Apple bending nikkas over again, no lube...no lube... no homo...pause

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Many school systems get pimped out by Apple on the cheep...just to create legions of sheeple addicted to the brand..life long.

giphy.gif
Or..

Believe it or not

Some people don't like Android.

I know you can't imagine anyone not liking it, I mean only a sheep wouldn't like Android.

I've tried it and yeah, do not like it at all. I had a galaxy tablet that pretty much collected dust until it was so old I just threw it out. SO, I pay for what I like. I know Apple isn't perfect, but it fits me better. But funny thing, I never ever see Android users admitting anything not perfect about the Android OS. So who exactly are the sheep lol

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Or..

Believe it or not

Some people don't like Android.

I know you can't imagine anyone not liking it, I mean only a sheep wouldn't like Android.

I've tried it and yeah, do not like it at all. I had a galaxy tablet that pretty much collected dust until it was so old I just threw it out. SO, I pay for what I like. I know Apple isn't perfect, but it fits me better. But funny thing, I never ever see Android users admitting anything not perfect about the Android OS. So who exactly are the sheep lol
Shits far from perfect, I own both, mainly use android because Apple is too limited for me, I use Samsung phones and Apple computers.... but there is a sheep mentality to a lot of iPhone users, look at the green vs blue bubble shit that was going on....

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Apple Says iPhones Will Better Support Third-Party Displays and Batteries Later This Year

"First, Apple said True Tone will work with third-party iPhone displays later this year:
True Tone requires precise calibration to function properly, and it is not possible to engage a default calibration for third-party displays, which can result in unexpected behavior. For this reason, Apple disables the True Tone feature when third-party displays are used, but enables all other aspects of the display. In an effort to offer more complete support for third-party parts, starting later in 2024, Apple will allow consumers to activate True Tone with third-party parts to the best performance that can be provided.

They will be able to deactivate True Tone in Settings if the display does not perform to their satisfaction.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
So... This morning I got a phone call from a friend...... To tell me about this Apple B.S.
She told me that her grandkids are on the way to see her tomorrow.
She wanted to call to check them in early.
She proceeded to say "Serri Call Southwest" on her Apple phone.
She told me that before she could even finish saying "WEST"
there was no ring or anything but a male Indian voice came on the line and said
"Southwest Airlines how can I help you?"
She proceeded to say she wanted to do the check in and the Agent told her that
the kids were on stand-by and couldnt be checked in. She told him...
"I paid for these tickets , so how did they get put on stand-by?"
He said well thats the status of their flight ......Afetr a lot of back and forth
HE fianlly told her they would refund her money and then she could re-purchase the tickets
She hung up and then picked up the phone to physically call Southwest.
They told her that it is exactly what she expected .. An attempted scam.
They issued a warning today at the airline for this and
Apple is about to get their ass reemed if they don't fix this.
She checked her Grand Babies in and all is well......
She says this is the last day she will be using serri and she's going back to Android in the morning.
Like I said before ..... Apple USE TO BE a safer bet... Not anymore.
Just some food for thought

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
So... This morning I got a phone call from a friend...... To tell me about this Apple B.S.
She told me that her grandkids are on the way to see her tomorrow.
She wanted to call to check them in early.
She proceeded to say "Serri Call Southwest" on her Apple phone.
She told me that before she could even finish saying "WEST"
there was no ring or anything but a male Indian voice came on the line and said
"Southwest Airlines how can I help you?"
She proceeded to say she wanted to do the check in and the Agent told her that
the kids were on stand-by and couldnt be checked in. She told him...
"I paid for these tickets , so how did they get put on stand-by?"
He said well thats the status of their flight ......Afetr a lot of back and forth
HE fianlly told her they would refund her money and then she could re-purchase the tickets
She hung up and then picked up the phone to physically call Southwest.
They told her that it is exactly what she expected .. An attempted scam.
They issued a warning today at the airline for this and
Apple is about to get their ass reemed if they don't fix this.
She checked her Grand Babies in and all is well......
She says this is the last day she will be using serri and she's going back to Android in the morning.
Like I said before ..... Apple USE TO BE a safer bet... Not anymore.
Just some food for thought
I don't believe this is an Apple issue.
You're friend should be more careful giving out her phone number and answering unknown callers.
When people sign up for apps, newsletters, store memberships, websites, new accounts etc... with their phone number it's sold to data brokers and spammed.
I recommend creating an alternate number with Google Voice for junk accounts.
Real number only goes to real people.

To turn on Silence Unknown Callers, go to Settings > Phone, then scroll down, tap Silence Unknown Callers, and turn on the feature. Calls from unknown numbers are silenced and sent to your voicemail, and appear in your recent calls list.

TRUFICTION

SINCE 1998
BGOL Investor
Serri
I don't believe this is an Apple issue.
You're friend should be more careful giving out her phone number and answering unknown callers.
When people sign up for apps, newsletters, store memberships, websites, new accounts etc... with their phone number it's sold to data brokers and spammed.
I recommend creating an alternate number with Google Voice for junk accounts.
Real number only goes to real people.

Isnt Serri an Apple product ?
They didnt call her ... she told/used Serri on an I Phone to call Southwest Airlines.... how is that her neglect ?
Please explain that to me.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Serri

They didnt call her ... she told/used Serri on an I Phone to call Southwest Airlines.... how is that her neglect ?

Siri cannot call numbers that are not in your contact list, or that you didn't specifically say (like 555-1212)

Willing to bet, it searched the web, and she clicked on a bogus ad by mistake.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I just asked Siri on my iPad for the phone number for Southwest Airlines, it gave me the same number Google gives me on my S23 Ultra.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Serri

My bad, the "Serri" misspell threw me off. I thought it was a relation.
Siri is a risky way of calling numbers if it's not in your contacts list.