jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

:roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3:

LEzr80.jpg

militantmidget

Rising Star
Registered
People REALLY need to stop saying this ignorant shit. Brittney makes $221k per year in the WNBA which has a season that only lasts 4 months including the playoffs.

It's incredibly disrespectful to people making $7.25/hr to say that someone making a quarter million HAD to go somewhere to make a living wage.

The average WNBA player makes $103k/season.

Americans be goofy as shit sometimes (I'm American btw ADOS if anyone asks).

Soccer players go overseas every year to make more money (South American, African, Asian, European, hell even USA players).

Hell, Luka and Giannis left their homelands to come here to play basketball.

Ppl need to stop pandering to social media and speak reality.

Ain't no one going to see the WNBA, including WOMEN.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
People REALLY need to stop saying this ignorant shit. Brittney makes $221k per year in the WNBA which has a season that only lasts 4 months including the playoffs.

It's incredibly disrespectful to people making $7.25/hr to say that someone making a quarter million HAD to go somewhere to make a living wage.

^^^^^

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am forcibly ending my detainment; I can't tolerate the mentally retarded games in the U.S. I am tired of the desperate racial cannibalism.

Even though it is winter, I am crossing the border with my water jug, looking desperate.

Last edited:

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Americans be goofy as shit sometimes (I'm American btw ADOS if anyone asks).

Soccer players go overseas every year to make more money (South American, African, Asian, European, hell even USA players).

Hell, Luka and Giannis left their homelands to come here to play basketball.

Ppl need to stop pandering to social media and speak reality.

Ain't no one going to see the WNBA, including WOMEN.
Did the Russians make her wear panties without dick holes?

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor

I agree completely with your statement in bold. And I’m not in complete disagreement with what you said before that.

So then, as you pointed out, Brittney at 221K is getting paid a little more than twice as much as the average WNBA salary. Swishappeal.com rates her at #13 best active WNBA player prior to her detainment. Going into the 2022 season ESPN rated her 3rd overall. So then let’s say that based on that she averages out to 8th best in the WNBA. Nine years in. Two time champion, 8 time all-star, 2 time DPOY, 8 time blocks leader, 2 time scoring champion. The greatest defensive player in WNBA history.

Comparably, the number 8th ranked NBA player in the 2022-2023 season according to ESPN is Kevin Durant (who prior to his current injury was playing one of his better seasons) is getting paid $48 million annually, while the average NBA salary is 7.3 mill. So then KD is making almost 7 times more than the NBA average. Durant, like Griner, is also one of the greatest players in the history of the game. I’d personally place him top 10 all-time.

There are obviously some disparities in the pay numbers. True, I’m sure that the average WNBA player isn’t starving. But damn… 221K vs 49 mill? Even if one made the point that the WNBA seasons are shorter by two months, if NBA seasons, playoffs included went only 4 months, the #8 ranked player would still be making 24 million. I understand the fan base is way smaller and that affects a lot economically and business-wise for the WNBA. Still it’s understandable how a WNBA player might wish they were compensated better than they are for their talent, skill, efforts and work. Overseas pays better for WNBA players- esp. Russia who will pay 3 to 4x as much as a WNBA salary. How much do we hear about top 10 NBA talent going to play overseas instead of here? Most top NBA players are getting compensated enough that playing in an overseas league either instead of or in addition to playing on the NBA is an afterthought at best.

The answer? I dunno. Unless the NBA invests more into the women’s league, I don’t see things changing significantly any time soon. Even if they did invest, the potential returns are still questionable.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I agree completely with your statement in bold. And I’m not in complete disagreement with what you said before that.

So then, as you pointed out, Brittney at 221K is getting paid a little more than twice as much as the average WNBA salary. Swishappeal.com rates her at #13 best active WNBA player prior to her detainment. Going into the 2022 season ESPN rated her 3rd overall. So then let’s say that based on that she averages out to 8th best in the WNBA. Nine years in. Two time champion, 8 time all-star, 2 time DPOY, 8 time blocks leader, 2 time scoring champion. The greatest defensive player in WNBA history.

Comparably, the number 8th ranked NBA player in the 2022-2023 season according to ESPN is Kevin Durant (who prior to his current injury was playing one of his better seasons) is getting paid $48 million annually, while the average NBA salary is 7.3 mill. So then KD is making almost 7 times more than the NBA average. Durant, like Griner, is also one of the greatest players in the history of the game. I’d personally place him top 10 all-time.

