Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
No reason to sell or panic.. im soo use to this market...and i only been in a few years now..unless you are in shit stocks...why leave..shitted buy more if you can
... or like most days I just do nothing. I'm not agile enough for anything too complicated anyway. Just try to park money a few times a month in good companies like you said, and let it ride.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

Rivian Automotive guides for modest gross profit in Q4​

Rivian Automotive (NASDAQ:RIVN) traded slightly higher on Tuesday after reporting Q2 results and updating on its 2024 outlook. Revenue rose in Q2 to $1.16 billion, but gross profit losses increased year-over-year primarily due in part to a reduction in average selling prices, accelerated depreciation, and less efficient absorption of labor, overhead, and depreciation associated with lower volume as a result of direct downtime from the plant retooling upgrade partially. Those factors were offset by increased vehicle deliveries and reductions in materials costs.

The company announced that it produced 9,612 vehicles at its manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois during Q2 and delivered 13,790 vehicles during the period. The electric vehicle maker noted that production and delivery results during the quarter were in line with the company's own expectations.

Total operating expenses in the quarter increased to $924 million from $873 million a year ago. Adjusted EBITDA in Q2 was -$860 million vs. -$892 million consensus and -$861 million a year ago. Gross profit per unit delivered improved sequentially to -$32,705. Capital expenditures were $283 million, compared to $255 million a year ago.

On the balance sheet, Rivian Automotive (RIVN) had a cash position of $7.87 billion at the end of the quarter. The cash position includes $1 billion of an unsecured convertible note issued to Volkswagen International America in association with the announcement of the planned joint venture with Volkswagen Group. The remaining $4 billion of potential incremental investment from Volkswagen is subject to the completion of the definitive agreements, the achievement of certain milestones, and the receipt of regulatory approvals. Including the capacity under RIVN's asset-based revolving-credit facility, the company ended the quarter with $9.18 billion of total liquidity.

"We made significant progress driving greater cost efficiency, enhancing our products, further strengthening our balance sheet, validating the differentiated nature of our technology stack, and establishing new business opportunities. We believe the introduction of the second generation R1 and expected partnership with Volkswagen Group1 will fundamentally improve Rivian’s long-term profit trajectory and growth profile. The technical workstream to prepare the integration of Rivian electrical architecture and software technology stack into Volkswagen Group products is moving along very well."

Looking ahead, Rivian (RIVN) noted that it took significant steps towards its profitability targets through some of the changes the company made to the R1 platform. Rivian (RIVN) expects to start seeing the impact of those changes in the second half of the year and expects to reach a modest gross profit in Q4 of this year. For the full year 2024, Rivian (RIVN) management reaffirmed guidance for annual production of 57,000 total vehicles. RIVN also anticipates full-year adjusted EBITDA of -$2.7 billion and capital expenditures of $1.2 billion.

Shares of RIVN fell 3.75% in the postmarket session after gaining 1.30% during the regular session. Short interest on RIVN stands at 12.8% of the total float. Rivian Automotive (RIVN) will hold an earnings conference call at 5:00 p.m. Elsewhere in the EV sector, Tesla (TSLA) was up 0.9% on Tuesday, while Lucid Group (LCID) moved 3.0% higher.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No reason to sell or panic.. im soo use to this market...and i only been in a few years now..unless you are in shit stocks...why leave..shitted buy more if you can
And why in God’s name would you invest in shit stock? Would you invest in shit water? Would you purchase shit food? So why the hell would you buy a garbage ass company? If I can buy Shake Shack, why would I buy McDonald’s? I’m not saying I don’t have shit positions, but those positions were an actual gamble.

The majority of my stocks have a dividend.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Rocket Lab reports Q2 Investors Report

Presentation
Code:
https://s28.q4cdn.com/737637457/files/doc_financials/2024/q2/FINAL-Rocket-Lab-Q2-2024-Earnings-Presentation.pdf

My favorite highlights:

Archimedes has completed hot fire testing and new engines are already in production
Neutron is now scheduled for mid 2025
Launch pad and infrastructure in VA are progressing
M&A targets are still being analyzed. Any acquisition will be to fill gaps in vertical integration and revenue potential.

