TV News: Zendaya Coleman Explains Why She Quit Lifetime’s Aaliyah Movie

tre2k4

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Im sure with a little make up she can pull it off. You cant say she doesnt have a striking resemblance

They dont have to be twins.
BdCajmLCUAArSnN.jpg:large
aa-movie.jpg

Last edited:

prolific1

Star
Registered
She's gonna be alright. I was shocked she was doing some Lifetime shit anyway. And why the hell is Wendy Williams exec producing it? This film is doomed before it even gets out there.

And Aaliyah had talent. Compare her to no damn Rihanna. Aaliyah could dance better than any of these chics out here. Her vocals weren't GREAT but they were dope on some records.

BGOL is the only place I see that be straight knockin Aaliyah. :lol: I never hear that anywhere else. BGOL has taught me that she was a hoe and she's talentless. :lol: I can't speak on the former but Aaliyah wasn't talentless.

Just because she's dead doesn't mean she was the better than all the current artist. She was just a pretty face with sex appeal. She had no body and boring dance moves. Don't get me wrong I liked Aaliyah a lot. I just hate when folks get that boss status just because they're dead..Fuck that.

And fuck Rhianna..Dead or alive :lol:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
dude said: I hope they sue the fuck out of you sir.

:lol::lol::lol:

Aaliyah Biopic Earns 3.2 Million Viewers, Wendy Williams Speaks Out

Love it or hate it, Lifetime’s Aaliyah biopic has successfully grabbed the attention of audiences across the nation. According to Deadline.com, Aaliyah: Princess of R&B drew over 3.2 million viewers on the night it premiered.

While the Internet has been buzzing with disdain for the unauthorized biopic, executive producer Wendy Williams has stood by the project and is proud of its success.

“I see my Aaliyah movie broke the Internet this weekend,” she said on her talk show this morning. “Everybody’s got an opinion. Whether you loved it or hated it, you watched it. It was the second highest rated movie on cable this year.”

Radio host Charlamagne Tha God, who used to work with Williams during her radio days, doesn’t think there’s anything to be proud of. On his radio show this morning, he expressed his disappointment in the biopic in a way only he could.

“The Aaliyah movie was dead serious. I felt like I was being catfished and they were going to play the real movie around 11. But no. That was it,” he said on his morning show. “Someone needs to get stabbed in the head and choked out with a dog chain.”

He was particularly infuriated with his former radio co-host for signing off on the movie.

“The streets want to know: Why would Wendy attach herself to this wack a-- movie especially when the family and all of Aaliyah’s real team was against it?” Charlamagne asked. “Out of all the producers of this film, we’d expect Wendy Williams to stand up and say ‘This is some BS’ but clearly nothing was said because this garbage was still released to the general public.”

“I believe everyone involved in the making of this film should be suspended from filmmaking indefinitely,” he went on to say. “You clearly didn’t even care about the legacy of Aaliyah and it shows because y’all didn’t even care enough to make a good film.”

http://theybf.com/2014/11/17/more-b...liyah-biopic-charlamagne-tha-god-shades-wendy

WOW

I couldnt make it past five minutes...

The casting was WAY off

Not even the lead but everyone else was off

The star search scene was cringe worthy

The script

The editing choices

The dialogue was stiff and shitty

The 2 angle shots were amateur

I dunno what the fuck they were doing, I was doing shit like that in high school.

Seriously.

Everybody involved with the little bit I seen need to go the fuck away for awhile and re-evaluate their career choices.

Fuck lifetime

That kid Zendaya must have a good agent and good people looking out for her cuz now the kid looks like a genius.

:smh:

oNE

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WOW

The casting was WAY off

The script

The editing choices

I dunno what the fuck they were doing, I was doing shit like that in high school.

Seriously.

Everybody involved with the little bit I seen need to go the fuck away for awhile and re-evaluate their career choices.

Fuck lifetime

That kid Zendaya must have a good agent and good people looking out for her cuz now the kid looks like a genius.

oNE

man her agent had to know what the deal was!!!! They was not letting her put that blemish on her resume

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know lowkey she at the crib actually thinking to herself she was glad she listened to the "haters" they probably saved her career

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
WOW

The casting was WAY off

The script

The editing choices

Seriously.

Fuck lifetime

oNE

nah they nailed the star search segment....it was the only thing they got right

go on youtube and google aaliyah star search and then watch the little girls rendition of it....the lil girl nailed it and was the best actor out of everyone in that bs

i agree with everything else you said tho

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

She has been nominated for one of the night's top honors.

And Zendaya was a vision of girl power as she attended the 2020 Critics' Choice Awards in Santa Monica on Sunday.

The Euphoria actress, 23, flashed her fabulous torso in a fuchsia Tom Ford breastplate with matching maxi skirt.

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
Registered
Wendy Williams is on this project, so like they say on Shark Tank. “And for that reason, I’m out.”

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Hope she gets another Emmy nomination / win for her work in season 2. Especially from episode 5 - "Stand Still like The Hummingbird"

Credit to Nika King and Storm Reid as co-stars in the scene too.