Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member

JPMorgan warns 86 million customers they might have to start paying for their bank accounts​

Chase Bank customers could see some additional charges in the not too distant future.

The Wall Street Journal reports the country’s biggest retail bank is warning that it might begin charging customers for their accounts. That would impact some 86 million customers.

The potential charges, says Marianne Lake, CEO of Consumer & Community Banking at JPMorgan, are a result of new regulatory rules that cap overdraft and late fees. Kae says Chase will be passing along those increased expenses to customers, which would put an end to now-free services such as checking accounts and wealth-management tools. And she says she expects other banks will follow suit.

The threat of charging for once-free services isn’t a new one. Over a decade ago, many banks said they would add a service fee onto debit cards because of regulatory changes. Few actually did, though, as the feared a consumer revolt.

That could happen again, especially as consumers struggle with inflation and higher costs of living, but it’s not certain.

The new rules would cap credit card late payments at $8 and overdraft charges at $3. New capital rules would also require them to hod more reserves against mortgages and credit card loans, which could impact consumer loan potentials, banks warn.

“It is not practical for many of the services to be free if we won’t be able to draw from those profit pools,” Lake said.

Of course, whether those rules will go into effect could depend on the results of the November election. Donald Trump could strike them down or dilute them. And banks have brought lawsuits to prevent them from going into effect. Some of those cases are currently pending before judges.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

In this video, I tackle the fears surrounding price fluctuations in the stock market, particularly the emotions we face as investors due to volatility. I'll guide you through effective strategies, ensuring you stay focused on your financial goals. Lastly, I wrap up with the crucial mindset of staying the course, so you can ride out the highs and lows of investing.

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:33 Understanding Stock Market Fluctuations
02:08 Managing Risk with Diversification
06:23 How To Avoid Volatility
09:30 Cross-Asset Diversification Benefits
15:20 How To Accept Volatility
18:14 Stay The Course
21:20 Community and Final Thoughts

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Nvidia, Apple, Amazon, Google and Tesla have all carried out stock splits across the recent years, and have all benefit from returns thereafter. But could an innocuous event such as a stock split really contribute to boosting the returns of the Magnificent 7?

★ ★ CONTENTS ★ ★
0:00 Are Stock Splits the Secret Sauce?
0:55 Why Split Your Stock?
4:10 Investor Sentiment
5:30 The Signalling Hypothesis
7:58 Investor Attention Hypothesis
8:40 Behavioural Finance Theory
9:30 Do Stock Prices Rise After Splits?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

Marianne Lake is full of shit! When the people start moving their funds from these shitty ass banks, their attitudes will change.

Marianne Lake warned that rules to cap overdraft and late fees from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will make regular banking significantly more expensive for Americans.
She said Chase would have to charge its 86 million customers for now-free services like checking accounts if the rules become law.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Thanks for sharing.

It's definitely one of the best feelings. As the saying goes - "letting the money work for you" (just investing it and letting it quietly compound).

Knowing that it's the long game ... saving for your future.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor

*Disclosure - don't own INTC directly. Do own AMD, NVDA*

INTC has to pull through on their manufacturing processes (probably said this before). It's the catalyst that can really drive their SP. The big question is WHEN and can they take business from TSM. Profitability on the foundry business is a bit concerning, especially when they're being attacked in all segments...NVDA, AMD, ARM in client, data center, graphics. Plus, Pat G is a salesman. Hard to trust what he says.

AMD and Lisa Su believes that AI has a $400B TAM by 2027. They need a piece of that. Gaming, client, graphics...cyclical. and right now, it's not a revenue generator. Does that change with the release of new chips in 2H 2024? :dunno: would take a quarter or two to be realized.

I'm going to ride AMD a bit longer. And keep DCA'ing those semi ETFs. I don't get the SP of $ARM but I'm too chicken to buy puts. NVDA was going to buy ARM for $40B... Now ARM is $190B market cap. :idea:

Last edited:

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
*Disclosure - don't own INTC directly. Do own AMD, NVDA*

INTC has to pull through on their manufacturing processes (probably said this before). It's the catalyst that can really drive their SP. The big question is WHEN and can they take business from TSM. Profitability on the foundry business is a bit concerning, especially when they're being attacked in all segments...NVDA, AMD, ARM in client, data center, graphics. Plus, Pat G is a salesman. Hard to trust what he says.

AMD and Lisa Su believes that AI has a $400B TAM by 2027. They need a piece of that. Gaming, client, graphics...cyclical. and right now, it's not a revenue generator. Does that change with the release of new chips in 2H 2024? :dunno: would take a quarter or two to be realized.

I'm going to ride AMD a bit longer. And keep DCA'ing those semi ETFs. I don't get the SP of $ARM but I'm too chicken to buy puts. NVDA was going to buy ARM for $40B... Now ARM is $190B market cap. :idea:
Always appreciate your semiconductor insights. Thanks.