What's your views on Mask Wearing

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I prefer to wear bandanas, but have a face covering most of the time when I leave the house.

The only exceptions is if I'm riding my bicycle or meditating by the water. In both cases I stay at least six feet away from everybody else

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Let's discuss this. You are correct about the earlier admonitions of how the N95 was the correct mask to air to protect yourself against the virus. In regards to your job at the factory, are you saying that your job provides N95 mask and those are the only mask people are wearing and they are still got infected? Please expound so we can get a fuller understanding of what you are speaking of.

No my job just provides the regular mask that you buy in stores but you can wear your own mask made of whatever material you want. We’ve been back operating for about 2 months and have been required to wear mask for those 2 months and the number of people at the plant getting infected keep rising.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
i understand the no maskers. Im not ignorant to the points they make but at this point in life the mask is a courtesy at least. Like how coughing into your elbow was before, this is the same thing. So just wear it out of courtesy

Yes that’s only reason you are wearing a mask is for the COURTESY to make people feel like they are being protected. Again they did studies that said the N95 was somewhat effective, this was before they had an understanding of how the virus was spread, they still don’t have a complete understanding of how it’s spread. They said even with mask if two people talk to each other for more than 10 minutes they can still infect each other, so are they saying you have to get a certain amount of the virus into your system in order to get it? That can’t be true because they’ve already said if an infected person touches a doorknob and then you touch the doorknob and then touch your face (mouth or eyes) you can become infected

Reactions: 305

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Inside mask all times if it's a foreign place meaning not my house.

Outside mask if I'm close to people but if not close to people no mask that's not how it spreads

too much common sense cuz...

I had dudes on here FIGHTING about a mask

but they refuse to wash they hands, clothes and commonly used surfaces.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I did that shit before covid lol

EXACTLY!!!!

Look how it took CDC WHO commercials sesame street specials , color posters and cartoons

to tell these nasty asses to just WASH THEY HANDS!!!!!

cuz I swear it AINT the mask...

Its that folk lazy and nasty as f*ck

that's IT!

When my daughter was going in and out the hospital early I had to be EXTRA with folks about that stuff...

mind you I was RAISED like that ANYWAY

I laughed at so many people cause they COMPLAINED to me how HARD it was...

I was CONFUSED

My mom ALWAYS wiped down groceries and packagers, she NEVER sat on the couch or bed with "street" clothes she always washed her hands and face when she came home, wiped down common areas

never really stood CLOSE to folks

always covered her mouth and nose when she coughed or sneezed

and SO DID WE!!!!!

so my thing is

IF THESE NASTY ASSES HAD EVEN MAINTAINED THAT BARE MINIM!!???

they wouldn't even have to wear the f*cking mask like that

and my FAVORITE sh*t?

All the NON MASK wearers?

all of a sudden?

they germ experts on transfer and aerosolized blah blah blah...

all of a sudden they can't BREATHE with the mask...

STFU wear the mask and wash your hands

you don't need a PHD in pandemic.

Just be clean nasty ass muthafukas.

Wear the damn mask.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I'm high risk, so I take no chances. I'm a cigarette smoker and while in Gowardesh, Afghanistan, we caught some respiratory ailment up in the mountains that seemed to cut my lung capacity in half. I was an avid runner, and once back down to sea level, I couldn't run the distances that I was accustomed to running for shit.

I don't know if it was Elevation Sickness, caused by burn latrines, or by the burn pits, but I never recovered and couldn't call cadences again since then.

I'd never suffered from pollen allergies in my life until after then either, but some states that I travel to have me fucked up and reaching for allergy meds.

I've worked in a hospital setting and we had to be fitted for N95 masks and all of that so I don't consider it a hassle to wear one, especially knowing that my respiratory health is already compromised. It may not be 100% but it's better than not taking any precautions at all.

The hospital also treats Tuberculosis patients with the same measures as they are doing with COVID 19...gowns, N95 mask, eyewear or face shield, gloves, and foot coverings. I don't know of anyone else who worked around old folks who had TB to also catch TB. :dunno:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
EXACTLY!!!!

