Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah, that shows how long Republicans have had these ideas. :rolleyes2:

Democrats are pro-choice for all women. They don't single out Black women and you know that.
True. Democrats love abortions. They just love it a lot more for Black women. If they actually cared about Black people they might try to find out why we are killing our babies at a rate higher than any other minority in the country.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it would be fair to say that if you used your (I’ll be polite and say) unorthodox mind to also be critical of the Conservative Party, it would be fun hearing some of your perspectives.

…assuming you are one person and not a team of people who are on shift.
If anyone is a “team of people who are on a shift” it would be the OP, @DNC_Dunce who is posting links from Twitter like he is part of their promotion team.

Posting links from the platform owned by the same person most on BGOL cannot stand, including the OP. It just goes to show how mentally ill the super liberals / pro-whites are.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor

True. Democrats love abortions. They just love it a lot more for Black women. If they actually cared about Black people they might try to find out why we are killing our babies at a rate higher than any other minority in the country.

Are the Republicans trying to figure that out or are they just trying to end abortion because they hate to see white women using it? That's a rhetorical question because the answer is obvious.

It's sad if any woman chooses to end a pregnancy she wanted to keep for financial reasons but ending abortion isn't going to solve that problem. In fact, these problems get worse under Republicans because poor people do worse when they're in power.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Are the Republicans trying to figure that out or are they just trying to end abortion because they hate to see white women using it? That's a rhetorical question because the answer is obvious.

It's sad if any woman chooses to end a pregnancy she wanted to keep for financial reasons but ending abortion isn't going to solve that problem. In fact, these problems get worse under Republicans because poor people do worse when they're in power.
Obviously Republicans are anti-abortion because they care about the black community duh!

notreally

Rising Star
Registered

You are casting pearls to swine.

Not to sully the good name of swine.

The real reason abortion has been made an issue AGAIN is due to the fact that republicans incorporated the religious right into their party. The price? Putting abortion at the forefront.

It is very similar to what "progressives" have done to the Democratic Party. They are simply not as extreme, and have butted heads, so to speak, with the centrality of those who VOTE Democratic.

Progressives have proven divisive; the core of the Democratic faithful are often Black. Black people are generally conservative when it comes to social issues. THIS is why there is a rift.

This is how tRump ultimately got elected in 2016.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He is dangerous.

Stupid? No.

They laughed at Hitler. Called him a clown.

6 million jews would likely beg to differ. If they could.

^^^^ He's right you know bars

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
You are casting pearls to swine.

Not to sully the good name of swine.

The real reason abortion has been made an issue AGAIN is due to the fact that republicans incorporated the religious right into their party. The price? Putting abortion at the forefront.

It is very similar to what "progressives" have done to the Democratic Party. They are simply not as extreme, and have butted heads, so to speak, with the centrality of those who VOTE Democratic.

Progressives have proven divisive; the core of the Democratic faithful are often Black. Black people are generally conservative when it comes to social issues. THIS is why there is a rift.

This is how tRump ultimately got elected in 2016.
I agree with all of this but I think there is something else there with regards to abortion and the Black community that you didn't address.

To your point, Black people are generally socially conservative. So, I don't expect as much support, for instance, for LGBT issues in the Black community. Black people, unlike white evangelicals, also tend to stay out of other people's business so that's a another dynamic.

And the emphasis on "socially" was done on purpose because Black people tend to be more economically liberal than whites and generally don't support stuff like tax cuts for the rich and anti-unionism.

But abortion is different than just the conservatism of the Black community. There's a belief, that was expressed on this thread, that Democrats only want Black women to use abortion as a means of race extinction.

This is an unfounded conspiracy theory but the belief in it is much bigger than just the traditional conservatism and religiosity of Black people. To be against abortion for general moral reasons is one thing but to believe it only exists as means of ethnic cleansing, to eradicate Black people, is something else entirely.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Black women are the ones that are killing their babies the most. Wouldn't the "racist republicans" be advocating for abortion since they hate Black people so much? Yeah, poor people have done really great under Biden/Harris, right?

