Washington DC Family - Stop sign cameras, $100 each???

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah this shit is bad....There is one on the intersection of Bladensburg RD and South Dakota Ave and that shit gets people all the damn time....The one on New York Ave. and Bladensburg is a fucking money maker also....

What's crazy, even if you stop and go over that white line...TICKET!

What they didn't say is if you don't pay it within 30 days, that shit will double...Out of towners will get a ticket also....

Last edited:

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@DC_Dude are there signs indicating photo enforcement as you approach the stop sign?

I used to live in Silver Spring and drove down 16th street all the time. Got popped by a speed camera because I didn't notice posted warning sign as I entered the camera zone.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Even AAA called them out a few years ago

DC deemed ‘predatory’ after raking in more than $1B in traffic fines​

Madison DibbleFebruary 21, 2020 8:20 pm
The traffic enforcement in Washington, D.C., has crossed the line into predatory behavior, according to a report from AAA.

The nation’s capital raked in more than $1 billion from traffic violations in 2019. The record-breaking amount caught the attention of AAA, an insurance provider, who deemed the city’s enforcement of moving violations and parking tickets “predatory.”

“I don’t know another local jurisdiction in the entire nation that has generated as much money from traffic tickets, parking tickets, and moving violations,” John Townsend, a public relations manager for AAA Mid-Atlantic, told WJLA. “That tells us that things are out of control and out of hand in the District of Columbia.”

D.C. has the 20th largest population in the United States but managed to surpass all other cities in traffic citation revenue. Townsend said the disparity in revenue between D.C. and other cities stems from the much larger fees assessed to drivers in the city. He argued that the high fees, which were passed under the guise of safety, don’t actually make residents safer.

“We’ve looked high and low. We looked across the globe, and we have not found one major study that proves there is a link between the amount of the fine and compliance,” Townsend said.

WJLA requested records from the city to review whether the high fines resulted in fewer accidents or deaths, but city officials claimed they did not track that data.

The fines from traffic citations surpassed the combined revenue raised from taxes on alcohol, cigarettes, fuel, vehicles, licenses, permits, property, and estate taxes. Parking citations alone brought in $375 million.

Townsend said AAA would likely change the city’s ranking from “strict enforcement zone” to a “traffic trap.” He added, “It is predatory ticketing. That’s precisely what it is. And I defy the District to say otherwise.”

He also noted AAA would be revoking its support for the city’s automated enforcement program, which is a system of traffic cameras that can issue citations. Typically, the revenue from traffic cameras tapers off as more residents become aware of the location of the devices and start driving safely in the area. However, in D.C. revenue has remained steady, leaving Townsend to believe the cameras are just being used to surprise drivers and rake in revenue, rather than changing drivers’ behavior.

He said, “No one really believes this is about traffic safety any longer, which is the reason we’re withdrawing support for the automated enforcement program in the District.”

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cool. Lemme me when they halt renting you losers shoebox size apartments for 4 grand. Be blessed.
Losers would be outta staters like you.. only transplants living in certain areas paying that much.. I got a 3 bedroom for under 1500 in Harlem.. if it was located downtown they would charge cacs and transplants prob 7000 or above.. it’s nice not being born a gullible cac or transplant… to bad that isn’t the same case for dc when it comes to stop signs, dogs getting walked on black campuses, getting invaded by cacs, and having your music silenced

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
hrile1rcuehc1.png