Writer's Circle: How would YOU write Marvel's Black Panther movie? UPDATE:What about the sequel?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Michael B. Jordan Reportedly Doing Black Panther

13-michael-b-jordan.w529.h529.jpg

It appears that Michael B. Jordan is jumping into the cast of Ryan Coogler's 2018 Marvel superhero movie Black Panther. This continues Jordan's streak as Coogler's muse, given that he has starred in Fruitvale Stationand Creed. If you're thinking, "Hey, isn't Michael B. Jordan already in a superhero thing?" you're sort of right: He played the Human Torch in last year's Fox outingFantastic Four, but that bombed hard, so one can presume he won't be caught up in any kind of franchise commitment on that front. Today's report comes from The Hollywood Reporter and it's unclear what his character's role will be, although one source apparently told them he might be a villain. Hmm, well he's not playing longtime Black Panther villain Klaw, because Andy Serkis already has that covered ... uh, maybe Erik Killmonger? This news comes on the heels of yesterday's whispers about Lupita Nyong'ojoining the flick, and between her, Jordan, and star Chadwick Boseman, it's almost criminal how beautiful this cast is shaping up to be.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
http://www.projectcasting.com/jobs/google-black-list

Google will pay $15,000 for your TV and movie script.

Google would like to see if there were more movies about computer sciences that weren’t the stereotypical nerd movie. Are you an aspiring screenwriter? Do you want to work for Google? If so, Google will actually pay you to write a movie script.

Google is teaming up with The Black List and will grant up to $15,000 for three people to write three scripts. Google is looking for one movie script and two TV pilots that will change the nerd cliché of computer scientists and scientists. This is part of a Google initiative to bring women and people of color into computer science. So, these movies and TV shows are probably going to be more diverse than a typical 1930s drama.

The submission process starts now and ends July 15th with the lucky grant winners getting their money in the fall. The grant winners will keep the rights to their script, but they will also have to explain to Google how they spent the $15,000 to create the script.

To sign up visit Blacklist

This is a better link to the details: https://blcklst.com/education/opportunities/27

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
True but marvel is so strong right now and have so much clout;they dam near run Hollywood..that probably protects black panther from fuckery....

I want to start something crazy...

Instead of saying Good Morning in the office

I told all the Black co workers,

Sawubona

http://www.unisa.ac.za/free_online_course/PDF/Zulu/Learn online Zulu - Theme 1.pdf

and whenever I or they did something well I said

welcome to Wakanda

Cacs were looking genuinely perplexed

one finally had the nerve to ask...

what that mean?

I said...

If you need to ask...it is not for you

and my most regal voice.

We need to start that trending...

We are Wakanda

Panther god

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Black Panther Concept Art For Marvel's Captain America: Civil War

Conceptual artist Jerad S. Marantz has released some of his Captain America: Civil Warconcept art, which feature variations of Black Panther's (played by Chadwick Boseman) superhero suit.

"I had the honor of doing some early passes on the Black Panther while working in-house at Marvel with their amazing Visual Development team," wrote Marantz. "It was a great project and ended up being one of my favorite Marvel Movies."

Check out Marantz's Black Panther artwork in the album below.

klbPFmNl.jpg

ovZTwFXl.jpg

k6AX3Rbl.jpg

FXKdVhil.jpg

“The concept for the Black Panther costume came from Marvel's visual development. Ryan Mynerding, their head of visual development, and I worked very closely to try to get this costume realized," Judiaanna Makovsky, Captain America: Civil War costume designer,told Tyranny of Style. "It has many patterns intertwined, particularly etched into the helmet, hands and feet.

The suit itself had to be very malleable and flexible, but still look like it has vibranium woven into it. The actor needed to have very feline movement so to find a fabric that would convey that was a challenge. It is made up of a stretch with three different interwoven textures as well as molded pieces. The hardest part was getting the suit to not be bulky and reflect the body of a gymnast instead of a big muscular superhero.”

Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly-formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity, but after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War is now playing in theaters! The Black Panther solo film, being directed and co-written by Ryan Coogler, will slash into theaters on February 16, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/05/black-panther-concept-art-for-marvels-captain-america-civil-war/

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Doesn't matter. In order to go mainstream in Hollywood, you have to be a token friend of a rich liberal or on your knees for some dude.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
- Eric Killmonger
458417-blap_alan_davis38.jpg
ErikKillmonger_02.jpg

You need a villain. Many years ago, Ulysses Klaw led a treacherous attack on Wakanda and its royal family. Klaw even managed to kill the king, T'Chaka, before being stopped by T'Chaka's young son, T'Challa. Klaw was repelled and left Wakanda, but not before he took back a number of Wakandans to serve as his slaves. One of these was a boy whose parents Klaw had killed, a boy named N'jadaka. Little is known of N'jadaka's time as a slave to his parents' killer, but we do know that N'jadaka harbored an intense hatred for T'Chaka, his former king. He believed that weakness on T'Chaka's part was a key factor in allowing his parents to be killed. N'jadaka became educated in the United States, adopting the name Erik Killmonger, earning a PhD in Engineering and an MBA. It is said that he even taught for a time at M.I.T.

To this day, the Black Panther has never defeated Erik Killmonger in one-on-one combat.

Killmonger is a revolutionary leader, well-known to all Wakandans, and even supported by some. The village he grew up in has even been renamed N'jadaka Village. His revolutionary charisma, his mastery of politics and economics, his tactical cunning, and his access to the Altar of Resurrection would likely have make him Black Panther's greatest foe even if his physical abilities were not as amazing as they are.

Ulyssess Klaw -
4174259-klaw.jpg

Klaw's origin has recently been ret-conned by Reggie Hudlin in the Black Panther series. In this version, his great-great-great grandfather was one of the founders of South Africa, whom T'Chaka killed in a fight. Klaw is now an assassin, hired to kill him. Ulysses Klaw, a Dutch scientist, had developed a weapon that could turn sound into solid objects - as before, it needed only Vibranium to work finally. Klaw makes his move at a global economic conference where plenty of 'potential employers' gathered. When Klaw realizes no deal is going to be made, he takes action, managing to kill the Panther. During his escape, Black Panther's son T'Challa blasts Klaw's hand off. After having his half-dead body experimented on for close to a decade, Klaw returns to being an assassin. With a gun attached to his hand, and Vibranium from the black market, he returns to Wakanda ten years later, as before, attacking Black Panther and the Fantastic Four.

You need villains for the character to rise up against and defeat. BP has never beaten Killmonger. And fighting Klaw who's a city wide type/ team threat would be excellent to have. Where BP would use his genius intellect to beat Klaw. Killmonger you have BP fight him and "Lose" and then have Killmonger come back for another movie.

You introduce the Dora. You introduce Shuri. You have to see BP's family and how he runs his kingdom. You have him mention where he was educated at. You have him mention his capabilities offhand. And then you show him working in a lab. You show him creating inventions. You show him working out.

I'd even start it off in 2 phases. You start it off with T'Chaka being killed. Then you do the scene where T'challa fights for leadership of the Black Panther cult. And taking up the mantle. And meeting Bast. After that fight. You show a spanning view of Wakanda. You show them with flying cars and towering buildings with panther symbols all over. Then you show the vibranium mountain. You introduce Klaw there, in my view though. You have Klaw be hired to steal vibranium from the mountain by Killmonger. Who we meet soon after.

When you do focus on Killmonger you show him brutally killing 1 of the White Gorilla's with his bare hands. After that kill 1 of his aids comes up to him with papers to sign or some shit like that showing he's not just some savage ass dude out there. Next scene you see him in an office handling business and being reported to by Klaw. The whole beginning of the film needs to show Killmonger causing trouble in Wakanda. Middle of the film has to show him maybe leaking information to the Americans about Wakanda. You have Cap America in on a meeting with SHIELD about how the hell Wakanda could've gone undercover for so long and you have cap flashback to meeting TChaka and being beat by him.

America sends an emissary to wakanda. Tchalla says fine. Since we're already exposed, i'll meet them. Killmonger serves as an envoy with the Americans and and that's where we learn Killmonger's history. During their meeting where Tchalla spanks everyone involved verbally except Killmonger...Klaw causes a bunch of bullshit at the mountain. Causing it to quake and Shuri is in the mountain leading a tour. Killmonger and Tchalla go into the mountain to help people together and face down Klaw and his weapon. Tchalla and Killmonger get separated and Killmonger uses a machine that kills Klaw's physical body but turns him into energy making him the hero of the people.

