Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
I remember here in NYC there was constant talk of ranked choice and guess what.....progressives still didn't get their person. Cause once again progressives are a small minority of people that don't know how to work with others. In fact they're worse than that, their attitude is so bad that the few people that might give them the time of day are turned off by their shitty behavior.

Hell we've seen this TWICE with Bernie Sanders fans. They didn't align with Black voters and then when they NEEDED Warren voters they had pissed them off so much any chance of an alliance went right out the window.

Basically if a progressive gives you a political blueprint do the opposite and you'll probably win.

You need to re-read the post. I never claimed progressives would win more elections under ranked-choice voting. I said Jill Stein would get double-digits. Y’all keep responding to shit I’m not saying. :smh:

And you’re just lying about how Sanders supporters ultimately voted. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
You need to re-read the post. I never claimed progressives would win more elections under ranked-choice voting. I said Jill Stein would get double-digits. Y’all keep responding to shit I’m not saying. :smh:

And you’re just lying about how Sanders supporters ultimately voted. :smh: :smh: :smh:

You forgetting how Sanders fans were acting in 2016 and 2020. You're forgetting how Sanders begging Warren for an endorsement and she said no cause of his fan's behavior.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
If we had ranked choice voting, Jill Stein would get double digits and nearly all of her votes would go to Kamala.

Right now more leftists are voting for Harris than not.

The problem with silly centrists is they would rather rely on drawing votes from THE ENEMY and think months of focusing on pleasing them is a smart strategy. Then they get mad at people they claim to largely agree with for not liking right-wing things Democrats do.

If Kamala loses it will be (beyond the fact that this is a dumb racist country) because she failed to communicate a popular vision and because she chose to run as a valuesless centrist Biden clone.
this isn't my convo but if you'd indulge me, what do you think she hasn't said that she needs to be saying? serious question because y'all been at it for pages and I haven't read it all if you said it already.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
So the biggest issue with leftists is that they think they know better than everyone else so they can't even accept the concept of working with other groups to form a coalition. So cause of that their favorite candidates never win elections cause there's not enough of them to move the needle. Couple that with the fact that the far left is more concerned with candidates that are perfect instead of ones that appeal to enough people to WIN.
Leftist wedding vow: You're a bitch and a cunt. I wish to God I had another choice, but since I don't, I guess I'll marry you.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Jerome Bettis has released a statement prior to the Jets-Steelers game endorsing Kamala Harris: “I know this city and I love this city – we work hard to make things happen. No hot air. No bull. This is what defines the Steel City – and it’s the opposite of what Donald Trump stands for. Donald Trump has made promise after promise to the city of Pittsburgh, and time after time, he’s failed to deliver.”

More Jerome Bettis: “And it’s time for us to elect a leader who’s gonna fight for us. Someone who’s gonna roll up their sleeves and get the job done. Not just complain about it at a half-empty venue. There’s only one person in this race who fits that bill: Vice President Kamala Harris.”

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn’t Franco Harris pass away?

Yeah he did...His family is supporting VP Harris

Full statement from Franco Harris family supporting Kamala Harris: “Hard work and integrity are the bedrock of Western Pennsylvania and are values my father instilled in me. He taught me that true greatness is achieved by being a part of a team and that leadership is defined by the actions taken to help the whole team succeed. He would be greatly honored to endorse Vice President Kamala Harris because she shares this belief. She champions ideals my father stood for improving education, building good jobs, supporting labor unions, and making sure everyone gets a fair shake.”

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DAMN

AN INHUMANE AMERICA—NOT THE FUTURE WE SHOULD WANT!

This one hit hard! I saw this interview a couple of days ago, with a father and son once ripped apart under Trump’s family separation policy and can’t stop thinking about it.

Watch—then think about what’s on the horizon if Trump and Vance are elected.

It won’t just be at the border. Trump’s new promise of immigrant detention camps means it will happen on a much larger scale—in the interior.

There are millions of mixed status families that could be broken up. Neighbors, coworkers, friends will be taken away.