Are we not allowed to post Tweets anymore?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
With the X name change, this forum doesn’t allow to post tweets anymore because of the switch. The “insert media” list says Twitter, but doesn’t account for “X.”

Is anyone else having this problem?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
If you copy the link direct from the posts on X it still uses Twitter in the link and not X.

That’s usually how I do it. I click the share button and then copy the link from the post. Then take it into the insert media portion and post. But now all of a sudden, it keeps says, “Oops the specified URL cannot be embedded as media.”

I’d screenshot what I’m seeing but ive never known how to post screenshots from an iphone on here.

Funny cause even in quoting you here, the media HTML says [ MEDIA= twitter]

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s usually how I do it. I click the share button and then copy the link from the post. Then take it into the insert media portion and post. But now all of a sudden, it keeps says, “Oops the specified URL cannot be embedded as media.”

I’d screenshot what I’m seeing but ive never known how to post screenshots from an iphone on here.

Funny cause even in quoting you here, the media HTML says [ MEDIA= twitter]
Yeah, but where did you find that link you posted with X.com? Cause the actual links still say Twitter when you copy them from directly from X.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Right. Well I happen to be the unlucky duck this morning that has every web address copied from Twitter now, as X.com.

Same thing if I open it in safari as well. No matter what, it copies over as X.com
:smh:

No worries. Appreciate the help fam.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right. Well I happen to be the unlucky duck this morning that has every web address copied from Twitter now, as X.com.

Same thing if I open it in safari as well. No matter what, it copies over as X.com
:smh:

No worries. Appreciate the help fam.
We’ll I haven’t updated my apps since the last IOS update earlier this week so maybe that’s it. :dunno:
*edit* NVM I guess apps automatically update now? I got the latest.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
We’ll I haven’t updated my apps since the last IOS update earlier this week so maybe that’s it. :dunno:
*edit* NVM I guess apps automatically update now? I got the latest.
Yea the board did crash this morning and did it’s infamous “database error” schtick, right before I was trying to post that link.

I’m willing to bet that had something to do with it but why it only happened my end is a mystery to me.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Yea it’s happening here and there with some members. Some can post while others can’t

@Dr. Truth

Twitter's name was changed to X,two weeks ago. That's why we had that issue yesterday.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Haven’t tried but I’ve noticed in y’all’s conversation one person is using the “share” feature to copy the link……and maybe the other person means copy directly from the address bar.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Haven’t tried but I’ve noticed in y’all’s conversation one person is using the “share” feature to copy the link……and maybe the other person means copy directly from the address bar.
I mostly use the app. Very rare I use Twitter on safari on my phone but I’ve tried both to no avail. Whether it’s through a browser or the app, it’s the same result. For some of us, the board doesn’t accept X.com as embeddable media.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Click on the three dots then select embed post. Then copy and post the link.

Screenshot-2023-08-14-065432.png

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I mostly use the app. Very rare I use Twitter on safari on my phone but I’ve tried both to no avail. Whether it’s through a browser or the app, it’s the same result. For some of us, the board doesn’t accept X.com as embeddable media.

I use the app too. I think I never used the website version...lol

Hopefully, @HNIC can fix it.

Lexx Diamond

Staff member
I made this post from my phone. I got the link from the app. Either way it works. You all are doing something wrong. All am doing is copying the link and posting it.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ok yeah it only works if you post directly from the web. It still says twitter. If you copy from your phone, it changes to X.com

Lexx Diamond

Staff member
See how your web address says Twitter.com bro?? For some us, when you click share this tweet and then go to copy link, it comes up as X.com
I don't know why you are getting a link with the x.com. Make sure you are using the Copy Link option and not the Share Link option.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I don't know why you are getting a link with the x.com. Make sure you are using the Copy Link option and not the Share Link option.
That’s how the app is setup. When you click “Share this Tweet” it prompts you to “Copy Link” and when it’s copied to the clipboard, it’s “X.com.” And that part is fine, but I think the board needs to be upgraded to accept that change in web address across the board so it works for everyone, whether it’s “Twitter.com” or “X.com.”

That would most likely solve the current issue

Lexx Diamond

Staff member
That’s how the app is setup. When you click “Share this Tweet” it prompts you to “Copy Link” and when it’s copied to the clipboard, it’s “X.com.” And that part is fine, but I think the board needs to be upgraded to accept that change in web address across the board so it works for everyone, whether it’s “Twitter.com” or “X.com.”

That would most likely solve the current issue

I used the app to make post #30. Problem is I have adblocker so I can not read twitter posts on BGOL via browser on my phone. I did it as a test to see if I could replicate the problem you are having.