And as usual i'm stuck there. Anyway big fight with Killmonger at the end at the same time figuring out a way to technically stop Klaw's energy form from further fucking up Wakanda. And MAYBE... at the end fly in a Helicarrier.

i agree with a lot of that with the exception of starting off at the death of t'chaka. they did t'chaka so wrong it's not even funny. you can't do the true origin story because that's based on all kings of wakanda were the panther due to their bloodline was the only one to survive consuming the herb needed to give them the stregnth and agility to become the panther. also t'chaka was not about having anything to do with the outside world, his son was.

leave cap out of it. he's going to be one too many white people in the movie cause you have to use ulysses klaw. if you're going to do flashbacks in the movie center around t'challa and shuri training, another flashback scene involving him taking the path of becoming the panther, next flashback scene his encounter with klaw and how klaws face got like that.

if you're going to team up a villain with klaw then yeah killmonger, (cant use man-ape now since the rivalry no longer exists since it wasn't him who killed t'chaka) or moses magnum. of course the story is going to revolve around the vibranium mound, and killmonger trying to gain the throne, maybe with a little assistance from a traitorous dora milaje...

whatever they do they have to do the final post scene of namor walking onto the coast of wakanda out of the water then taking flight....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i wonder if the price went up since civil war...it`s in good condition...:money:...probably not...lol

it`s been in plastic deep in the back of my closet was yr`s...i was lookin for an old HD & found some old ass comic books...:yes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Do you think the #blacklivesmatter movement will have ANY effect on the development promotion release or success of this film?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Black Panther Director Ryan Coogler: Ta-Nehisi Coates Has 'Absolutely' Influenced the Movie

24-coogler-panther.w529.h529.jpg

One of the highlights of Marvel’s massive Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con was the Black Panther portion, when an array of exceedingly talented black artists — actors Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan, and Danai Gurira; and writer/director Ryan Coogler — stood side by side to hype up the studio’s first majority-black-cast film. It’s set to be released in 2018, but superhero fans already have a critically acclaimed and best-selling Panther story to tide them over: the current Marvel comic of the same name,written by MacArthur Genius Ta-Nehisi Coates, penciled by Brian Stelfreeze, and colored by Laura Martin. As it turns out, Coogler’s a big fan.

“Oh, I love it, man,” the filmmaker said when I asked him what he thinks of the series. “I mean, he’s my favorite writer right now in the world. Since being turned on to his work, I’m reading everything that he does. His nonfiction work, especially. But what he’s doing with Panther is just incredible. You can really see his background as a poet in some of the dialogue. And what Brian Stelfreeze is doing with the visuals in that book. And some of the questions that it’s asking. It’s just inspiring for [co-screenwriter] Joe Robert Cole and myself."

“So, it’s influenced the way you think about the character?” I asked. “Absolutely, absolutely,” he replied. “What’s so great about Panther is he’s a superhero who, if you grab him and ask him if he’s a superhero, he’ll tell you, ‘No.’ He sees himself as a politician, as a leader in his country. It just so happens that the country is a warrior-based nation where the leaders have to be warriors, as well, so sometimes he has to go fight. I think starting at that is really so interesting. If you look at that, anything that’s happening in the world right now, or in the world in the past, in the political realm and how people deal with each other, it can be an inspiration.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
http://screenrant.com/black-panther-plot-details/

Black Panther: First Plot Details Revealed

Black Panther, the upcoming Marvel solo film, has been shrouded in mystery since it was first announced. Other than the post-credits scene in Captain America: Civil War that gave us a glimpse at Panther’s (Chadwick Boseman) secluded and technological homeland of Wakanda and a slew of casting details, we haven’t heard much concerning the actual plot. Directer Ryan Coogler (Creed) is still working on the script as we speak and the film won’t go into production for some time yet.

