Any Euro '24 (Soccer) discussion thread in here yet?

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the game with my Mum. We both say Kane is living off of his name and past. The only reason I feel that he has not been retired is because England has quite a young team at the moment and a lot of them would have been youngsters dreaming of playing for England and now they are in that position with Kane as the captain. I can only think that it was for motivation because he was never in the right place and could not keep pace with the younger players, looked like a goal hanger to me, just about manging to keep himself the correct side of offside if the4 ball got to him.
Yeah he did more damage playing hurt/tired than if he just sat out. As captain though he would have never been able to go home after that if he sat.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I watched the game with my Mum. We both say Kane is living off of his name and past. The only reason I feel that he has not been retired is because England has quite a young team at the moment and a lot of them would have been youngsters dreaming of playing for England and now they are in that position with Kane as the captain. I can only think that it was for motivation because he was never in the right place and could not keep pace with the younger players, looked like a goal hanger to me, just about manging to keep himself the correct side of offside if the4 ball got to him.

Past his beat before date. In the interview after the match he said "a lot of tired legs and a tired mentalities, bitch your a professional football player, if that the case them overpayed prima-donnas need to do an extra 10 laps of the park!

I disagree, the commentators have been genuinely singing the praises of the players who have excelled regardless of race or ethnicity. Saka is going to be groomed for a fabulous career and TV personality/commentator if he wants after he hangs up his boots. He comes across well on the camera in interviews.
“Tired leg and tired mentalities” is rich coming from him. Cole Palmer prolly chuckled but I digress.

As for player blame, I think commentators do a good job in the moment giving praise where needed, however once the papers are printed and the tweet bots are unleashed, that’s where we see the ugly side of the English media. The word “FAILURE” will be smeared w/ black faces, I have no doubt.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lamine went public with his snow queen after they won.
87347525-0-image-m-9_1721035624972.jpg

madgoose

International
International Member

352d5b53a8694d9f9f90f60b6e512d6f_md.jpg

I would have put money on some sought of violence kicking off.

England marching on Berlin?

And less than a 6 weeks after the 80th anniversary of the D-Day landings on Normandy beach?

No bookie with in their right mind would take that bet!

I'm surprised that there was not more trouble to be honest.