Look how it took CDC WHO commercials sesame street specials , color posters and cartoons

to tell these nasty asses to just WASH THEY HANDS!!!!!

cuz I swear it AINT the mask...

Its that folk lazy and nasty as f*ck

that's IT!

When my daughter was going in and out the hospital early I had to be EXTRA with folks about that stuff...

mind you I was RAISED like that ANYWAY

I laughed at so many people cause they COMPLAINED to me how HARD it was...

I was CONFUSED

My mom ALWAYS wiped down groceries and packagers, she NEVER sat on the couch or bed with "street" clothes she always washed her hands and face when she came home, wiped down common areas

never really stood CLOSE to folks

always covered her mouth and nose when she coughed or sneezed

and SO DID WE!!!!!

so my thing is

IF THESE NASTY ASSES HAD EVEN MAINTAINED THAT BARE MINIM!!???

they wouldn't even have to wear the f*cking mask like that

and my FAVORITE sh*t?

All the NON MASK wearers?

all of a sudden?

they germ experts on transfer and aerosolized blah blah blah...

all of a sudden they can't BREATHE with the mask...

STFU wear the mask and wash your hands

you don't need a PHD in pandemic.

Just be clean nasty ass muthafukas.

Wear the damn mask.

Just lets you know they were nasty people

I did not hand sanitize after every encounter but my hands were damn sure clean and I def wash shit frequently

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just lets you know they were nasty people

I did not hand sanitize after every encounter but my hands were damn sure clean and I def wash shit frequently

cuz its so damn simple

I'm telling you it aint the mask..

its that these fools are NASTY

people got mad when I asked then to wear a mask and clean they hands BEFORE the pandemic

when the baby was fresh out the HOSPITAL after a transfusion and upper respiratory infection.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
cuz its so damn simple

I'm telling you it aint the mask..

its that these fools are NASTY

people got mad when I asked then to wear a mask and clean they hands BEFORE the pandemic

when the baby was fresh out the HOSPITAL after a transfusion and upper respiratory infection.

Kick em out lol

I want to live as long as possible because of yolo

Usually people who say yolo don't feel that way about longevity

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
Registered
I don’t think they are effective, they said in the beginning the only masks that were effective were the N95 mask and the virus seems to be airborne so even those aren’t 100%. masks have become required in most states but the numbers are steady rising, why is that. I work at a auto plant and have to wear a mask about 8 hours a day at my job and even though everyone is wearing a mask more and more people are getting the virus, it got to the point were one part of our plant had to shut down because there weren’t enough people to work there

breh....

its simple...

because EVERYBODY isnt wearing them.....

specifically the right-wing trump nuts....

doctors been wearing masks in hospitals for decades for a reason....

but YOU dont think they're effective

giphy.gif

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In the beginning I didn't wear one unless it was required in whatever business I went in. Then I realized I was only thinking about myself and not about my family. So I began wearing one inside all businesses I go in. Gotta think about the people who are more susceptible to the shit. Plus my ass got exposed on my job. Tested negative luckily

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
breh....

its simple...

because EVERYBODY isnt wearing them.....

specifically the right-wing trump nuts....

doctors been wearing masks in hospitals for decades for a reason....

but YOU dont think they're effective

giphy.gif

The doctors were the ones saying only certain types of masks were effective, they even posted a list of the different kinds of mask/face coverings and ranked their effectiveness. They went from saying the basic mask and cloth masks were ineffective to now saying how your risk is very low if you are wearing any type of face covering, why is that? Did they test them again? There was a debate for about 2 months in the news and on this board about mask being effective and most of them were saying no, but then all of a sudden they said yes they were, why

