2024 Chicago Bears Offseason Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I realized today that we have four preseason games instead of the typical three, because of the HOF game

I thought we still only played three and was checking to see when we played Saturday.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I realized today that we have four preseason games instead of the typical three, because of the HOF game

I thought we still only played three and was checking to see when we played Saturday.
GNqK5dDWQAA4SFe.jpg:large

The CBS Sports app says the Bears/Bills game this Sat will be on NFLN.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
When you consider that former Raiders WR Tim Brown was returning punts even after he became an established #1 WR,I'm okay with Odunze doing it.
I think he'd do well, but we have alot of options too. I honestly think he can/will be WR2 by the end of the season as well (barring injury). Not sure if I would risk him as a FT returner cuz I think he's more valuable on offense.

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Caleb looks good so far. Only had a couple of pass attempts on the first drive but he looked to pass when the protection broke down. Good to see that in action vs reading about or against college comp.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Can one of you brothers give me a real recap on how Caleb looked in the first quarter I was on a plane and missed it.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Can one of you brothers give me a real recap on how Caleb looked in the first quarter I was on a plane and missed it.

I think he looked good. He looked good getting in and out of the huddle. Was in shotgun and under center a few times. Made a few wow throws and ran the operation, no problem.

Also had a good feel for the pocket and was sudden with his movements in there (stepping up into the pocket when pressed, moved well on bootlegs).

I'll say this: his release and quickness decision making are different (in a good way).

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
I think he looked good. He looked good getting in and out of the huddle. Was in shotgun and under center a few times. Made a few wow throws and ran the operation, no problem.

Also had a good feel for the pocket and was sudden with his movements in there (stepping up into the pocket when pressed, moved well on bootlegs).

I'll say this: his release and quickness decision making are different (in a good way).
How was the o line ? Was he under pressure a lot ?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
How was the o line ? Was he under pressure a lot ?
I felt like they gave up pressure a few times, but I didn't really notice them all that much which means they did their jobs ok.

But CW also navigated the pocket well enough to negate that and avoid the pressure.

Waldron also called a few RB screens and bootlegs, which helped.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Trash when it came to pass blocking and they were solid in run blocking. That O line worries me, I don't know if they will be able to protect Caleb.
I feel you. But as long as they can stay relatively healthy and actually suit up, I have hope.

Williams' ability to stay out of trouble by navigating the pocket and getting the ball out + Waldron's play calling will also play a huge factor. I've already seen more RB screens then in 2 seasons under Getsy.