‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler briefly detained and handcuffed Was Mistaken for a Bank Robber: Update Full Interview with Teller Erica Glass

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah, but a note and a large amount is suspicious. It just is.

I understand your point but this is 2022

Pandemic time

A black man walking into a bank with a n95 mask and hood in 2000

would not have been able to even enter the bank.

Ryan ain't do nothing wrong ACCEPT MAYBE SORTA KINDA should have went to the desk IF they were open.

She feels suspicious?

Get up call the manager.

Done

How hard is that.

I've had that done to ME for some regular old bullshit

In fact hold on I just remembered my parents sent me to the bank hand written not to do some deposit transfer stuff.

Young black kid with cash and a handwritten note on legal paper...this was late 80s probably

Nothing happened.

We in 2022

homeboy gave ID debit card and PIN with a FRIENDLY note.

Not saying GIVE ME THE MONEY

But I'm making a withdrawal and here are all my credentials

He ain't write or say don't scream

In fact he would have been fine with the manager

he just didn't want to make a big deal about it.

Wtf is suspicious about that?

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Anything over 10K is treated to extra scrutiny. Sometimes over 3K.

Understood honeysuckle

But are police and handcuffs and being detained in a cop car standard protocol?

Extra scrutiny is calling a manager over.

And where was all this extra security when he WALKED IN THE BANK WITH A MASK AND HOOD ON AND NO ONE SAID SH*T?

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
You'd think 'Wakanda' director would be banking black, but i guess that's perfect world thinking.
In fairness to the man, perhaps he does have money at a black bank, many folks utilize multiple banks. BOA is all over the country though, so might be just easier to have some bread there to get to it, utilize private client perks, etc.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In fairness to the man, perhaps he does have money at a black bank, many folks utilize multiple banks. BOA is all over the country though, so might be just easier to have some bread there to get to it, utilize private client perks, etc.

^^^^^

And let me say this unlike in the case of BOA?

If this had happened in a black Bank?

Black folk for another 100 years would use it as an excuse to not only never ever bank black?

But to do NEVER do business with black folk period

But with a white bank?

Incidents like this, including unfair lending practices, constant data breaches etc won't make one person black or white

Hesitate doing business with them now or in the future

Funny how that works

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I understand your point but this is 2022

Pandemic time

A black man walking into a bank with a n95 mask and hood in 2000

would not have been able to even enter the bank.

Ryan ain't do nothing wrong ACCEPT MAYBE SORTA KINDA should have went to the desk IF they were open.

She feels suspicious?

Get up call the manager.

Done

How hard is that.

I've had that done to ME for some regular old bullshit

In fact hold in I just remembered my parents sent me to the bank hand written not to do some deposit transfer stuff.

Young black kid with cash and a handwritten note on legal paper...this was late 80s probably

Nothing happened.

We in 2022

homeboy gave ID debit card and PIN with a FRIENDLY note.

Not GIVE ME THE MONEY

But I'm making a withdrawal and here are all my credentials

He ain't write or say don't scream

In fact he would have fine with the manager he just didn't want to make a big deal about it.

Wtf is suspicious about that?

You asked why it was a high risk transaction. Anything over 10k is considered high risk.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You asked why it was a high risk transaction. Anything over 10k is considered high risk.

Ok I understand that thank you

I was confused because when I heard this story

Apparently the teller said the screen showed a warning on that transaction

But then it was said she flagged the transition HERSELF.

So I was unclear who or what flagged the transaction

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
If he knew he was going to make a large withdrawal, why not call your account manager in advance and inform them?
I would never make such a large withdrawal through the teller.
Passing a note saying "be discreet" was the wrong choice of words as well.

He doesnt have to make special arrangements to withdraw his OWN MONEY, since the bank literally WORKS FOR HIM.

Almost every bank in the US offers special accounts with special treatment when you keep a daily balance of 50k or more.

Coogler's account had to be one of those, yet they violated the terms of it because the teller had "baby brain"?

Yeah, he got paid, the teller and manager got reprimanded or fired and all employees nationwide got training to address this situation.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
Bruh… you just didn’t watch the video all the way. I work with a bunch of white folks and they were offended too. The teller is an idiot who didn’t read the note correctly. Back manager is also an idiot because he overreacted and called the Police. Cops are fucked up becasue their SOP is always messed up when it comes to black people.