Coogler didn’t offer much information at Black Panther’s Comic-Con International presentation other than what we already know. However, a big name member of the cast did. Lupita Nyong’o, who is confirmed to portray Nakia – a members of Wakanda’s elite special forces unit called the Dora Milaje – offered up the very first plot details to Marvel.com during a red carpet interview:

“The story of this Black Panther is- what am I allowed to say? – The story is that the Black Panther’s leadership is really threatened by two foes who come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy.”

After months of speculation that turned out to be correct, Michael B. Jordan (Creed, Fruitvale Station) was finally confirmed to be playing the long-time rival of Black Panther, Erik Killmonger. To the delight of many fans, the news came from the official Marvel Studios’ presentation at last weeks San Diego Comic-Con . We can safely assume that Killmonger will be one of the aforementioned “foes.”

In the comics, Killmonger, a native of Wakanda, was born under the name N’Jadaka. Ulysses Klaw forced Killmonger’s father to join his mercenaries and attack Wakanda, When Klaw was defeated, Killmonger’s father died and his family was exiled by T’Challa. During his time in exile, Killmonger became a very powerful warrior and genius within the tech realm by studying at MIT. He eventually contacted King T’Challa and was repatriated back to Wakanda, settling in a village that would later change its name to N’Jadaka Village in his honor. He then took advantage of Black Panther’s frequent absences in America with the Avengers to stage a coup d’état.

Although Killmonger has a special kind of hatred for supervillain Ulysses Klaw (Andy Serkis) who we met in Avengers: Age of Ultron, it’s entirely possible that he decides a team-up between the two is the best way to force Wakanda back to its ancient roots. Klaw isresponsible for the murder of his father, but since it’s been confirmed that Andy Serkis is returning for Black Panther, he could possibly be the second foe. Or the second villain could be someone else entirely, as time will tell.

Doctor Strange opens November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on May 5, 2017;Spider-Man: Homecoming following July 7, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017;Black Panther – February 16, 2018; Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – May 4, 2018; Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel– March 8, 2019; Avengers: Infinity War Part 2– May 3, 2019; and as-yet-untitled Marvel movies on July 12, 2019, and on May 1, July 10, and November 6 in 2020.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
black-panther-movie-story-setting-timeline-details-194266.jpg

Marvel Studios has started their Phase 3 initiative off on a strong foot, thanks to the mega-success of Captain America: Civil War. That film, covering a violent ideological schism between Captain America and Iron Man, led to many Marvel Cinematic Universe superheroes having to choose sides of the debate - while a few new MCU heroes like Spider-Man and Black Panther were thrown into the middle of the fray.

T'Challa/Black Panther was a particularly big part of Civil War's story - and actor Chadwick Boseman managed to give him a captivating regal nobility and fierceness that definitely sold mainstream audiences on the idea of Marvel launching a standalone Black Panther movie.

Directing this big screen adventure is Creed's Ryan Coogler, who has made it clear that - from the subject matter to the tone - Black Panther will be a different sort of Marvel movie. As with all MCU films, the details of Black Panther are being kept under wraps - but script writer Joe Robert Cole (The People vs. O.J. Simpson) was recently dropping a few details about what we can expect to see in the film, as well as where/when it takes place.

In speaking with /Film, Cole revaled that Black Panther will pick up shortly after the events of Civil War:

"Our standalone movie will begin shortly after Civil War ends. So we’ll be able to see him mourning and him starting to take command as king of his own nation. Lots of things are going to occur within regards to that. The country will be under threat from inside and out so we’ll learn what Wakanda is, that nation, as the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. Also, as Wakanda’s rise to prominence happens, it will affect the MCU moving forward which is really exciting.”

While a lot of the discussion surrounding Black Panther has focused on diversity (a cast that's majority black actors), or its unique cultural setting (an African nation), there's been less focus on Wakanda's position within Marvel lore - specifically, its status as the world's most technologically advanced nation. We already saw how Ultron used Wakanda's vibranium (the MCU's most valuable metal) for terrible purpose; if the actual technology of Wakanda begins to play a bigger role in things, it could mean serious upgrades for both the heroes and villains of the MCU.

black-panther-movie-wakanda--194267.jpg

(Photo: Marvel Comics)

However, Cole isn't letting the more fantastical elements of Black Panther's world (the tech) distract him from the opportunity to shed light on the rich culture and history of Africa:

“Africa is such a huge nation,” Cole said. “There are so many countries, each of them with different histories, mythologies, and cultures but what we tried to do was hone in on some of the history, some of the cultural influences and then extrapolate out in our technology, extrapolate out in how we see Wakanda and the different parts of the country and the culture of the country as well. So we wanted to root it in reality first and then build out from there, so we’d feel pretty authentic and grounded.”

