Air Fryers. No oil frying. How many use one?

JamesATL

Lurker
BGOL Investor
e165b175-1bed-4e27-bf6f-69483ed8367a_1.077ce10d125a4c03576fafd3839b054d.jpeg

whats different from this and a regular $50-75 convection oven?

th

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Amazon reviews are questionable. Saying it's pretty much a convection oven and that it bakes not fries. These are the reviews from the highest rated Phillips model.

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Amazon reviews are questionable. Saying is pretty much a connection oven and that it bakes not fries. These are the reviews from the highest rated Phillips model.
If you fry chicken or any other meat in the air fryer it will have the same texture and taste as a deep fried meat minus the oil. Your chicken for example will have a crispy outside and moist inside.

Honestly, some people are idiots and put to much meat into the air fryer by piling it up which prevents the circulation of air that Air frys the food.

You can bake food in the air fryer but you will have to turn the temperature down to under 360 degrees. Once over 360 degrees it will fry all foods.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
no oil foreal?????

but you still use breading?
If by breading you mean flour, then yes. If you season your flour and chicken you will not taste the difference between deep friend and air fried. I don't always use flour as I make buffalo wings sometimes. What you will notice is the taste of oil in deep fried foods vs the air fryer. After about my 3rd batch I can't tell the difference any longer as I have learned how to really use the air fryer. When I asked people to taste the difference they could never pick right. I assume they thought the air fried meat was deep fried because of the crispy texure.

French fries and onion rings I could not taste the difference between deep fried and air fried. The air fryer ended up winning to me.

Fish I could not taste any difference at all. Like the fries I could not tell which was fried and deep fried.

fame3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It cooks fast,
I made baked fried chicken, shake and bake pork chops, grilled cheese, toast, bagels toasted,bacon,

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Amazon reviews are questionable. Saying is pretty much a connection oven and that it bakes not fries. These are the reviews from the highest rated Phillips model.
con
If you fry chicken or any other meat in the air fryer it will have the same texture and taste as a deep fried meat minus the oil. Your chicken for example will have a crispy outside and moist inside.

Honestly, some people are idiots and put to much meat into the air fryer by piling it up which prevents the circulation of air that Air frys the food.

You can bake food in the air fryer but you will have to turn the temperature down to under 360 degrees. Once over 360 degrees it will fry all foods.

Won't you get the same result cooking the same food in a oven though?

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
con

Won't you get the same result cooking the same food in a oven though?
Nope. Not even close to the same consistency. When it comes to foods that are deep fried the Air Fryers are un matched with delivering the taste and texture of fried foods without the oil.

When it comes to baked foods you will also find the Air Fyer does a better job on some foods than a conventional oven. Mainly due to the way the Air Fryer cooks the food. If you like fried foods but want a healthy alternative then it is a great investment. If you eat mainly baked foods then it may not be something you would need.

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I almost bought before but said fuck it I didn't trust it but have been curious.

After these positive reviews I'll try it, I've blown more money on a lot dumber shit before so........
What I found interesting is that I lost 5lbs this week. Didn't do anything different from my normal routine but use the Air Fyer. I guess eating chicken and fish with no oil was the difference.

storm_shadoh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking of buying one as well. Just trying to pick the right model. Love the taste of fried food but getting up there in age gotta find a substitute or cut it out completely.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking of buying one as well. Just trying to pick the right model. Love the taste of fried food but getting up there in age gotta find a substitute or cut it out completely.
I actually lost 5lbs with this week and I was Grubbin down some chicken and fish..lol

I got the Faberware from Walmart. In all the research I have done most either had the Faberware or Phillips version.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

just reading this thread and the reviews I think I'm sold.

I can't believe I never heard of this before.

but so far the Faberware seems to be the ONE.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That and the Phillips. I got the Faberware because of the reviews and it was at Walmart. I was like fuck it let me try it out. To my surprise it was a great investment.

storm_shadoh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah just got turned on to it myself seems like a godsend.
That and the Phillips. I got the Faberware because of the reviews and it was at Walmart. I was like fuck it let me try it out. To my surprise it was a great investment.
Thanks Turd just the info I needed. I'll look into both.