I just took 10k out the bank a few weeks ago to pay off my contractor and all the teller asked me to do was lower my mask so they could verify it with my ID. This was a bank I never been to and I was on the white side of town.

Took me less than 10 minutes.

Dude WTF?!

This is NOT a guy that looks for the spotlight. Not Coogler nor Marvel nor Disney nor MGM has absolutely no need for publicity.

oNE
bruh this has nothing to do with race, this has to do with status and how ryan has does not know proper banking options, what's wrong with his mobile status, if he wanted that kind of money, why didn't he called the bank manager ahead of time to arrange that transaction,

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Jesus fucking christ.

We was in Atlanta working on a movie. (apparently this happened in January) He lives in California Was he supposed fly out his personal banker or have someone arrange an appointment to take out 12 thousand fucking dollars?

No, him running in and grabbing 12 grand to pay a medical assistant that prefers to be paid in cash should be no big deal. White people do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME, to pay contractors, to purchase cars, participate in estate auctions or whatever. NO ONE BLINKS AN EYE or tells them they need to set up special meetings with personal bankers. A personal banker would likely laugh at someone wanting to set up an appointment to take out 12 grand. they deal in investments and hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

at the same time, Coogler didn't want to announce to the whole fucking bank that he was taking out that amount and he didn't want them counting it out front where everyone can see/hear how much money is about to be withdrawn. He said HE wanted to be discreet, meaning he just didn't want his business all over the bank.

Whichever one of yall that said the 911 caller thought the police should have been called is a fucking moron. listen to that shit again. The whole time she sounds like "why is this even an issue?"
dispatcher asks is this an actual customer?
asks is he has a weapon?- "I didn't see one"
confirms that none of the information about him has been verified- (the teller even says that he presented his debit card, pin and cali ID AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE NAME because she was "so shook up" (but wasn't shook up enough to say that she was uncomfortable, he was weird and gave a description of what he had on...)

The dispatcher then says "maybe he just wants to be discreet, but I have police en route"

and an extra FUCK YOU to whoever said "Good job officer" as he was being cuffed. I know whatever movie he makes after BP2 is bout to be lit.

I can't get jiggy with any of you that are saying that this is in any way coogler's fault and not 110% the teller and manager. The manager should have gone over the details, called the teller an idiot and given this man his money. As it is, they both need to be busted down to janitorial staff.

Last edited:

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a personal banker.

She cannot be everywhere i am nor can she be available all times.

Im sure BOA aint his only bank. Its national, so he has access to cash whenever he needs it.

They fucked WAY up.

EXACTLY. Why should he have to have a personal banker to get his own money or schedule an appointment? They did this bc he was black man asking for $12000 which was from his account (Which they did not believe in the first place). Aint No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I've been in situations like this and they usually ask for you to wait for a manager or put you to the side so they can assist you further if it's a large amount.

Last edited:

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
If he knew he was going to make a large withdrawal, why not call your account manager in advance and inform them?
bingo

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jesus fucking christ.

We was in Atlanta working on a movie. (apparently this happened in January) He lives in California Was he supposed fly out his personal banker or have someone arrange an appointment to take out 12 thousand fucking dollars?

No, him running in and grabbing 12 grand to pay a medical assistant that prefers to be paid in cash should be no big deal. White people do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME, to pay contractors, to purchase cars, participate in estate auctions or whatever. NO ONE BLINKS AN EYE or tells them they need to set up special meetings with personal bankers. A personal banker would likely laugh at someone wanting to set up an appointment to take out 12 grand. they deal in hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

at the same time, Coogler didn't want to announce to the whole fucking bank that he was taking out that amount and he didn't want them counting it out front where everyone can see/hear how much money is about to be withdrawn

Whichever one of yall that said the 911 caller thought the police should have been called is a fucking moron. listen to that shit again. The whole time she sounds like "why is this even an issue?"
confirms that none of the information about him has been verified- (the teller even says that he presented his debit card, pin and cali ID AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE NAME because she was "so shook up" (but wasn't shook up enough to say that she was uncomfortable, he was weird and gave a description of what he had on...)