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
I agree with all of this but I think there is something else there with regards to abortion and the Black community that you didn't address.

To your point, Black people are generally socially conservative. So, I don't expect as much support, for instance, for LGBT issues in the Black community. Black people, unlike white evangelicals, also tend to stay out of other people's business so that's a another dynamic.

And the emphasis on "socially" was done on purpose because Black people tend to be more economically liberal than whites and generally don't support stuff like tax cuts for the rich and anti-unionism.

But abortion is different than just the conservatism of the Black community. There's a belief, that was expressed on this thread, that Democrats only want Black women to use abortion as a means of race extinction.

This is an unfounded conspiracy theory but the belief in it is much bigger than just the traditional conservatism and religiosity of Black people. To be against abortion for general moral reasons is one thing but to believe it only exists as means of ethnic cleansing, to eradicate Black people, is something else entirely.

Agreed...but one would have to be dumb as a sack of rocks to believe that.

Then again...we are the nation that bought pet rocks...

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Black women are the ones that are killing their babies the most. Wouldn't the "racist republicans" be advocating for abortion since they hate Black people so much? Yeah, poor people have done really great under Biden/Harris, right?
I already posted a link that showed that Republicans wanted Black women to use abortion because they believe it will lower crime. You scoffed because it was a 19-year-old article as if their opinions have changed.

They can't make abortion illegal for white women but legal for Black women. That wouldn't fly. Their only choice is to end it completely to stop white women from using it. This isn't rocket science. Furthermore, they're courting the religious right who are against all abortion so they can't "advocate" for abortion or they'll lose that religious support.

Piff Henderson

BGOL Investor
Agreed...but one would have to be dumb as a sack of rocks to believe that.

Then again...we are the nation that bought pet rocks...
I mean it's not exactly a fringe opinion. Even the mainstream Republican Party and anti-abortion advocates have picked up on it.

I've literally seen ads on YouTube videos that had nothing to do with abortion saying this very thing.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Darrkman & @DC_Dude I would love to read health stories about what you’ve heard or experienced.

My family successfully did IVF and I think of it as both a gift and curse. Great when it works but scary of the heartbreak if it doesn’t.
Man I could write a book about this. I’ve seen men as old as 80 get a woman pregnant and I’ve seen couples as young as in their 20s get pregnant.

I’ve seen HIV positive patients have kids (there are drugs that will prevent the baby from getting it).

A lot of success stories though.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks for this clip. I was listening to this on my morning drive and the ignorance was wild. A lot of the comments and not support really did boil down to Kamala being a woman. So many of the folks that I heard kept saying she isn’t strong, doesn’t have education, no experience, can’t stand up to Putin. It made me wonder if they paid any attention to Trump at all.
Just say that up front and save us a lot of time. Like the other day he called her a "shit viçe president" then when he loses there will be people coming out saying that he called her the n-word in private :hmm:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep and the hood niggas and people who don't follow politics will see this and think its so cool and funny say they will vote Trump.
There was a black dude chirping in our black men's podcast, saying we were lying about stuff, and when I was asking for details, he did the normal Trump deflecting. Just got word yesterday that the head of our podcast invited that guy on to do an Instagram live discussion. I'm going to destroy this mother fucker on that live, because Trumpers only have a handful of misinformed talking points. I just have to control myself and not call dude any black slurs. If you're available, I hope yall can tune in.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I already posted a link that showed that Republicans wanted Black women to use abortion because they believe it will lower crime. You scoffed because it was a 19-year-old article as if their opinions have changed.

They can't make abortion illegal for white women but legal for Black women. That wouldn't fly. Their only choice is to end it completely to stop white women from using it. This isn't rocket science. Furthermore, they're courting the religious right who are against all abortion so they can't "advocate" for abortion or they'll lose that religious support.
Your 19 year old article references one person making a comment and that's supposed to be "republicans." The democrats are godless anyway so killing babies fits right into their agenda.