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No my job just provides the regular mask that you buy in stores but you can wear your own mask made of whatever material you want. We’ve been back operating for about 2 months and have been required to wear mask for those 2 months and the number of people at the plant getting infected keep rising.
is your assumption that the people at the factory are getting infected while at the factory? If they are not social distancing and wearing masks continuously outside of work (family included) could mean they are getting infected outside of work and bringing it in.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The doctors were the ones saying only certain types of masks were effective, they even posted a list of the different kinds of mask/face coverings and ranked their effectiveness. They went from saying the basic mask and cloth masks were ineffective to now saying how your risk is very low if you are wearing any type of face covering, why is that? Did they test them again? There was a debate for about 2 months in the news and on this board about mask being effective and most of them were saying no, but then all of a sudden they said yes they were, why
I do believe a lot of the early shit was put out there to appease Trump's dumb ass. As you notice, more and more medical folk started to break the party line when it became obvious that the shit is worse then they tried to tell us a first (in my opinion).

With that being said, look at this way. the main points have always been two fold. wear some sort of face covering and social distancing. Any type of covering will limit the spread vs none. And if you are able to maintain some sort of minimal safe distance that, too, should help limit the spread.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
No matter what I believe, Id never thought I'd see the day where all Americans were wearing masks like this. And YES, I wear my shit everywhere now. Because I dont wanna be labeled a cac or a dummy. Apparently those are the only people not wearing em.

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
I do believe a lot of the early shit was put out there to appease Trump's dumb ass. As you notice, more and more medical folk started to break the party line when it became obvious that the shit is worse then they tried to tell us a first (in my opinion).

With that being said, look at this way. the main points have always been two fold. wear some sort of face covering and social distancing. Any type of covering will limit the spread vs none. And if you are able to maintain some sort of minimal safe distance that, too, should help limit the spread.

WOW so you see how dangerous that is/was and just how much the medical folk care about people, they were possibly giving out false information just to make one man happy. This whole 180 to everybody wear mask is probably the same way, just something to give the people as sense of security in these uncertain times

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
is your assumption that the people at the factory are getting infected while at the factory? If they are not social distancing and wearing masks continuously outside of work (family included) could mean they are getting infected outside of work and bringing it in.

But it's not just my workplace the numbers are going up everywhere, in every state. It's been more than 2 months in some places that mask be required and their numbers are still rising

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
Registered

then don't wear one then....

go on and put your life on the life to be contrary.....

its up to you....

go out like Herman Cain then.....

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But it's not just my workplace the numbers are going up everywhere, in every state. It's been more than 2 months in some places that mask be required and their numbers are still rising
Cases keep going up where I am in spite of mask requirements because the requirements aren't enforced. Less than half the people actually adhere to the requirement and there are no consequences for those that don't. So many yahoos just don't care and will Karen or Ken if you raise the issue.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Do you really think people are wearing masks and social distancing 24/7? Plus, we have seen folks who knew they had it continue to flaunt masks, social distancing, and quarantine rules.

We have seen other folks downplay it and refuse to cooperate with the guidelines.

I know I am wrong for constantly clowning Herman Cain from dying from that shit, but he has become the poster child of what can happen when you ignore the shit. Granted, with his health and age he was at the top of the danger zone, but him ignoring the precautions didn't help. In his case, it is very possible he came in contact with someone that knew they were infected, but because they themselves felt fine, didn't feel the need to quarantine.

The other problem you have is a lot of folks "assume" they will be in the mild or no symptom category if they do get it, so they don't take the precautions seriously either.

BaseballKid

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah we were not born with a mask on our face or condom on our dick but wearing them can protect you from catching the Virus or an STD.

That's why we wear them. So don't be like the arrogant and ignorant fools out here that don't wear one.

Use common sense and wear a Mask!

pookie

BGOL Patreon Investor
then don't wear one then....

go on and put your life on the life to be contrary.....

its up to you....

go out like Herman Cain then.....

I knew someone was gonna come with a comment like this, my responses have nothing do with being contrary, a question was asked and I responded to it. The whole "well don't wear one then and risk your life" thing is the same as Bible thumpers saying "well don't believe in God then and go to hell":hmm:

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm wondering when will it be okay for us to not wear a mask...seems like this shit (covid and the concept of covid) is not going away anytime soon.

But I wear my mask. It ain't that hard.