The dispatcher then says "maybe he just wants to be discreet, but I have police en route"

and an extra FUCK YOU to whoever said "Good job officer" as he was being cuffed. I know whatever movie he makes after BP2 is bout to be lit.

I can't get jiggy with any of you that are saying that this is in any way coogler's fault and not 110% the teller and manager. The manager should have gone over the details, called the teller an idiot and given this man his money. As it is, they both need to be busted down to janitorial staff.

Agree 100%. Lotta bans talking about woulda, coulda, shoulda. Fuck that teller and manager and anyone who thought he should've done something different.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
Jesus fucking christ.

No, him running in and grabbing 12 grand to pay a medical assistant that prefers to be paid in cash should be no big deal. White people do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME, to pay contractors, to purchase cars, participate in estate auctions or whatever. NO ONE BLINKS AN EYE or tells them they need to set up special meetings with personal bankers. A personal banker would likely laugh at someone wanting to set up an appointment to take out 12 grand. they deal in investments and hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

at the same time, Coogler didn't want to announce to the whole fucking bank that he was taking out that amount and he didn't want them counting it out front where everyone can see/hear how much money is about to be withdrawn

accept the fact that coogler does not need to do this to get his money, he had better options

cnc

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Jesus fucking christ.

at the same time, Coogler didn't want to announce to the whole fucking bank that he was taking out that amount and he didn't want them counting it out front where everyone can see/hear how much money is about to be withdrawn. He said HE wanted to be discreet, meaning he just didn't want his business all over the bank.

Right, 911 gave her MULTIPLE opportunities to reassess the situation to determine if it was REALLY as bad as she was making it out to be.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
First off, I think it was a publicity stunt, thru brother should have call the bank manager and ahead of time to set it up so they will be no misunderstanding or attention drawn to him

bruh this has nothing to do with race, this has to do with status and how ryan has does not know proper banking options, what's wrong with his mobile status, if he wanted that kind of money, why didn't he called the bank manager ahead of time to arrange that transaction,

lex-luthor-wrong.gif

Holy downward spiral

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man oh man

@largebillsonlyplease @ViCiouS @woodchuck @godofwine

I want the video and tape recording of the police captain and bank executives....

JANUARY 2022 BANK OF AMERICA

ATLANTA GEORGIA

Later that same day...

A Robbery? Did they get away? How much money was involved? Was anyone hurt?

No no no it appears to be a mix up.

Wtf does that mean?

Well someone tried to make a large withdrawal but the teller felt it was suspicious

Oh ok ok 20k or something

No no 12k

Ok makes sense no ID etc I get it.

No ummm the gentleman had iD a bank card etc

Oh ok delinquent funds?

No ummmm he had much more

Oh fraud damn ATL scammers, How much more?

No umm fraud sir the client legitimately had over 6 figures in several different accounts

I'm confused

The teller felt uneasy.

Oh sh*t please don't tell me it's some BLM Karen sh*t please...

No no no the teller was a pregnant black woman

Oh great!

The esteemed client was African American sir

What that mean esteemed?

Well he is a director in Hollywood.

Spike Lee? You got Spike Lee handcuffed?

No no no not him sir.

I'm not sure if your familiar with him his name is Ryan Coog...

BLACK PANTHER MUTHAFUKA????

WTF! Who doesn't know Black Panther !? You had Black Panther handcuffed?

Well sir you seem confused he is just the director...

Confused? Nigga what? He is the director of one of the highest grossing movies of all time? Confused? This was a BLACK TELLER?!?

Yes. But sir he gave her a handwritten note

What it say?

Paraphrasing he wanted to make a 12k withdrawal but didn't want to call attention

He threatened her!?

No no no

He didn't have ID?

No no he gave her his ID his bank card and PIN I'm SURE she reviewed it closely.

What the f*ck more she want DNA?

It was over 10K. all transactions of that ...

Fool its 12K not uncut vibranium. WTF? Did she see how much was in his account currently?

Yes.

And she flagged it anyway?

Yes sir but she went to the manager

Good good. So what HE do? He went to speak to Black Panther?

No sir he called the police?

What you mean no? That's his job. That's what we pay him for. Teller has an issue goes to the manager and done.

He was concerned apparently.

So He called 5-0 on T'Challa?!?

