Which DNA testing company is the most reputable?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Would this be useful to someone that was adopted and looks mixed?

Would it at least tell what their nationality is?

Why would it be useful other than to address their curiosity ? So it tells them what they are mixed with but how is that useful ?

I think the biggest use for DNA is health related or establishing paternity.

soja

Support BGOL
Registered
I did ancestry.com when of my kids had an ancestry project for school. Here is what I got back:

Africa82%

• Nigeria23%
  • Cameroon/Congo17%
  • Benin/Togo17%
  • Ivory Coast/Ghana10%
  • Africa Southeastern Bantu7%
  • Senegal5%
  • Mali3%
America1%
  • Trace Regions1%
  • Native American1%
Asia< 1%
  • Asia South< 1%
Europe15%
  • Ireland8%
  • Great Britain4%
  • Finland/Northwest Russia2%
  • Europe West< 1%
Pacific Islander1%
  • Polynesia1%

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did ancestry.com dna test back in august. I got the results back a month later. I looked at dozens of YouTube videos from people were tested by one or multiple companies.. The differences were negligible. My results just affirmed what I already figured: That I was a mix of west African countries with a little Caucasian. My results were:

20% Ivory Coast/Ghana
17% Cameroon/Congo
14% Great Britain
13% Benin/Togo
11% Nigeria
10% Africa Southeastern Bantu
4% Senegal
1% Africa North

It then shows a list of people you are related to. I've had 3 people contact me on there. I then uploaded my dna data to a website called gedmatch.com where they break it down even more and there are several tests yo u can run. One of the tests showed that I'm related the closest to Nigerian Fulani. I was on the fence about getting the test done for years but I'm glad I finally did. I've talked to several people who say they don't want to know; that they are American now.
Did you stay in contact with the people that were related to you?Where were they from?

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
Did you stay in contact with the people that were related to you?Where were they from?
They were from all over. We exchanged a few emails, talked about how we may be related like "my great grandfather's last name was Thompson." I haven't talked to them in a few weeks. This all happened about 5 weeks ago. We hadn't gotten to the point of trying to meet up.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
rsz_miracle-baby.jpg

http://wadiyan.com/2013/04/09/miracle-black-baby-born-to-white-parents/

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DNA Testing and Privacy (Behind the scenes at the 23andMe Lab) - Smarter Every Day 176

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
All these companies are government fronts:zipit:

Some truth to this.

A large majority of these DNA companies are owned or controlled by the LDS (Church of Latter Day Saints) aka “The Mormons”.

The Mormon church thru their companies has a number of large contracts with various local and state govts along with the Federal Govt.

That NSA facility in Bluffdale, UT south of Salt Lake City got built there with support of the LDS church and retiring Utah Senator Orrin Hatch (R).

On my phone....Google “Mormon DNA companies” and see for yourself.

MackInTraining

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I DJayed a family reunion a year or so ago. What I liked about the results they got (swab had to be from a male child) is that it named the actual tribe they were from. A lot of the results I've seen name countries but the additional information about the tribe was cool. They used that information to visit Africa.

3rd__Optic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
23 and Me is who I used. I like their layout.....

• Sub-Saharan African
    74.0%

• West African
    70.5%

• African Hunter-Gatherer
    2.3%

• Broadly Sub-Saharan African
    1.1%
  • European
    23.7%

• British & Irish
    12.5%

• Scandinavian
    1.1%

• Iberian
    0.3%

• Broadly Northwestern European
    7.0%

• Broadly Southern European
    1.2%

• Broadly European
    1.6%
  • East Asian & Native American
    0.6%

• Native American
    0.4%

• Manchurian & Mongolian
    0.1%
  • Western Asian & North African
    0.2%

• North African & Arabian
    0.1%

• Broadly Western Asian & North African
    0.1%
  • Unassigned
    1.5%

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I did ancestry.com dna test back in august. I got the results back a month later. I looked at dozens of YouTube videos from people were tested by one or multiple companies.. The differences were negligible. My results just affirmed what I already figured: That I was a mix of west African countries with a little Caucasian. My results were:

