Are Barbers Today Over Charging People Or Nah?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Those people got laser focus when it comes to making money off Black folk...barbers are charging too much but $8 is straight up takeover prices....cant survive off that...they charge that to destroy Black barbershops and then they will raise the price
It’s usually an overseer like the mafia or the person who got them dudes over here illegally getting the bread from this operation.. this be the true human trafficking.. it’s been like that here for decades in ny except it’s not barbershops, it’s the nail salons.. you pay the people at the front desk and than somebody does the person nails.. lot of them motherfuckers live under the same roof in some small apt, or basement, or some illegal location.. they get crumbs to survive on.. they do this shit for yrs living under the radar.. it’s why they don’t try to get into altercations or anything cause they know they here illegally.. they had many news specials about them illegal Asians in ny.. be like that for Chinese restaurants, etc.. if them nigs can’t speak a lick of English or bare minimum you know they off the boat.. guessing they doing that in Philly with them barbers

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bought the series 9 pro. Expensive as fuck but they are the truth. No bumps.

Braun Series 9 PRO

Last edited:

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
F0zVVdxWcAEE-vX

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I don't miss sitting in the barbershop for 4 hours on a Friday or Saturday I'm old I got other stuff to do. lol I love the apps and appointments but cuts did go up 5X in my lifetime. 10-50 lol. I can't knock the hustle though.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't miss sitting in the barbershop for 4 hours on a Friday or Saturday I'm old I got other stuff to do. lol I love the apps and appointments but cuts did go up 5X in my lifetime. 10-50 lol. I can't knock the hustle though.

Appointments for me
Straight from my car into the chair and back out

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just walk in on a Monday or Tuesday, whoever is open, just a quick cut don't try to keep me as a regular, speed is more important to me than a perfect cut

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Appointments for me
Straight from my car into the chair and back out
While I agree, I have one dude, he does the appts on Booksy. He don't look at his appts or confirms til the day before the appt. Twice he's canceled or asked me to do a different day, the day before my appt.

Its annoying because I made this time because you have to book two weeks ahead and I scheduled around my son being available as well. Then for this dude to cancel a day before or the day of, well I'm sorry, you just too busy for me.

My schedule shouldn't revolve around you. After two cancels I had to stop going, but dude was the best barber I've had in a minute. Last time he canceled, did it an hour B4 my appt and tells me his family came into town for the weekend, after me waiting two weeks for an appt.

Last edited:

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
While I agree, I have one dude, he does the appts on Booksy. He don't look at his appts or confirms til the day before the appt. Twice he's canceled or asked me to do a different day, the day before my appt.

Its annoying because I made this time because you have to book two weeks ahead and I scheduled around my son being available as well. Then for this dude to cancel a day before or the day of, well I'm sorry, you just too busy for me.

My schedule shouldn't revolve around you. After two cancels I had to stop going, but dude was the best barber I've had in a minute. Last time he canceled, did it an hour B4 my appt and tells me his family came into town for the weekend, after me waiting two weeks for an appt.

You did the good thing getting a new barber
My dude is consistent. No cancelled or missed appointments in over a year

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At first I probably said that they were over charging people for hair cuts but I now take that back because what these barbers are doing is pure magic,harry potter with the wond and fixing,patching,creating hair on their heads and they need to get paid for it cause he came in there bald and left with Allen Iverson cornrolls....Magic.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I got a friend that's a barber... just in general conversation he let out that he cleared over 100k the past 5 or so years cutting hair.

And he doesn't even do it full time due to medical issues after leaving the military...

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yea, this one barber I used to go to is charging $110 for a cut without enhancements. That shit is made crazy. It’s no way I should be paying that much for a haircut.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I don't have a problem with the cost going up, but I think it's crazy how barber's are redefining the terms of a cut.

I've seen barber charging different prices for a shape up of just the front and sides vs a shape up for front, sides, and the back of head. Then beard and mustaches is extra.

I miss just being to ask for a shape up knowing that
  1. All those things are including without me having to ask and
  2. After a generous tip, I still wouldn't be paying more than possibly $25 or so.
I blame people who never tip. They are the ones who make it so that barbers have to nickel and dime every part of the experience.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't have a problem with the cost going up, but I think it's crazy how barber's are redefining the terms of a cut.

I've seen barber charging different prices for a shape up of just the front and sides vs a shape up for front, sides, and the back of head. Then beard and mustaches is extra.

I miss just being to ask for a shape up knowing that
  1. All those things are including without me having to ask and
  2. After a generous tip, I still wouldn't be paying more than possibly $25 or so.
I blame people who never tip. They are the ones who make it so that barbers have to nickel and dime every part of the experience.
It starts with real estate. Locations are costing more to rent so that means shops are now charging barbers more a week for their chairs.. than throw inflation of most products which means cost of living has gone up, so in order to pay for things like shelter, food, gas, bills, etc you got to make a certain amount of money to be able to pay for those things which means price going up. Then throw in the fact that people treat barbers like a necessity meaning they act like they can’t cut their own hair or keep themselves groom without them. That gave barbers a sense of bigger importance which means yesterday price is not todays price. So when you add all 3 of those things together you get these new inflated prices