Yes I mean no sir the police were called and they handcuffed and detained Mr. Coogler and his associates briefly.

Briefly?

Yes.

You ever been handcuffed in the back of a police car?

No.

Ain't no briefly about it. Y'all had Black Panther arrested. The cops had to handcuff him? They aint at least look at his ID confirm who he was? What in the name of the multiverse...

Sir just to be clear there was no violence and we cleared everything up.

You think this is over? You called po nine on Black Panther. Fire the manager.

Sir actually Mr. Coogler is the director Chadwick Bos...

The late great.

Ummm Yes Apologies the late great chadwick baseman was actually the Black P...

Shut the f*ck up

Yes sir

If yall knew so much we wouldn't be in this mess.

You know that mouse gonna rape us right?

Sir I don't understand?

Mickey. F*CKING. Mouse. Is. Going. To. Rape. Us. And Feige gonna watch

I understand

No, you don't. They not only gonna f*ck us. But every single got damn one of our variants too. And if you think I'm going to be banned from Dr. Strange cause of you colonizers? You out your got damn mind.

Yes sir of course sir. But *ha* you could always watch on Disney + *ha* little joke sir

Imma bury you with your ancestors you talk like that again.

Yes sir. Wakanda Forever.

What I just say?

Sorry sir.

Is Mr Coogler OK?

Yes. And the pregnant teller...

Nah nah nah that baby stuff only gonna go so far. Did she at least fake contractions or go into labor when she found out she f*cked up?

She was upset.

Wandavision or Encanto level upset?

I'd say Wandavision I haven't seen the other one yet.

You should great music. And best part?

Yes sir?

We didn't almost get Lin Manuel Miranda shot in back for asking if we could break a 50. Now get the f*ck out my office. I can hear that mouse unzipping his trousers already.

Last edited:

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'd have loved to have heard the debriefing with the teller, manager, bank security, and cops...and how they (teller and mgr) explained that although Ryan provided ID, withdrawal slip, card, and pin, this was considered a potential robbery...cuz he seemed weird.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
I'd have loved to have heard the debriefing with the teller, manager, bank security, and cops...and how they (teller and mgr) explained that although Ryan provided ID, withdrawal slip, card, and pin, this was considered a potential robbery...cuz he seemed weird.
brothers with his kind of money don't bank that way esp when u want to withdraw that kind of money

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
His peers who also have accounts with numerous banks apparently have competent Tellers that actually look at ID presented. That's the difference here.
his rich peers don't deal with bank tellers to withdraw large sums of money, you think ava duvnay stands in line with a slip in her hand ready to talk to ateller

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
his rich peers don't deal with bank tellers to withdraw large sums of money, you think ava duvnay stands in line with a slip in her hand ready to talk to ateller

There you go making ASSumptions that don't apply here.

Still think it's a "publicity stunt"?

Another one of your ASSumptions :lol:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not super relevant at all, but calls get dispatched prior to all of the info being added all of the time. A calltaker is supposed to enter a call once they have enough info to establish what type it is. And it's not like they have discretion, because if you decide not to send an officer when one is requested, no matter how trivial or stupid something might sound, that accountability lands right in your lap.

To me, it sounds like the person who took the call was the only one that had any real sense and tried to do the right thing.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not super relevant at all, but calls get dispatched prior to all of the info being added all of the time. A calltaker is supposed to enter a call once they have enough info to establish what type it is. And it's not like they have discretion, because if you decide not to send an officer when one is requested, no matter how trivial or stupid something might sound, that accountability lands right in your lap.

To me, it sounds like the person who took the call was the only one that had any real sense and tried to do the right thing.

It's relevant to the sheer incompetence of the Teller

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
brothers with his kind of money don't bank that way esp when u want to withdraw that kind of money

But he did this time and that's all that matters...so whether he's the only one to ever request money that way or not, that's irrelevant.

I doubt we know his typical banking practices, but he followed protocol, that the bank established.

If you have a teller who won't even look at the name on the id, before calling the cops, THAT'S the problem.

What I'm REALLY surprised by, is your statement ..

"bruh this has nothing to do with race, this has to do with status and how ryan has does not know proper banking options"

In this country, it damn near is ALWAYS about race.

