Are Barbers Today Over Charging People Or Nah?

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
No. In 1987 I was paying $10 and had a flat top. Making $3.40 an hour at McDonald's. Ran out and got that cut after I saw Cameo perform "Word Up". It's 2022 and I pay $30 to our Barber for my sons plus a $5 tip.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
s-l640.jpg

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
Everybody is overcharging everybody these days. It's not just inflation, these corporations used COVID and supply-chain excuses to jack the fuck out of prices. Now the little guy is doing it too with the excuse of making up for money lost during COVID.

The rate of inflation and the availability of materials etc does not account for the crazy rise in prices.
I hate to beat a dead horse but trump removed a lot of the restrictions on corporations gouging consumers and whenever Biden tries to reinstate them reichpublicans block him. What a surprise.

THIS!!!!!... even Walmart has raised their prices on everything in the store...smh

Naw cause the shit that their doing to people's hair is like going to a beautician....motherfuckers went in there bald and came out with a temp fade,I can cut hair but I can't do no surgery or magic like some of em can.

They doing surgery and magic on you,you have to pay......It's going to go up cause cats are getting trans plants at the rate of BBL's so their going to be back at the shops and the barbers are going to have to cut their hair like their doing a 300 piece puzzle cause he can't cut here or there cause that's where they plucked out the hair and this area is thicker than those areas...yeah you gotta pay.

10 dollars gets you in the chair and maybe this.....

I see those videos on IG all the time but have yet to actually see a man with one in real life. Those guys mess up by doing to much, how you go in bald/blading in the middle and come out with waves, locs or another hairstyle with a bunch of hair on top of your head

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Thanks to covid I started cutting my own hair...result's?

In '21 I had to get a new passport photo taken, the photo from '11 (barber cut) looked just like the one for '21 (my cut)

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Chinese in Philly got black folks lined up waiting for a $8 cut.

Most of them look like they fresh off the boat and because the prices are so cheap they undercut black Barbers.

City is flooded with Chinese Barbers and sadly my people keep these businesses packed.

Chinese make them pay FIRST and hand you a ticket. You then hand the ticket to the person cutting your hair as proof of payment.

Black Barbers, you always pay when the cut is complete.

Forgot to add, Chinese Barbers are open 7 days a week.

Black Barbers traditionally are closed Sundays and Mondays.

Last edited:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I had a incident at the barber shop that made me stop going 13 or so years ago.

I had my daughter with me who was a baby at the time. While sitting in the chair some shit popped off in the shop's parking lot and my barber decided he wanted to be apart of it instead of cutting my hair. In hurrying to get out there and be involved in it his gun fell from his waist, down the leg of his shorts and RIGHT NEXT TO MY DAUGHTER who was in her carrier on the floor asleep.

I looked at him, he looked at me... and before I could get out of the chair and cape good another barber grabbed me because I was about to kick this dude ass. They eventually calmed me down, another barber finished my cut, then I left and never looked back.

It took some practice, a few fuck ups, and some patience but I think I'm pretty decent now. Below is my son after a stint in spider705's house of fades :cool:

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a incident at the barber shop that made me stop going 13 or so years ago.

I had my daughter with me who was a baby at the time. While sitting in the chair some shit popped off in the shop's parking lot and my barber decided he wanted to be apart of it instead of cutting my hair. In hurrying to get out there and be involved in it his gun fell from his waist, down the leg of his shorts and RIGHT NEXT TO MY DAUGHTER who was in her carrier on the floor asleep.

I looked at him, he looked at me... and before I could get out of the chair and cape good another barber grabbed me because I was about to kick this dude ass. They eventually calmed me down, another barber finished my cut, then I left and never looked back.

It took some practice, a few fuck ups, and some patience but I think I'm pretty decent now. Below is my son after a stint in spider705's house of fades :cool:

That’s a damn good fade.

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Found a video of Chinese cutting hair in Philly, it's 3:39 long minutes long, but you can skip the commentary and go to the 2:06 mark to see the Chinese cutting Black men's hair.

@neptunes007

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not where I live.
On average.....kids cuts are $10-$12
Adult cuts are $15.

I stopped going to my barber when Covid hit and resorted back to cutting my own hair.
I would normally pay him $20 and buy donuts and kolaches for the whole shop every Saturday.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I partially blame this new generation of "gentlemen's haircuts"

These shops charge these white clients $65 and up for a cut. Beards, prices go up and some shops do a neck, shoulder and scalp massage.

These dudes pay $115 to $150 for all that.

Started prior to Covid.

Many of the regular barbers I feel got word and since they don't get the same type of clients they just started raising prices to suit.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Yes. Especially the less skilled barbers. Glad I moved to Florida cuz I’ve been able to find some decent priced barbers unlike back home.

What I want to know is how often do mf’s get retwists because that shit is expensive fr.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Yes. Especially the less skilled barbers. Glad I moved to Florida cuz I’ve been able to find some decent priced barbers unlike back home.

What I want to know is how often do mf’s get retwists because that shit is expensive fr.
Every week nigga

these Loc’s from God

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’ve cut my own hair for at least 30 years. I started letting my hair grow just before the pandemic. Now, I’ve got locks. It’s funny because I didn’t intend to grow locks. They started on their own. I wash and retwist regularly.

bkqns718

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can't front my barber is charging me 50 nowadays for a basic fade.....caveat he usually hooks me up with a nice pre roll and some whiskey during the cut

Also don't forget you are also paying for the 1-2 blissful hours of peace you get from day to day grind of home/family life