There are obviously some disparities in the pay numbers. True, I’m sure that the average WNBA player isn’t starving. But damn… 221K vs 49 mill? Even if one made the point that the WNBA seasons are shorter by two months, if NBA seasons, playoffs included went only 4 months, the #8 ranked player would still be making 24 million. I understand the fan base is way smaller and that affects a lot economically and business-wise for the WNBA. Still it’s understandable how a WNBA player might wish they were compensated better than they are for their talent, skill, efforts and work. Overseas pays better for WNBA players- esp. Russia who will pay 3 to 4x as much as a WNBA salary. How much do we hear about top 10 NBA talent going to play overseas instead of here? Most top NBA players are getting compensated enough that playing in an overseas league either instead of or in addition to playing on the NBA is an afterthought at best.

The answer? I dunno. Unless the NBA invests more into the women’s league, I don’t see things changing significantly any time soon. Even if they did invest, the potential returns are still questionable.

The WNBA has great players but there isn't going to be a way to pay them proportionally until the WNBA actually has a profitable season. There definitely are issues with how it is marketed especially with the focus on white players, but the NBA gets WNBA games on ESPN and ABC during good time slots. People just aren't watching.

Whenever I talk to folks offline who feel the players should get paid more, I ask them if they can name the WNBA Finals MVP, or three current WNBA players, or three current WNBA teams without googling it. They never can.

It's been discussed before, but I don't know if anything can be done to change this. Outside of college, women's sports where the players are super masculine don't do well in America even amongst female viewers. Women's gymnastics, track and field, volleyball, swimming, figure skating, etc all do well but also have women that are feminine in appearance.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
The WNBA has great players but there isn't going to be a way to pay them proportionally until the WNBA actually has a profitable season. There definitely are issues with how it is marketed especially with the focus on white players, but the NBA gets WNBA games on ESPN and ABC during good time slots. People just aren't watching.

Whenever I talk to folks offline who feel the players should get paid more, I ask them if they can name the WNBA Finals MVP, or three current WNBA players, or three current WNBA teams without googling it. They never can.

It's been discussed before, but I don't know if anything can be done to change this. Outside of college, women's sports where the players are super masculine don't do well in America even amongst female viewers. Women's gymnastics, track and field, volleyball, swimming, figure skating, etc all do well but also have women that are feminine in appearance.
Those are all great points. Level of interest is definitely a big factor. The NBA could promote WNBA more. MAYBE that could help, but overall to add on to what you said, I think basketball is still perceived as more of a "man's game".

I'm not at all opposed to watching WNBA games. I guess I've always been invested in NBA pretty deeply. I sub to an IPTV only to see NBA games (no sense in paying cable prices for cable, if that's all I watch on it). Maybe the spring would be a good time to catch a WNBA game or two. Who knows, I may enjoy it. :dunno:

WNBA fans seem to be even more fiercely loyal than NBA fans. Too bad there are not more of them. Perhaps in time this will change.

The only female athlete in any sport I can think of off the top of my head who is making anything near KD numbers would be Serena Williams.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The WNBA salary is based on the revenue of the WNBA.

WNBA and NBA salaries should never be mentioned in the same sentence in any comparison or context.

Ever.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The NBA made 7.4 billion dollars last year and the WNBA made 60 million.

There's nothing to talk about regarding paying WNBA players proportionally unless you're talking about the revenue split from the money made.

WNBA players want a 50\50 split with the league and that's deserved.

The minute anyone starts talking about NBA salaries in proportion to WNBA salaries that's when you know that they don't know the business.

The WNBA salary cap is 1.34 million, the NBA salary cap is 123 million. The leagues are in two different stratospheres so to even mention them is the same breath is pointless.

And I like and watch women's basketball but business is business.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
The WNBA salary is based on the revenue of the WNBA.

WNBA and NBA salaries should never be mentioned in the same sentence in any comparison or context.

Ever.

The NBA made 7.4 billion dollars last year and the WNBA made 60 million.

There's nothing to talk about regarding paying WNBA players proportionally unless you're talking about the revenue split from the money made.

WNBA players want a 50\50 split with the league and that's deserved.

The minute anyone starts talking about NBA salaries in proportion to WNBA salaries that's when you know that they don't know the business.

The WNBA salary cap is 1.34 million, the NBA salary cap is 123 million. The leagues are in two different stratospheres so to even mention them is the same breath is pointless.

And I like and watch women's basketball but business is business.

Not in disagreement with any of that. We're pretty much saying the same thing.

My main observation is that it's too bad they can't command larger salaries for the effort they put in.

But again, it's a business.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not in disagreement with any of that. We're pretty much saying the same thing.

My main observation is that it's too bad they can't command larger salaries for the effort they put in.

But again, it's a business.

Now you're definitely right about the effort because the women play ball!

Regular season's aight but they amp it up in the playoffs!

I would like them to get paid too, but their revenue doesn't allow it.

So whenever the mention the men's salaries I just

old-lady.gif