UFC

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Side note ... one of my fave fights of all-time is Tony Ferguson vs. Edson Barboza.

Call that one up on Youtube for those who haven't seen it, or want something fun to watch.

Great scrap.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This Ferguson fight :smh:

Shows how farChiesa's skills have fallen to even take this fight.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
What does Tony have left in the tank though?
Sadly Nothing
It's a good thing he didn't fight Khabib let's be honest

Totally agree.

His style is so funky and unorthodox, and he accumulates so much damage. Khabib was a technician in there - dominant.

And we've seen the damage guys like Gaethje (TKO) and Chandler (headkick KO) have doled out to Tony in the years since.
Idk, it's easy to say this now but I'm not convinced he wouldn't have had a real chance in there before the mental breakdown and subsequent loses. He had a great ground game, insane strikes from bottom, slick BJJ and crazy powerful unorthodox boxing. It would have been one for the ages and unfortunately we'll never know for sure.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Idk, it's easy to say this now but I'm not convinced he wouldn't have had a real chance in there before the mental breakdown and subsequent loses. He had a great ground game, insane strikes from bottom, slick BJJ and crazy powerful unorthodox boxing. It would have been one for the ages and unfortunately we'll never know for sure.

Agreed - and similar to a guy like Marlon Vera ... Tony has always been durable / tough as nails.

He would have weathered Khabib's offence and gotten his own strikes in too. Enough of a wildman to stay in there.

It was one of MMA's great "what ifs" ... damn near everyone wanted to see it and the fight fell through something like 4 - 5 times.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Agreed - and similar to a guy like Marlon Vera ... Tony has always been durable / tough as nails.

He would have weathered Khabib's offence and gotten his own strikes in too. Enough of a wildman to stay in there.

It was one of MMA's great "what ifs" ... damn near everyone wanted to see it and the fight fell through something like 4 - 5 times.
One of the most cursed fights in history, the last cancellation damn near made me cry lol it was brutal. Especially the fact that the let Tony go so long without a title shot in the first place all while Conor played double champ while never defending a single belt, another reason I will always hate Dana White.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
One of the most cursed fights in history, the last cancellation damn near made me cry lol it was brutal. Especially the fact that the let Tony go so long without a title shot in the first place all while Conor played double champ while never defending a single belt, another reason I will always hate Dana White.

Exactly. Tony was basically Belal Muhammad with the big win streak.

As for the last cancellation ... was that the one (or the one after) Tony tripped in the studio on the television cables and tore his ACL, etc?

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
He was fighting like he was stoned, he's been hanging out too much with Action Bronson.
He did the same against Sean, talked shit for like 5 years after that fluke win and then stated at Sean while he lit him up like a Christmas tree. He's an embarrassment to Latino fighters.(Ecuadorians ain't about that life anyway)