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Rocket Lab reports Q2 Investors Report

Presentation
Code:
https://s28.q4cdn.com/737637457/files/doc_financials/2024/q2/FINAL-Rocket-Lab-Q2-2024-Earnings-Presentation.pdf

My favorite highlights:

Archimedes has completed hot fire testing and new engines are already in production
Neutron is now scheduled for mid 2025
Launch pad and infrastructure in VA are progressing
M&A targets are still being analyzed. Any acquisition will be to fill gaps in vertical integration and revenue potential.

Sounds good to me... Thanks the update.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

While many investors focus on capital gain, where you buy low and sell high, for some investors the focus is on income. So in this video, we look at the reasons for that, both good and bad, and I’ll show you where we can find the best income from index funds right now.

Timestamps
00:00 Introduction
00:22 Why Choose Income Paying Funds
04:45 High Dividend Yield Stock Funds
08:41 Real Estate and Infrastructure Funds
10:29 High Yield Corporate Bonds
13:52 Emerging Market Sovereign Bonds
15:38 Covered Call Funds
18:36 Problems
20:00 Conclusion

HellBoy

Platinum Member
The latest earnings reports from Rivian Automotive (NASDAQ: RIVN) and Lucid Group Inc (NASDAQ: LCID) made two things clear. The first is that pure play EV makers are continuing to struggle, burning a ton of cash along the way. The second is that having wealthy backers makes the difference between survival and bankruptcy, the latter being the one that the wealthy-backer-free Fisker declared in June.

:idea:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

HellBoy

Platinum Member
I have good knowledge of a DoD contractor with over 20k employees that uses CrowdStrike. Their systems were affected, but were back online within a few hours. This was due to good disaster recovery (DR) policies, backups, patch management and knowledgeable Admins. Several of these companies that suffered long outages most likely have antiquated infrastructure and poor DR.

Yea, Crowdstrike's QA process is to blame for the issue, but I don't see these companies being made whole via these lawsuits. CrowdStrike admitted their errors, but will argue they offered assistance, but the companies were not agile enough to take advantage.

*I could be wrong though. Judgements are a toss up these days.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have good knowledge of a DoD contractor with over 20k employees that uses CrowdStrike. Their systems were affected, but were back online within a few hours. This was due to good disaster recovery (DR) policies, backups, patch management and knowledgeable Admins. Several of these companies that suffered long outages most likely have antiquated infrastructure and poor DR.

Yea, Crowdstrike's QA process is to blame for the issue, but I don't see these companies being made whole via these lawsuits. CrowdStrike admitted their errors, but will argue they offered assistance, but the companies were not agile enough to take advantage.

*I could be wrong though. Judgements are a toss up these days.
yea these lawsuits could be tricky, crowdstrike has to play it just right so they can continue to do business with the companies long term. If not these companies will be switching to someone else.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
yea these lawsuits could be tricky, crowdstrike has to play it just right so they can continue to do business with the companies long term. If not these companies will be switching to someone else.
True. There are pro and cons to switching to companies or products that will say anything during AoAs. If they do switch out, I hope they vet the product as well as their support well.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

I've decided to move most of our checking account funds to the Fidelity Cash Management Account. In this video I'll walk through why I'm making this move.

Timestamps
0:00 - Fidelity Cash Management Account
1:45 - SPAXX
4:43 - FDIC Insurance/Partner Banks
7:54 - Downsides
10:36 - Other money market funds
11:40 - Finance Buff article
12:17 - Recap

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Yes, I plan on having 2,000 shares by year end.

I'd use stagnant over worthless. :cool:

I'm tryna get up there too (about 650 atm). DCAing so the price action is cool with me while I'm slowly still trying to build a position.

It's def a spec, but I think the company is interesting and don't mind throwing the money in their direction. It's not for everybody.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Yes, I plan on having 2,000 shares by year end.

I'd use stagnant over worthless. :cool:

I'm tryna get up there too (about 650 atm). DCAing so the price action is cool with me while I'm slowly still trying to build a position.

It's def a spec, but I think the company is interesting and don't mind throwing the money in their direction. It's not for everybody.