Wow Texas power grid is really fucked up and I do blame the Republicans

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Moving to Texas saves him and his company billions of dollars, but folks in here call him a fool and think it’s because of racism. Smh

He's not a fool he's selfish and evil lol

Saves him and his company billions when he already has billions
Instead of paying into taxes so the government can help you

But this is a hero lol the dream

Lot of good he's done texas by being there so far lol

And then he'll get praised

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Beyoncé Providing Financial Assistance for Texans Affected by Storm

By Pat Saperstein

Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD foundation is helping those affected by the severe winter storms in Texas.

The singer is teaming up with Adidas and Bread of Life, a Houston disaster relief organization to provide grants of up to $1,000 for those in need due to winter storm Uri.

Residents of Texas and other states hit by storms may apply using the Disaster Relief Assistance Application Form. Bread of Life is also accepting donations to provide assistance to victims of the storm.

BeyGOOD tweeted, “Vist @BreadofLifeH for more information on assistance. We send our prayers to those impacted by the winter storm.”
Bread of Life works with Beyoncé’s BeyGOOD and Tina Knowles-Lawson on domestic on global anti-hunger initiatives and provides support to natural disaster victims. BeyGOOD has supported numerous causes in the singer’s native Houston over the years, including COVID testing, small business assistance, and hurricane assistance. Beyoncé’s charitable efforts extend well beyond Houston, providing support for Black colleges, housing programs, Black Lives Matter and women’s issues.

Freezing temperatures are expected to last into the weekend, and many Texas residents have been without electricity and heat for days, though power is beginning to come back on. There is also a shortage of food and water in the state, and 13 million residents have been advised to boil their water before drinking, if they even have water service. At least 38 people have died as a result of the storms across the country, the New York Times reported.

It's cool but I hate it only because what is the point of a government

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Every day I grow to despise conservatives. I'm getting tired of liberals too, but conservatives are on the fast track to being vehemently hated. I wouldn't let anyone know I was that goddamn stupid to think wind and solar can't work in the cold, but they proudly repeat lies with their chests out. I don't know why people say they aren't proud Americans, because they are the greatest example of what America truly is...a bunch of dumb mother fuckers that are unapologetically proud to be happy to showcase their stupidity.
Real shit bruh. :yes:

LpjM5d.jpg

Last edited:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
:smh:

No wonder all the grocery store shelves there in TX have been picked clean...

That’s why I hated living in Apts. the folks on the top probably dealing with a compromised roof. Besides that I’d be worried that Tyrone upstairs would put one in the air, fall asleep and leave the fry daddy on to burn us all up in our sleep. Mfs die in their sleep from smoke inhalation while his Ol drunk Ass, high as a kite makes it out to talk shit to the news reporter. Shitty all around situation. :smh:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

How is this jelly fish legged cac going to investigate some shit he helped setup?

602f3547d3cfcdac85d1087a_Griddy%20vs%20PUCT%20real-time%20prices.jpg

As of today (Thursday), 99% of homes have their power restored and available generation was well above the 1,000 MW cushion. Yet, the PUCT left the directive in place and continued to force prices to $9/kWh, approximately 300x higher than the normal wholesale price. For a home that uses 2,000 kWh per month, prices at $9/kWh work out to over $640 per day in energy charges. By comparison, that same household would typically pay $2 per day.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thats why I always get a fixed rate. Giddy was advertising 2 to 5 cents a kilowatt but the risk is always there to jump up during surges. They had local news stories from last summer of folks getting a 150 bill for day during the peak summer months, folks should have learned from that.
On the fix rate. Isn't it based on average power used or something like over a certain period. And if you leave and change power companies you will have to.pay the difference if you are over that average on the last bill or if you switch back to regular billing?