Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted for Biden to keep his promise of stepping down after one term and having allowed the Democrats to run a legit primary so the country could find/get excited about/fundraise a Democratic campaign. Instead voters will likely have Kamala shoved down our throats who feels like we've barely seen her and lose the election...bigly.
Now I won't label these images as 'accomplishments' but she has been working and at least learning the job of President since she has access.

GS-D2FBXUAAwNWp
GS-D2FBWgAAspI9

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gavin is the only candidate that stands a chance, trump will still likely avoid debating him at all, call him illegitimate, shit talk California and beat him in the end. Kamala Will get the actual nomination and lose in one of the all time landslides in us politics.
Oh she will lose most of the states.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
As I stated in another thread..

OK, I wanted him to stay in so Kamala could take over next year but it is what it is at this point. I did not have a problem with Joe Biden. I thought he was a good person, especially with black women. Now, DNC and the Democratic donors need to put Kamala Harris upfront or Michelle Obama those are the only two acceptable candidates right now. I am going to still vote for a Democrat because Republicans are really crazy, but it may be harder for me to convince other people to do it. They will sit home if they put the wrong people on the ticket. Democrats do not whitewash this ticket.
Yall need to stop with the Michelle Obama talk

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
The writing was on the wall once major donors threatened/stopped giving money. And Pelosi was really pushing him to step aside. Plus rumors of Obama being on board for a change. Add in majority of polls saying Biden was struggling in swing states. I know polls are not always absolute, but they are good indicators. The data just wasn't in favor of Biden.

BIG question is what is plan B? I think Harris has can get it done. But she is polarizing for a lot of people.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
As I stated in another thread..

OK, I wanted him to stay in so Kamala could take over next year but it is what it is at this point. I did not have a problem with Joe Biden. I thought he was a good person, especially with black women. Now, DNC and the Democratic donors need to put Kamala Harris upfront or Michelle Obama those are the only two acceptable candidates right now. I am going to still vote for a Democrat because Republicans are really crazy, but it may be harder for me to convince other people to do it. They will sit home if they put the wrong people on the ticket. Democrats do not whitewash this ticket.
Michelle Obama doesn't want that job. And Kamala Harris should have used VP to audition for it and thanks to the administration she didn't. The same people who had problems with her in 2020 still do and whatever issues she had then she still has now. Sounds like being acceptable means having name recognition. Whoever gets it has months to do every interview and campaign rally possible to make themselves and their vision known so they may as well pick the best candidate and not simply the most recognizable candidate.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No, I actually would like to have Kamala Harris Democrats do not need to whitewash this ticket or a lot of Black people will sit home. Trump is not stable as you seen with the speech she gave the other night Even some of his own Republicans said that
The difference is the Republicans will still rally behind Trump. The fact that he's a felon and tried to overthrow the election and they still back him is something the pussy dems would never do

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I'm amazed at the number of people that thought Biden could survive 4 grueling months of campaigning and be good at it.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
If Joe Biden really wanted to endorse Kamala Harris for President he and the administration wouldn't have pushed her to the background for the entirety of his presidential term. At least then she could have built up some good will and done enough to alleviate any potential concerns later as to her viability as a President.

They didn't push her in the background. They literally put her name in the administration Biden-Harris, where previous presidents didn't do that. Her picture is in government offices where previous vice presidents weren't. She's literally by his side almost every time he speaks to the nation.

In the beginning, before he would speak, they always let her speak first so people would see her and get used to her. Previous vice presidents didn't do that.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
It is up to generation Z and black women to save this country and I told you guys a few post to go what the Democrats need to do
People don't realize the reason the Dems won the last three elections is because Gen Z came out in big numbers and voted 70% Dem.

They were never going to vote for Biden. They called him "Genocide Joe" and he never connected with them.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A little historical context. Biden should have dropped out a long time ago. The Democrats had candidates that could have actually won in 68. Robert Kennedy probably being the best chance.