20% Ivory Coast/Ghana
17% Cameroon/Congo
14% Great Britain
13% Benin/Togo
11% Nigeria
10% Africa Southeastern Bantu
4% Senegal
1% Africa North

It then shows a list of people you are related to. I've had 3 people contact me on there. I then uploaded my dna data to a website called gedmatch.com where they break it down even more and there are several tests yo u can run. One of the tests showed that I'm related the closest to Nigerian Fulani. I was on the fence about getting the test done for years but I'm glad I finally did. I've talked to several people who say they don't want to know; that they are American now.
Yeah I did it too and I’m unadulterated BLACK. Sub Saharan as fuck.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AncestryDNA is $59.. I was gonna do it until I read that's how they caught the serial killer in California

Genealogy websites identify rape suspect who eluded police for 40 years

For more than four decades, a suspect in more than 50 extremely sadistic rapes and 12 murders eluded police in Northern California. On Tuesday, he was arrested after investigators tracked him down using online genealogical databases that contained genetic information from a relative, news organizations reported Thursday.

The identification of 72-year-old Joseph James DeAngelo as the East Area Rapist began with the recovery years ago of DNA from a crime scene. Over the years, investigators compared the DNA to profiles on one or more undisclosed genealogy databases. Eventually, investigators found one or more distant relatives of DeAngelo's and traced their DNA to him. The Sacramento Bee, citing the Sacramento County District Attorney's office, reported here that the crucial lead came from "various websites that cater to individuals wanting to know more about their family backgrounds by accepting DNA samples from them."

The New York Times, meanwhile, said here that the match came from a commercial online genealogy database. The NYT continued:

"We found a person that was the right age and lived in this area—and that was Mr. DeAngelo," said Steve Grippi, the assistant chief in the Sacramento district attorney's office.

Investigators then obtained what Anne Marie Schubert, the Sacramento district attorney, called "abandoned" DNA samples from Mr. DeAngelo.

"You leave your DNA in a place that is a public domain," she said.

The test result confirmed the match to more than 10 murders in California. Ms. Schubert's office then obtained a second sample and came back with the same positive result, matching the full DNA profile."

A former police officer, DeAngelo was arrested outside his home Tuesday afternoon and booked into Sacramento County Jail on two charges of murder. Authorities say they expect to charge the suspect in 12 homicide cases in Sacramento, Orange, Santa Barbara, and Ventura counties. The crimes took place during a rape and killing spree that ran from 1974 to 1986. DeAngelo is scheduled to be arraigned in Sacramento Superior Court on Friday.

In all, authorities have said they believe DeAngelo committed at least 51 rapes and 12 murders. The crimes gained international attention not only because of the number and their unsolved nature but also because of the depravity involved. The perpetrator frequently tormented his victims with sadistic rituals. He typically wore a mask and tied his victims' hands. Early on, he raped single women; and later he raped married women with their husbands present and then killed them both, the NYT said. Over the years, the East Area Rapist has also been referred to by other monikers, including the Golden State Killer and the Original Night Stalker.

Schubert and Jones have so far declined to reveal details of precisely how their investigations led them to DeAngelo, but they have said that information will be revealed soon. Representatives at 23andMe and other gene testing services said they weren't involved in identifying DeAngelo, the NYT said.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...-rape-suspect-who-eluded-police-for-40-years/

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Heard about this earlier.

It gores with what I and Thread_Clinic posted earlier.

It looks like Las Enforcement is gonna use these DNA sites as a data pool to review all the cold case files they have and current cases.

There has to be over 200 million Americans who have submitted their DNA to these sites.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Heard about this earlier.

It gores with what I and Thread_Clinic posted earlier.

It looks like Las Enforcement is gonna use these DNA sites as a data pool to review all the cold case files they have and current cases.

There has to be over 200 million Americans who have submitted their DNA to these sites.