Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
SCHG looks good. The more I learn about the Schwab ETFs, I'm impressed.

I have SPYG in my taxable account, which looks really similar, except it tracks the S&P Growth Index (same expense ratio, similar total holdings, I think the top 10 are the same). The returns aren't too far off from each other.

In that account I use SPYG as the spot for steady long-term growth and to funnel gains into over time.
Cool. I'll read up on this one.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice, I have SCHG in my ROTH. I got rid of SCHD though.
SCHG looks good. The more I learn about the Schwab ETFs, I'm impressed.

I have SPYG in my taxable account, which looks really similar, except it tracks the S&P Growth Index (same expense ratio, similar total holdings, I think the top 10 are the same). The returns aren't too far off from each other.

In that account I use SPYG as the spot for steady long-term growth and to funnel gains into over time.
Just looked at the holdings for these 2. Thanks for sharing.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

With cash earning 5% or more and intermediate-term bonds earning less than 5%, many have asked me if they should move all of their fixed-income portfolios to T-bills.
In this video, I share why I think that would be a big mistake.

Timestamps

0:00 - Should Cash Replace Bonds In A Retirement Portfolio?
1:00 - Interest rates
3:53 - Credit risk
7:15 - Interest rates on shorter/longer maturity
9:58 - Recession
11:02 - Annual Returns on Investments spreadsheet
15:38 - The 4% Rule
17:25 - Recap

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Looking for the best Vanguard fund for your age and experience level? Watch this video to learn all about the best Vanguard funds to help you with your investments. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced investor, These funds are worth considering! #investment #vanguard #fund #voo #vgt

00:00 - Intro
01:05 - Why Vanguard?
01:55 - Who This is For
02:41 - Beginner
06:41 - Recession Info
07:13 - Bio
08:10 - Intermediate
11:19 - Pros

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Yesterday, expectations of a September Interest Rate Cut by the Fed Triggered a Huge Rotation in the Stock Market. Large Cap Tech Stocks ($MSFT, $NVDA, $TSLA, $AAPL, $AMZN) sold off while previously unloved small cap stocks ($IWM) and rate sensitive sectors like Real Estate, Industrials, Financials and Materials rebounded significantly

What does this mean for the bull market. Should investors sell tech stocks and start buying cyclical rate sensitive stocks instead? Find out in this video

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member

Good listen.

"...You make money during the day, you build wealth in your sleep. Thats why they call making money during the day, making a living. Most people are obsessed with making a living, but not necessarily a life.

You build wealth in your sleep, stocks, bonds, investments, home ownership, small business ownership, I believe education qualifies for that. You build wealth in your sleep. It's a compounding mechanism."

** Not my quote - It was in the video.

More notes from video:

https://www.arielinvestments.com/ - Black owned investment company.

Buy the worst house on the best block in a working-class neighborhood. Near jobs, transportation, economic activity and commerce. (Hospitals, universities)
Buy it, rehab it. hold contractors accountable - weekly updates

Use HELOC (could be tax deductible) or use a bank to get a mortgage/construction load to buy home and rehab - Rent it.

In 2 years, take equity from the home and buy a 3rd home in same area (nothing fancy) and repeat.

** I like the mortgage/construction approach. If you can avoid placing your primary in the bank's crosshairs, do it.

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good listen.

...You make money during the day, you build wealth in your sleep. Thats why the call making money during the day, making a living. Most people are obsessed with making a living, but not necessarily a life.

You build wealth in your sleep, stocks, bonds, investments, home ownership, small business ownership, I believe education qualifies for that. You build wealth in your sleep. It's a compounding mechanism.
Yup

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

How Do Commission-Free Platforms Make Money?

With an increasing number of platforms eliminating trading commissions and platform fees, many investors are left wondering how these businesses stay afloat. This video unravels the economics behind commission-free investing platforms and explores what it means for our investment strategies and portfolio growth.

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:32 Revenue Sources for Investment Platforms
07:55 Trading Commission
09:09 Platform Fees
11:20 Platform-Managed Portfolios
12:52 Interest on Uninvested Cash
14:30 Currency Conversion Fees
16:15 Stock Lending
17:59 Contracts for Difference
18:47 Payment for Order Flow

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

How long does it take to become a millionaire? In this video, we'll do the math to see how much you need to save each month to become a millionaire.

Timestamps

0:00 - Here's How Long It Takes To Become A Millionaire
0:38 - Spreadsheet/Returns
1:53 - Time
3:12 - Power of Compounding
5:56 - $35 a month/Inflation
6:52 - Control
7:42 - Investment Advisors
8:41 - Financial Freedom

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

im-708375

Commission free Brokers are allowing Ken Griffin to build the most expensive house in the world in Florida.

Citadel Securities generated $2.3 billion of net trading revenue in the first three months of 2024, setting the market-making firm up for a potentially record year as it expands in new assets classes and geographies.

Citadel Securities takes the top spot when it comes to payment for order flow (PFOF), forking out $2.6 billion in 2020 and 2021 according to 606 reports gathered by the US’ Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC).

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its clear the markets wants the republicans to win. How does this make you feel? I really wouldn't care if repubs won it wasn't trump running. On the other hand i invest for a reason.