We already discussed how Luke Cage's setting in Harlem will give Marvel rich insight into African-American community and culture, but the African homeland has only Black Panther to do it justice. Luckily, Coogler is a proven director, Cole seems to have his storytelling mind in the right place, and the cast is stacked with talent, including Boseman, Creed stary Michael B. Jordan, Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong'o and Walking Dead star Danai Gurira. If ever there was a blockbuster "Black Movie" worth getting excited about, Black Panther is it.

Doctor Strange arrives November 4, 2016; Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – May 5, 2017; Spider-Man: Homecoming– July 7, 2017; Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017; Black Panther – February 16, 2018; Avengers: Infinity War – May 4, 2018; Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018; Captain Marvel– March 8, 2019; Avengers 4 – May 3, 2019; and as-yet untitled Marvel movies on July 12, 2019, and on May 1, July 10, and November 6 in 2020

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/10/black-panther-movie-story-setting-characters-timeline/

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Black Panther Working Title Revealed

Fans will have to wait a bit to see Black Panther return to theaters. The iconic superhero will slink back into cinemas in July 2018 when the solo Black Panther film premieres. Filming on the movie is slated to begin next January, and now, we have finally learned what its working title is.

The working title of Black Panther has officially been coined as ‘Motherland.’ Of course, the name clearly alludes to the story of Black Panther and its focus on Wakanda. The fictional country is often referred to as the hero’s motherland, so does this mean the film will similarly hone in on the African nation?

Well, yes - but we already knew that.

The cast and crew behind Black Panther have been open about the film’s focus in interviews. Chadwick Boseman (T’Challa/Black Panther) told Yahoo! Movies the film willdepict the hero’s origins.

“You’re going to learn about Wakanda, its culture, its traditions, the past,” he said. “You can go through all the comic books and know that there’s more Panthers that have existed in the past - that’s origin.”

Director Ryan Coogler also talked about the film and said the standalone will start shortly after the end of Captain America: Civil War. He told /Film that fans will see T’Challa mourn the loss of his father and explore his new powers as Wakanda’s king.

"Our standalone movie will begin shortly after Civil War ends. So we’ll be able to see him mourning and him starting to take command as king of his own nation. Lots of things are going to occur within regards to that. The country will be under threat from inside and out so we’ll learn what Wakanda is, that nation, as the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. Also, as Wakanda’s rise to prominence happens, it will affect the MCU moving forward which is really exciting.”

To do the origin of Black Panther right, there will need to be a heavy focus on Wakanda itself. The nation is very closely associated with Black Panther, and Wakanda’s hi-tech equipment has made the country one of the most advanced in the Marvel Universe. In the comics, Wakanda defends itself against foreigners to breed its intentional isolationist state. However, Black Panther and the Wakandan people begin to gradually connect with the outside world after years of concealment.

Coogler talked about how the film’s creation of Wakanda would align with its comic book roots while still mirroring real-world culture.

“Africa is such a huge nation,” Cole said. “There are so many countries, each of them with different histories, mythologies, and cultures but what we tried to do was hone in on some of the history, some of the cultural influences and then extrapolate out in our technology, extrapolate out in how we see Wakanda and the different parts of the country and the culture of the country as well. So we wanted to root it in reality first and then build out from there, so we’d feel pretty authentic and grounded.”

blackpanthermovie-191922.png

The film will be directed and co-written by Ryan Coogler. The cast features Chadwick Boseman (42) as Black Panther/T'Challa, Danai Gurira (The Walking Dead) as Okoye, Michael B. Jordan (Fantastic Four) as Erik Killmonger, and Lupita Nyong’o (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) as Nakia.

Black Panther hits theaters on July 6th, 2018.

http://comicbook.com/2016/10/18/black-panther-working-title-revealed/