Anyone On Here Play The Piano?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Currently practicing on the Arturia KeyLab 88 MkII Controller. For now I just hook it up to my bass amp through my macbook.

Screenshot-20230616-195922-Chrome.jpg

Eventually I plan on getting the Yamaha Clavinova CVP-805 for my studio.

Screenshot-20230616-200011-Chrome.jpg

Anybody else play piano?

snPvig.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Coldchi Cold, post your practice vids on piano here. Currently I;m working on the gospel song Just a Closer Walk With Thee. The Mahalia Jackson version.

rePzl8.jpg

aight.
im learning a couple new songs now..........normally it takes me around 3 days to get it down .
but i'll post it next week.....
Im trying my best to mimic my playing style like Rodney East.........the brotha is a beast.....
when it comes to voicings and harmonizing,....noone can do it better....

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
aight.
im learning a couple new songs now..........normally it takes me around 3 days to get it down .
but i'll post it next week.....
Im trying my best to mimic my playing style like Rodney East.........the brotha is a beast.....
when it comes to voicings and harmonizing,....noone can do it better....
That's what's up man. I'm proud of your progress. Keep up the excellent work. :thumbsup:

cHdKWt.jpg

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Not that great but I can string together a few chords with prep time. But yeah this fall I wanna dive back into playing the keyboard again. To me, nothing is more zen.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Played a bit in the late-80s as a kid. Wasn't very good.

My older cousin (around 46-47yo now) always had musical aptitude. Played in a band in high school, and has played piano and guitar since childhood. He's a music teacher now for an elementary school that 2 of his 4 children attend, and he ran their annual music concert this past December. It was pretty impressive watching him lead a stage of K - 7 students. He was on guitar, his older son was on guitar, and younger son on drums. The kids are also big into football and soccer, so it's cool to see them balancing out their hobbies & interests. His sons are around 11 and 9, and the other kids are 16 & under 2yo.

He still keeps the side hustle of teaching piano & guitar. Plus it pays really well, he's been doing it for over 25 years & the clients come directly to him for teaching when his schedule's open.

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Played keys for years but have concentrated on just playing bass the last 20 or so years. Sold all my keyboards and studio gear.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Jimmy Jam talking about the minimoog. Only 250 new ones will be sold. @respiration Now Res, I can get this is a plugin right?

b9CV6D.jpg

Yes you can.

Moog Model D. I've had it for iPad. Your mention of it made me download it for my Mac as well.

The Moog apps work on both iOS and Mac Silicon. So if you get it for one, you only have to pay once to use it on both. I've got Model 15 and Animoog-Z (favorite) too.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yes you can.

Moog Model D. I've had it for iPad. Your mention of it made me download it for my Mac as well.

The Moog apps work on both iOS and Mac Silicon. So if you get it for one, you only have to pay once to use it on both. I've got Model 15 and Animoog-Z (favorite) too.
Good stuff. Now do you use Pro Tools Studio? That's the DAW I'm getting.

JKpQgW.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this is the song im currently learning how to play.....

I really need to find that Rhodes patch so i can have that authentic sound for this song.....
but if not,....i'll just have to go with a combination of 80's FM, JV EP+, and Atk Flute....

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You might can get something close with NeoSoul Keys.
I just peeped a youtube vid.....and it looks like my workstation actually has a rhodes sound....but its not named "rhodes" in my library...
Its just "Pure EP, Pure Wurly, Pure EP Trem, etc"
It sounds very close.......plus this guy here just helped me with establishing the combination of some patches i want to blend and try out....

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I just peeped a youtube vid.....and it looks like my workstation actually has a rhodes sound....but its not named "rhodes" in my library...
It sounds very close.......plus this guy here just helped me with establishing the combination of some patches i want to blend and try out....

Pretty cool indeed. Go for it. Some of the lead sounds dude pulled out at the end of the vid were fresh too.

Check this out. This is what I've used a lot for Rhodes sound when recording over the past few years.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
this is the song im currently learning how to play.....

I really need to find that Rhodes patch so i can have that authentic sound for this song.....
but if not,....i'll just have to go with a combination of 80's FM, JV EP+, and Atk Flute....

Man the arrangements on this song is crazy!!! Bob James is a fuckin genius

DzOBKO.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Damn that's funky. :yes:

KnxQtv.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh shit, I didn't know you played the Sax as well? :clap::clap::clap: Are any of those Selmer Paris? Those are the ones I'm getting. Selmer Paris Reference and Selmer Paris Supreme

Zh3L4i.jpg
Ive been playing the Sax for 37 years......since i was 9.
And i can play every woodwind except the flute.
I also have a clarinet here as well.
One is a Yamaha....the others are Lazarro and Mendini.
MEM4TQI_o.jpg

MEM4TQK_o.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Ive been playing the Sax for 37 years......since i was 9.
And i can play every woodwind except the flute.
I also have a clarinet here as well.
One is a Yamaha....the others are Lazarro and Mendini.
MEM4TQI_o.jpg

MEM4TQK_o.jpg
Man them pieces are as cold as ice!!!!! Love it man. Definitely gonna hit you up for some assistance when I get mine!!!!

eV9Gty.jpg