Amazon Prime Video starts showing ads in January unless you pay $2.99/month extra

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I honestly barely used that shit.
Their UI is worst then Disney+, their movie selection is mostly shit.

They better be glad that shit comes preloaded with a Prime account or I'd canceled that shit outright years ago.

And the moment they even start hinting that they want it to be a complete separate service I'm out.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
They're all trying to nickel and dime us to death

There are no ads on my Plex server

We have a lil 32 inch tv in the kitchen.. its a amazon based tv and i was watching it a couple of weeks ago...i forget what show but they had started running ads where they wanted to while i was watching, i just turned it off n started watching on netflix..i tell u what, if my wife or the kids dont pay for that shit...ill just go jn the basement for the shows i wanna see...oo well..it was just a matter of time i guess...i understand how they doing this, they looked at netflix and said they wanna stay ahead of the curve...n e way ooo well...business is business..

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We have a lil 32 inch tv in the kitchen.. its a amazon based tv and i was watching it a couple of weeks ago...i forget what show but they had started running ads where they wanted to while i was watching, i just turned it off n started watching on netflix..i tell u what, if my wife or the kids dont pay for that shit...ill just go jn the basement for the shows i wanna see...oo well..it was just a matter of time i guess...i understand how they doing this, they looked at netflix and said they wanna stay ahead of the curve...n e way ooo well...business is business..
Wait until the ebooks get hit with ads and other nefarious games. You can only read about Frederick Douglass when you pay your light bill with Amazon Soul.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

They better be glad that shit comes preloaded with a Prime account or I'd canceled that shit outright years ago.

And the moment they even start hinting that they want it to be a complete separate service I'm out.
Bruh, your Prime account … never mind.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

They have no need to separate the 2.99 makes that clear...but their selection is trash like you said! Most of those companies to me are trash! A show here n there...netflix has them beat but im sure over the next few years many may be improving!

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Yo these fucks are greedy as hell.

I see this type of shit happening with TV and video games.

My nephew was just playing the new MW3 and they've made it so pay to win.

They slow your progression on the battlepass to encourage you to pay to complete it and now they've added zombie mode back to it they do everything to persuade you to buy operator bundles just so you'll have a more fun and enjoyable gaming experience.

Shit is hella wicked.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
I'm cancelling all of these motherfuckers.
I tried being an adult and give up my pirate ways.
People still use Rapidshare?
giphy.gif

BoxEater

Talking shit and looking at pussy with the fellas
BGOL Investor
They're all trying to nickel and dime us to death

There are no ads on my Plex server

Me and the Wife literally just had a convo abouy canceling some of our streaming services. The nickel and diming gotta stop

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Meanwhile this big vein headed faggot spent 600 million on a fucking yacht and 42 million on a clock built into a mountain that ticks once a year . Fuck this piece of shit

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wait a minute hold up.....
Amazon already owns & has an ad provided movie app
Its called "FreeVee"
Its does the same as Amazon prime, except its free, supplemented by them showing ads
So why should I pay extra for Prime ???

IMDB-TV-to-Rebrand-As-Amazon-Freevee.jpeg

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
The recent change for how videos play now makes sense. It used to be if you watched a video, it stopped after the movie ended and if I was watching a series, after the 5th or so episode it would ask if you are still watching. It still ends for channel content like Hallmark and britbox, but prime video content will go from one movie to the next similar movie as of a couple of weeks ago.

So when I watch MIB it doesn't stop it goes to MIB 2, MIB 3, Bad Boys and some other stuff. I own all the MIB but I've never watched Bad Boys and don't own it via Amazon.

It seems they plan on getting ad revenue regardless of whether or not people are actually actively viewing content.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
Here's the ultimate pump fake:
I have an Amz account but not not a Prime account. They always hit you with the 30 day trial. Aight...so if you're buying something and they are giving you a discount plus free shipping then take the deal. Cancel the subscription after you purchased whatever and you still have 29 days of Prime left. Do with that what you please. They won't charge your card unless you agree to keep the subscription open.
You can still bounce prices off of Walmart and Ebay for free shipping most of the time.
I do the trial whenever something that I want drops to a decent price and then cancel right after.

