Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

YOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

uBbD4L.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
@Coldchi. Got an interesting question for you. While I was getting my guitar restrung ar Guitar Center I went in the back to mess with the keyboards and synths a bit. I played a Yamaha keyboard (can't remember the particular model) but I do remember the price was $4400. It reminded me of my Yamaha Clavinova 805 in terms of feel that I play in my home studio. Interestingly enough I then went over to the Nord stage 4 piano and played it. To my surprise I didn't like how it felt AT ALL!! When I switched to 7th chords it was uncomfortable. I couldn't play right like I'm use too. Not sure if it's a different in size in the keys but Yamaha feels more comfortable for my big hands. I may just be a Yamaha guy. I was looking into a stage piano as well for when I start performing outside of my studio. I know your a big guy as well. I was eying the Nord 4 but I'm not so sure after sitting down with it. Yamaha makes excellent stage pianos as well. What are your thoughts on all of this? Do certain brands feel different and more comfortable?

xl8i4R.jpg

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@Coldchi. Got an interesting question for you. While I was getting my guitar restrung ar Guitar Center I went in the back to mess with the keyboards and synths a bit. I played a Yamaha keyboard (can't remember the particular model) but I do remember the price was $4400. It reminded me of my Yamaha Clavinova 805 in terms of feel that I play in my home studio. Interestingly enough I then went over to the Nord stage 4 piano and played it. To my surprise I didn't like how it felt AT ALL!! When I switched to 7th chords it was uncomfortable. I couldn't play right like I'm use too. Not sure if it's a different in size in the keys but Yamaha feels more comfortable for my big hands. I may just be a Yamaha guy. I was looking into a stage piano as well for when I start performing outside of my studio. I know your a big guy as well. I was eying the Nord 4 but I'm not so sure after sitting down with it. Yamaha makes excellent stage pianos as well. What are your thoughts on all of this? Do certain brands feel different and more comfortable?

xl8i4R.jpg
For a while, they all felt uncomfortable because I was so used to playing my Roland. But now, they all kinda feel the same.
Now if it's a keyboard that doesn't have weighted keys....I don't even bother with it. Feels like it's not even a real keyboard if the keys aren't weighted......throws me all off.

When i do buy another keyboard, it'll either be a Roland Fantom or the Yamaha MX88

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
For a while, they all felt uncomfortable because I was so used to playing my Roland. But now, they all kinda feel the same.
Now if it's a keyboard that doesn't have weighted keys....I don't even bother with it. Feels like it's not even a real keyboard if the keys aren't weighted......throws me all off.

When i do buy another keyboard, it'll either be a Roland Fantom or the Yamaha MX88
Yeah. Maybe if I played if a little while longer it would have felt more comfortable. But it was just interesting cause that other Yamaha felt great.

sQsodk.jpg

BoxEater

Talking shit and looking at pussy with the fellas
BGOL Investor
I need something to practice. I would love some chops/progressions to freestyle. Any ideas? I can read music

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I need something to practice. I would love some chops/progressions to freestyle. Any ideas? I can read music
Do you ever try practicing some of your favorite songs? Will help with ear training to assist in creating your own sound and will help with hand syncopation.

NA6kSD.jpg

BoxEater

BGOL Investor
Do you ever try practicing some of your favorite songs? Will help with ear training to assist in creating your own sound and will help with hand syncopation.

NA6kSD.jpg
Last song I really studied and mastered was Moonlight Sonata, but that was 15 years ago. Super easy (quarter and eighth notes). I need something easy and beautiful to practice

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Last song I really studied and mastered was Moonlight Sonata, but that was 15 years ago. Super easy (quarter and eighth notes). I need something easy and beautiful to practice
Don't worry about it being easy or hard. Practice things that are appealing to your ear and rhythm. That will help you with creating your own sound. That should be the ultimate goal. Think of some more songs you like and learn the chords on Youtube. Get an understanding of different sounds and combinations of single notes.

mczXfB.jpg

BoxEater

BGOL Investor
Don't worry about it being easy or hard. Practice things that are appealing to your ear and rhythm. That will help you with creating your own sound. That should be the ultimate goal. Think of some more songs you like and learn the chords on Youtube. Get an understanding of different sounds and combinations of single notes.

mczXfB.jpg
You got any YouTube channel recommendations?