time for me to end this, like I was doing a makeover show," she recalled. "We did a lot of makeovers over the years, and I just thought, 'There's not another way I can ask somebody, What mascara are you wearing? There's not another way that I can say, What color is that eyeshadow you're using?' There wasn't another way I could do that and be honest, and authentic with myself. And so I thought, 'Yeah… time to start thinking about moving in another direction.'"

DeGeneres said that while next season will be her last, she will continue her involvement in the digital space.

"We still have the digital," she said. "I mean, you know, EllenTube is huge and we have original shows. That's going to continue, our social media is going to continue… I still am going to be, you know, very much involved with digital."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kelly Clarkson Is Taking Over That Mean Lady’s Daytime Slot

d6ea3e359f9613dd5d47d78bbe24e2241a-kelly-clarkson.rsquare.w330.jpg

By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax
Photo: Trae Patton/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Justice is served, and with a few extra chords of Kellyoke to boot. Kelly Clarkson will be taking over Ellen DeGeneres’s daytime Ellen time slot upon the host’s retirement in 2022. THR reports that the change will become effective in the fall, with NBC setting up The Kelly Clarkson Show to become the network’s “headliner” daytime program across the country, as if we didn’t think so already. “By 2022, The Kelly Clarkson Show will be the star of our daytime entertainment schedules and an asset to our early afternoon newscasts,” a spokesperson told THR, adding that there are “big plans” for the show as it continues into future seasons. Between her own talk show and judging on The Voice, Clarkson has become a prominent NBC personality in recent years, and has become reliable for generating fun and viral moments as a host. Here’s hoping that she doesn’t lose 1 million viewers in six months! Ha, who are we kidding. Of course she won’t. She’s wonderful.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ellen's Game of Games canceled after four seasons

The most recent — and now final — season of Ellen DeGeneres' prime-time game show finished airing in May.
By Lester Fabian BrathwaiteJanuary 18, 2022 at 08:26 PM EST

Ellen DeGeneres is about to have some more free time on her hands.

The comedian announced in May that she was ending her eponymous talk show after 19 seasons, and now it looks like her prime-time game show has run its course as well. Deadline Hollywood reported Tuesday that Ellen's Game of Games has been canceled after four seasons, and a source familiar with the situation confirmed to EW that the show is not currently scheduled to be back.

Premiering in 2017 on NBC, Game of Games featured "supersized versions" of popular games from The Ellen DeGeneres Show as well as games designed particularly for prime time. DeGeneres served as host and executive producer.

CREDIT: MIKE ROZMAN/WARNER BROTHERS/NBC

Ellen's Game of Games initially posted strong ratings, becoming the No. 1 game show in prime time in 2019, with DeGeneres scoring Emmy nominations for her hosting duties in 2018 and 2019. The fourth season premiered in October 2020 and ran through May 2021, during which its numbers took a dive, thanks in part to a move to Sunday nights.

DeGeneres' brand also lost some of its luster in 2020 when she was accused fostering a toxic work environment on her long-running talk show. In the wake of the controversy, the show lost 1 million viewers.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

Ellen's Game of Games canceled after four seasons

The most recent — and now final — season of Ellen DeGeneres' prime-time game show finished airing in May.
By Lester Fabian BrathwaiteJanuary 18, 2022 at 08:26 PM EST

Ellen DeGeneres is about to have some more free time on her hands.

The comedian announced in May that she was ending her eponymous talk show after 19 seasons, and now it looks like her prime-time game show has run its course as well. Deadline Hollywood reported Tuesday that Ellen's Game of Games has been canceled after four seasons, and a source familiar with the situation confirmed to EW that the show is not currently scheduled to be back.

Premiering in 2017 on NBC, Game of Games featured "supersized versions" of popular games from The Ellen DeGeneres Show as well as games designed particularly for prime time. DeGeneres served as host and executive producer.

CREDIT: MIKE ROZMAN/WARNER BROTHERS/NBC

Ellen's Game of Games initially posted strong ratings, becoming the No. 1 game show in prime time in 2019, with DeGeneres scoring Emmy nominations for her hosting duties in 2018 and 2019. The fourth season premiered in October 2020 and ran through May 2021, during which its numbers took a dive, thanks in part to a move to Sunday nights.

DeGeneres' brand also lost some of its luster in 2020 when she was accused fostering a toxic work environment on her long-running talk show. In the wake of the controversy, the show lost 1 million viewers.
Shes a rich lady in her 60s. What else does she have to prove?

Shes been working hard for 21 years straight.

Gone take some time off and enjoy yourself.

dade305

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shes a rich lady in her 60s. What else does she have to prove?

Shes been working hard for 21 years straight.

Gone take some time off and enjoy yourself.
This!!!
People who are accomplished and are at retirement age don't know how to move out the way and let the next up get their fair share.

This is why this country is somewhat in the predicament it's in.

When the old heads spark die out there is no one to fill their spot because they did not allow for someone to get groomed for it.