Last edited:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nope. I don't watch a lot of Amazon movies or shows, but I'll just push mute during those stupid ass commercials.

YouTube is doing the same shit, ramping up the frequency of those annoying ass commercials, even the ones like vrbo, with no actual 'commercial.'

Fuck em. Not paying

I had the trial of YouTube premium for a while, at least 30 days. They hooked me. I can't go back to commercials.

Just paid my first 13.99. I've ran them for an ungodly amount of watch time although I just have it on in the background.

150 for a year's worth of entertainment since I work from home 3 weeks a month is acceptable. And I can always go back to free or try to ad block on my tv.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
See this is some bs....

Netflix introduced a cheaper ad plan and left their customers that were paying for UHD alone....

Prime just said yall are automatically the ad plan and pay me more for no ads.....that's fucked up

I aint gonna lie..they can keep that junk...not like they have a bunch things to entertain from my perspective! Netflix got that on lock

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So this shit applies to Paramount Plus too!!!!!!

I watch a lot of old Survivor seasons that are on Paramount Plus. This commercial shit is lame AF!!!!

There are other ways to watch Survivor episodes, but you can't get all the episodes in HD.

Bezos 'nem need they ass beat for this commercial shit.

I'm probably going to end up paying the 3. I was like Martin at first, but fuck it, gonna pay it. :smh:

cheap-martin.gif

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
I had the trial of YouTube premium for a while, at least 30 days. They hooked me. I can't go back to commercials.

Just paid my first 13.99. I've ran them for an ungodly amount of watch time although I just have it on in the background.

150 for a year's worth of entertainment since I work from home 3 weeks a month is acceptable. And I can always go back to free or try to ad block on my tv.
I just discovered last month, that there are countries where it is illegal for YouTube to show ads. Moldova is one. I have a PIA VPN subscription, and they have servers in Moldova. I set my server to Moldova and fired up Youtube, and I'll be damned if it didn't work, no ads. I tested this on my phone and my PC and it works. I haven't bothered to set it up on my TV because I use a 3rd party YouTube app on there anyway that skips all ad-related content.

As far as Prime, I've had Prime for years because of the free shipping, I put those boys to work bringing everything from Louisiana hot sauce to toilet paper to toothbrushes. I save time, gas, and wear and tear on my truck. Prime Video, I never watch anyway. They may put one good series/movie on there a year. If they do come out with something good, I just download it the day after it drops and put it on Plex. Plex has me so spoiled with not having to view ads, I don't even watch regular tv or any free/pay streaming service. I've got 1022 movies on there, 102 TV shows, 21 cooking shows, 87 cartoons, 78 stand-up comedy acts, 108 anime/cartoon movies, 51 Westerns and the list grows every day. I'm a pirate I ain't payin shit.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
G
I just discovered last month, that there are countries where it is illegal for YouTube to show ads. Moldova is one. I have a PIA VPN subscription, and they have servers in Moldova. I set my server to Moldova and fired up Youtube, and I'll be damned if it didn't work, no ads. I tested this on my phone and my PC and it works. I haven't bothered to set it up on my TV because I use a 3rd party YouTube app on there anyway that skips all ad-related content.

As far as Prime, I've had Prime for years because of the free shipping, I put those boys to work bringing everything from Louisiana hot sauce to toilet paper to toothbrushes. I save time, gas, and wear and tear on my truck. Prime Video, I never watch anyway. They may put one good series/movie on there a year. If they do come out with something good, I just download it the day after it drops and put it on Plex. Plex has me so spoiled with not having to view ads, I don't even watch regular tv or any free/pay streaming service. I've got 1022 movies on there, 102 TV shows, 21 cooking shows, 87 cartoons, 78 stand-up comedy acts, 108 anime/cartoon movies, 51 Westerns and the list grows every day. I'm a pirate I ain't payin shit.

Gonna renew my VPN and try this