Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
How did Booker look?

I see he got 2.5 sacks :eek2:

I've heard he's looked like a steal in the fifth so far

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I think that's what they're shooting for. They're really dying to find a spot for him, but he's got to be an asset and not a liability.

I think his problems are from the neck up. Sometimes he plays like he's got no confidence.
I sound like I'm joking suggesting this, but I'm kinda serious. I wonder if he could use his 4.3 speed as a blitzer. Just send him to the qb.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
How did Booker look?

I see he got 2.5 sacks :eek2:

I've heard he's looked like a steal in the fifth so far
He's flashed both of the preseason games. I dunno how many reps were against the other teams starters, but he's def shown speed, tenacity and a high motor. He's noticeably quick twitch and I haven't seen him get bullied.

Last game I also saw him drop back off the edge and into coverage a few times and pursue the ball carrier. He can def move for his size.

Last edited:

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
I felt like they gave up pressure a few times, but I didn't really notice them all that much which means they did their jobs ok.

But CW also navigated the pocket well enough to negate that and avoid the pressure.

Waldron also called a few RB screens and bootlegs, which helped.

Sounds promising.
We will def know week 4 when they play Kansas.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Sounds promising.
We will def know week 4 when they play Kansas.
Pretty sure that last game vs, Chiefs will be all backups. I wouldn't be surprised if the only qb's we say play are the 3rd and 4th stringers-Brett Rypien and Austin Reed.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
Trash when it came to pass blocking and they were solid in run blocking. That O line worries me, I don't know if they will be able to protect Caleb.
Truly sounds like a Justin story.
This is what I didn't want to hear.
Buffalo don't have a great D, we got time though.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I don't mean to disrespect a veteran, but do we really need TE Marcedes Lewis at 40 on the roster? Those young CAC TE's-Carlson, Sweeney and Bates have all shown flashes that they could likely effectively back up Kmet and Gerald Everett.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I don't mean to disrespect a veteran, but do we really need TE Marcedes Lewis at 40 on the roster? Those young CAC TE's-Carlson, Sweeney and Bates have all shown flashes that they could likely effectively back up Kmet and Gerald Everett.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from. I guess they see him as the quintessential, dependable blocking tight end. But those other guys really have stepped up like you mentioned. It's going to be interesting to see how that pans out.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Roschon Johnson should be the last Bear to wear 23 with Devin now inducted into the HOF. JMHO.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
They even scout the refs with the QB :eek2: Try to get in good. They're going to be around for a while. I was thinking they obviously don't do that in the NBA :smh:

I like the words Rome said to the high school kids

Ian Wheeler, he had a good game on Saturday. I hope he at least makes it on the practice squad.

The NFL needs to get HBO's cameras

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Making the hall of fame doesn't retire your number

A retired number to me is something like Walter Payton and Mike Singletary
Being the GOAT at your position, in combination with being elected to the HOF because you were and still are the GOAT at your position, especially because it was done (almost primarily) in a Bears uniform are number retire qualifications, IMO.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Didn't realize the delay on Hard Knocks, that explains when I first tried to play it last night it started on episode one again. I was wondering what the fuck was going on, but by the time I exited out and went to the series, episode two must have bene made available.

I'm really enjoying it so far.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Didn't realize the delay on Hard Knocks, that explains when I first tried to play it last night it started on episode one again. I was wondering what the fuck was going on, but by the time I exited out and went to the series, episode two must have bene made available.

I'm really enjoying it so far.
Are you streaming it or watching on cable?

Yea seems like the app stream was delayed by almost an hr, and ppl were PISSED!