2024 Chicago Bears Season Thread

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Producers of the HBO series “Hard Knocks,” which featured the Bears this summer, accompanied Rypien on his way out of town and asked him for his parting thoughts on the organization as he prepared to join one of its chief rivals.

“This team is gonna do special things this year,” Rypien said of the Bears. “There’s a lot of special people in that building.”

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
..they talked themselves into keeping him cuz of the position switch. But: HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED ON RETURNS. He just CANT. They can no longer risk putting him back there his fuckups ruin the whole teams momentum.

I want to like him, but he sucks

If he can actually catch the ball he's a good returner, but he's too damn inconsistent

He bobbled a ball in the preseason

He has no hands. He should have ran track.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I want to like him, but he sucks

If he can actually catch the ball he's a good returner, but he's too damn inconsistent

He bobbled a ball in the preseason

He has no hands. He should have ran track.
Or be a gunner exclusively. Use his speed to get down the field and made tackles. But no team is playing someone for that who can’t catch.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL Gold Member
Johnson got lucky that ball didn’t have any air under it. Good recovery to make a play, though.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Same ol Bears.. Smh lol
I'm willing to give the offense some time. I'm going to show some patience with Caleb because hes a rookie. He was close on the out and up to Allen, just needs to put some more touch on the pass. Same for the pass to Carter. Those are easy fixes that can be cleaned up.

This team has the talent to make the playoffs and that the expectation for me.

First half was a rough watch.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL Gold Member
Poles needs to finally accept he made a mistake like he did with Claypool and move on from Velus
On Hard Knocks it seemed like he was more talked to into that decision and put faith in his running back coach that it was a good decision and that things would be different. I think he even knew it was too big of a gamble but again, he put faith in his team.