What’s your all-time favorite video game?

Pack Rat

Imperturbable
BGOL Investor
Sports?
First shooter games?
Space games?
Driving games?
Music? -guitar hero

Name them and why....

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
For sports I like boxing so fight night is my thing
for space - star wars battle front pvp is fun for me. It's a mix of battlefield and star wars also the Metroid prime series and destroy all humans.

Driving-gta and Mario kart
Man sic- GTA and red dead for radio and soundtracks

You didn't mention super hero games so I'm say Spiderman PS4 is my favorite honorable mention goes to Batman Arkham games, X-Men legends and marvel ultimate. Alliance civil war.

What I'm playing right now is red dead 2 and red dead online in love this game.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

will be watching this thread with interest

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sports-For me there's 3. NBA JAM(Sega)
My brother and I, would at it for hours. He won 90% of the time :lol:

Madden 05-Imo this is the greatest Madden ever created. I played I think 20 something seasons. As the Steelers. I loved the newspaper and radio sections of the game. During the weekly coverage.

WWF No mercy-Its the GOAT wrestling game. Spent hours,days and years, playing this masterpiece. I've bought multiple games people said that were better than no mercy. But to me they don't come close. I've wasted a ridiculous amount of money. Trying to find No mercy's replacement. And I still haven't found it, I bought the recent wwe2k22. And I found the shit very annoying to play and create a character.

Shooter-Call of duty:Black ops 1(PS3)- Loved the single player storyline. And the multi-player was insane. This was the first game I played online with. And it was a great stress reliever. Until the later games would cause me to eventually abandon online games.

Rpg- FF12- Great fucking storyline Loved the ATB system. I bought the game when it originally came out. But didn't play it until 2 years later. While item farming, I was scrolling through videos on YouTube. And discovered The Young Turks. Cenk was shitting on our slow ass president at the time(Bush Jr). And during that time, they had a counter on top of the screen. Of all the servicemen that died in the Afghanistan and Iraq war. That caught my eye, and made me pay attention to what they were saying.

Action-Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake eater- This was the first metal Gear game I played. I played this when I was jobless back in 2005. At this point in my life shit wasn't going right at all. But playing this game over and over. Gave me some kind of satisfaction. Until I got my shit together, somewhat in 2006.

Platform-Zelda link to the past- Though I think Ocaraina of time and others are better games. I think link to the past has the best replay value. Because it's about 10-15 hours of gameplay.

Open world -GTA San Andreas- I liked the setting and the soundtrack. Those missions for zero. Was a pain in the ass. And the last mission was long ass fuck. That's what made it great for me.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
- NFL2K5 XBOX - The best damn football game ever made period.

-World Series Baseball 98 Sega Saturn - The game play was the shit.

- WCW Nitro or NWO N64 - THQ made some good wrestling games.

- WWF Royal Rumble SNES - The game was fun, and I think it was the first that allowed you to do a wrestlers special move.

Texas_C

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Millipede and Dig Dug, I still play them when I need to kill time.

My Hall of Fame retired game is: John Madden Football that came out in 1990. I use to coach players on how to play the game. Breaking down the defenses, how to expose a team weakness, how to setup blocks. John Elway's speed was ridiculous and Icky Woods was a monster in that game. The NY Giants defense was insane, Pepper Johnson, Carl Banks, Crack Taylor, Walls. In 2007, ESPN.com ranked the 1990 Giants' defense as the sixth-greatest in NFL history,[2] noting that the team "allowed only 13.2 points a game against a very tough schedule – they played against seven playoff teams during the regular season. I would put them at number 4 - The Bears, 2000 Ravens, 1976 Steelers, 1990 Giants.

John Madden Football put The Sega Genesis on the map. I gave my NES with Tecmo Bowl(Cheating azz Raider players) to my cousin and got a Genesis after playing Madden.

Electronic Arts had only expected the Genesis version to sell around 75,000 units, but instead the title sold roughly 400,000 units.[7] It became a killer app for the Genesis, helping the console gain market share against the NES.[5][6]

Computer and Video Games reviewed the Mega Drive version John Madden American Football and gave it a 95% score, praising the realism and the sound.[8] Sega Power gave it a 92% score.[9]

At the 1990 Golden Joystick Awards, John Madden American Football for the Mega Drive won the award for best console game of the year (16-bit).[10]

Texas_C

Rising Star
Platinum Member
First shooter games? Team Fortress 2 - It's Free, my kids and I use to get down heavy on it, and it has different classes.

Space games? StarFlight(Sega Genesis) - This game was huge. Lot's of stuff to do, create your flight crew, mod your ship, investigate shit. Star Trek should have paid a fee to slap their name on it, cause you fleet like Captain Kirk while playing this game.

Driving games? - Daytona USA - A 4 player racing game, with steering wheels, gas and brake pedals.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Elden Ring. Game is a masterpiece.

Kind of pissed because I know it spoiled me for other open world games. With the do this, then this, type of layout for missions.

Metal Gear V the Phantom Pain, the Division, Witcher 3, and Red Dead are up there.

NBA2k series is second for me because I never stop playing that shit.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sega Master System - Double Dragon.
Sega Genesis - Golden Axe
Super Nintendo - The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past.
Xbox - Splinter Cell
PC - Street of Rage 4 The one that came out last year.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Syphon Filter
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
XMen vs Street Fighter
Soul Blade
Rival Schools (Dual Disc)
WWF SmackDown: Know Your Role
GTA Vice City
GTA V
Batman Arkham City ( Lost a relationship bc I played this game to much…..I made the right choice)
Batman Arkham Knight
Resident Evil 6
Yakuza 1 & 2
TMNT: Turtles in Time
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
NBA Jam
NBA Live 2001
Spider-Man (PS1)
Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro (PS1)

Last edited:

Texas_C

Rising Star
Platinum Member
PC
Civilization VI (This game will consume your life!)
Half Life 2
Cyberpunk 2077

SNES
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger

PS2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy X
GTA San Andreas

I played the 1st Civilization back in the early 1990's. They should have made that game part of history class maybe I would of stayed awoke. I may fire up Chrono Trigger, I've heard great reviews on it.

TNazT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Last - Current Gen:
Cyberpunk 2077
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Tales from the Borderlands
Telltale's Game of Thrones
COD : MW 2019
NBA 2K16 -2K19-2K22

Retro:
WWF No Mercy