2024 BET Awards Remy Ma , Tanner Adell , Coco Jones , MeaganGood , Halle Bailey , Chloe Bailey , Victoria Monét , Megan thee Stallion, Tyla Ice Spice

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So overall, this year’s BET Awards was a course correction from last year. Step one, establish a dress code, the idea is black excellence — hire a stylist, rent a tux, get you a gown but under no circumstances are you to show up tonight dressed like you’re heading to a ratchet pool party. And speaking of ratchet, everything in moderation, small doses go a long way, there’s no need to feature Sexxy Red, Sukihana, AND Ice Spice. That’s OD ratchet, dial it down.
And finally, let’s call on our legends to help class up the event. Here’s to Will Smith, Debbie Allen, and Usher for showing up. It looks like a much better production this year, which is great because there was a time when the BET Awards were appointment television.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man this shit different. Nigerian parents can’t raise their kids with them old ass Nigerian ancient values lol…
Bruh. It’s noted he said he’s from the Igboo tribe. That’s not on a map. That’s the most ancient value you can find. They believe they r one of the 12 tribes of the Bible. It says His name means “god is king” and that’s the stage name he uses.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh. It’s noted he said he’s from the Igboo tribe. That’s not on a map. That’s the most ancient value you can find. They believe they r one of the 12 tribes of the Bible. It says His name means “god is king” and that’s the stage name he uses.
I get what you’re saying lol…..I’m Igbo as well technically because my dad is. But I ain’t never stepped foot in Nigeria lol. One look at this dude and I can tell he’s more VA than Nigerian. One look at Burna Boy and you can tell where he’s from.

Shaboozey from VA his parents were from Nigeria lol.

Tyler the Creator, Chamillionaire, Wale….you telling me Wale ain’t DC because his parents Nigerian lol? Weird ass Tyler Nigerian? :lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

86774429-0-image-a-15_1719814305615.jpg

86767159-0-image-a-16_1719814433985.jpg

86774539-0-image-a-18_1719814892940.jpg

86774551-0-image-a-19_1719814907086.jpg

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I get what you’re saying lol…..I’m Igbo as well technically because my dad is. But I ain’t never stepped foot in Nigeria lol. One look at this dude and I can tell he’s more VA than Nigerian. One look at Burna Boy and you can tell where he’s from.

Shaboozey from VA his parents were from Nigeria lol.

Tyler the Creator, Chamillionaire, Wale….you telling me Wale ain’t DC because his parents Nigerian lol? Weird ass Tyler Nigerian? :lol:
since when did northern Virginia become country. Had a better chance living in West Virginia.

Country is a music genre originating in the southern regions of the United States, both the American South and the Southwest. First produced in the 1920s, .

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
since when did northern Virginia become country. Had a better chance living in West Virginia.

Country is a music genre originating in the southern regions of the United States, both the American South and the Southwest. First produced in the 1920s, .
Alright man you pushing the goal post lol. You initially said a African was making country music I was just saying he’s more American then traditional Nigerian which is why he sound more like country than Burna or Wizkid.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
She getting better with age.

She needs to do more doggystyle scenes like that quick one in episode 1 of Swarm.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Alright man you pushing the goal post lol. You initially said an African was making country music I was just saying he’s more American then traditional Nigerian which is why he sound more like country than Burna or Wizkid.
I ain’t pushing nothing. My whole point is what does he know about country music culture. My family is from the Carolina’s but that ain’t even the same country culture as the country westerners.

Key word is “country” and “western” music.
The southern east is gospel to soul music.
The south west is blues to country.