In this scenario, the teller was showing how she's been programed to see black men as a threat...and not to see them as someone with that type of money.

TX4lyfe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man oh man

@largebillsonlyplease @ViCiouS @woodchuck @godofwine

I want the video and tape recording of the police captain and bank executives....

JANUARY 2022 BANK OF AMERICA ATLANTA GEORGIA

A Robbery? Did they get away? How much money was involved? Was anyone hurt?

No no no it appears to be a mix up.

Wtf does that mean?

Well someone tried to make a large withdrawal but the teller felt it was suspicious

Oh ok ok 20k or something

No no 12k

Ok makes sense no ID etc I get it.

No ummm the gentleman had iD a bank card etc

Oh ok delinquent funds?

No ummmm he had much more

Oh fraud damn ATL scammers, How much more?

No umm fraud sir the client legitimately had over 6 figures in several different accounts

I'm confused

The teller felt uneasy.

Oh sh*t please don't tell me it's some BLM Karen sh*t please...

No no no the teller was a pregnant black woman

Oh great!

The esteemed client was African American sir

What that mean esteemed?

Well he is a director in Hollywood.

Spike Lee? You got Spike Lee handcuffed?

No no no not him sir.

I'm not sure if your familiar with him his name is Ryan Coog...

BLACK PANTHER MUTHAFUKA????

WTF! Who doesn't know Black Panther !? You had Black Panther handcuffed?

Well sir you seem confused he is just the director...

Confused? Nigga what? He is the director of one of the highest grossing movies of all time? Confused? This was a BLACK TELLER?!?

Yes. But sir he gave her a handwritten note

What it say?

Paraphrasing he wanted to make a 12k withdrawal but didn't want to call attention

He threatened her!?

No no no

He didn't have ID?

No no he gave her his ID his bank card and PIN I'm SURE she reviewed it closely.

What the f*ck more she want DNA?

It was over 10K. all transactions of that ...

Fool its 12K not uncut vibranium. WTF? Did she see how much was in his account currently?

Yes.

And she flagged it anyway?

Yes sir but she went to the manager

Good good. So what HE do? He went to speak to Black Panther?

No sir he called the police?

What you mean no? That's his job. That's what we pay him for. Teller has an issue goes to the manager and done.

He was concerned apparently.

So He called 5-0 on T'Challa?!?

Yes I mean no sir the police were called and they handcuffed and detained Mr. Coogler and his associates briefly.

Briefly?

Yes.

You ever been handcuffed in the back of a police car?

No.

Ain't no briefly about it. Y'all had Black Panther arrested. The cops had to handcuff him? They aint at least look at his ID confirm who he was? What in the name of the multiverse...

Sir just to be clear there was no violence and we cleared everything up.

You think this is over? You called po nine on Black Panther. Fire the manager.

Sir actually Mr. Coogler is the director Chadwick Bos...

The late great.

Ummm Yes Apologies the late great chadwick baseman was actually the Black P...

Shut the f*ck up

Yes sir

If yall knew so much we wouldn't be in this mess.

You know that mouse gonna rape us right?

Sir I don't understand?

Mickey. F*CKING. Mouse. Is. Going. To. Rape. Us. And Feige gonna watch

I understand

No you don't. They not only gonna f*ck us. But every singke got damn one of our variants too. And if you think I'm going to be banned from Dr. Strange cause of you colonizers? You out your got damn mind.

Yes sir of course sir. But *ha* you could always watch on Disney + *ha* little joke sir

Imma bury you with your ancestors you talk like that again.

Yes sir. Wakanda Forever.

What I just say?

Sorry sir.

Is Mr Coogler OK?

Yes. And the pregnant teller...

Nah nah nah that baby stuff only gonna go so far. Did she at least fake contractions or go into labor when she found out she f*cked up?

She was upset.

Wandavision or Encanto level upset?

I'd say Wandavision I haven't seen the other one yet.

You should great music. And best part?

Yes sir

We didn't almost get Lin Manuel Miranda shot in back for asking if we could break a 50. Now get the f*ck out my office. I can hear that mouse unzipping his trousers already.

Sound like the teller can’t follow simple instructions and doing way too much. She said every time she ask a question he said look at the note, and bitch can’t handle that simple request.