BGOL, how do you like your steaks cooked?

How do you like your steaks cooked?

• Extra Rare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rare

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Medium Rare

Votes: 59 32.1%
  • Medium

Votes: 89 48.4%
  • Well Done

Votes: 34 18.5%

• Total voters

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
CAJUN RIBEYE VERY WELL DONE
cajunribeye.png

:yes:

Sent from my Galaxy II using Tapatalk 2

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A lot of folks don't realize that they are eating well done steaks BC of a interpretation of biblical verse about drainingblood from animals (kosher law) that their great grandmother grew up believing. Samedudes will eat pork chops wrapped in bacon and have the shrimp appetizer.

If u order a steak well done u are ruining the meat. Trust me I used to do the same thing, until one day by mistake I got a filet medium rare... do that and u will never go back to a burnt ass piece of charcoal again.

NewyorkRealTalk

Rising Star
OG Investor
A lot of folks don't realize that they are eating well done steaks BC of a interpretation of biblical verse about drainingblood from animals (kosher law) that their great grandmother grew up believing. Samedudes will eat pork chops wrapped in bacon and have the shrimp appetizer.

If u order a steak well done u are ruining the meat. Trust me I used to do the same thing, until one day by mistake I got a filet medium rare... do that and u will never go back to a burnt ass piece of charcoal again.

I disagree. Most people eat it well done because they don't like the look of their steak bleeding. And fear of it not being cooked.

ReZound.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
i like mine mid rare to medium... that goes for steaks, burgers, lamb, and tuna steaks.

all you niggas in here always complaining about white people stereotyping you blah blah blah but you are the same niggas saying that anybody who likes their red meats at any other temp besides burnt must be a cac. :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
I disagree. Most people eat it well done because they don't like the look of their steak bleeding. And fear of it not being cooked.

ReZound.

if you allow the meat to cool properly before cutting into it the juices will stay inside the meat like they are suppose to.

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor

ReZound.

Again, about 99% of the blood is drained out at slaughter. The red liquid you see on meat is actually a preservative that keeps it red & kills the smell; this preservative is not allowed on kosher or halal beef.

go to a kosher our halal butcher if you want to get the real smell of beef...you prolly won't like it as beef can be very gamey.

After cooking a good steak, let it rest so THAT THE NATURAL MOISTURE (SEE FLAVOR) OF THE MEAT CAN PENETRATE BACK INTO THE FIBERS. it's not blood...and there are no health issues once your meat is brought to above 140°F.

Stop believing all those old school excuses for buying & cooking cheap (er) cuts of beef...treat yourself to a prime steak & cook it medium to medium well to see what beef is sposed to taste like.

I don't recommend this, but pork is so safe nowadays (compared to 50 yrs ago), you can even eat pork medium now.

Niccas will smoke & drink all kinds of shit to get high...but won't touch a medium steak or a glass of milk. :lol:

Sent via $2.99 tapatalk

NewyorkRealTalk

Rising Star
OG Investor
Again, about 99% of the blood is drained out at slaughter. The red liquid you see on meat is actually a preservative that keeps it red & kills the smell; this preservative is not allowed on kosher or halal beef.

go to a kosher our halal butcher if you want to get the real smell of beef...you prolly won't like it as beef can be very gamey.

After cooking a good steak, let it rest so THAT THE NATURAL MOISTURE (SEE FLAVOR) OF THE MEAT CAN PENETRATE BACK INTO THE FIBERS. it's not blood...and there are no health issues once your meat is brought to above 140°F.

Stop believing all those old school excuses for buying & cooking cheap (er) cuts of beef...treat yourself to a prime steak & cook it medium to medium well to see what beef is sposed to taste like.

I don't recommend this, but pork is so safe nowadays (compared to 50 yrs ago), you can even eat pork medium now.

Niccas will smoke & drink all kinds of shit to get high...but won't touch a medium steak or a glass of milk. :lol:

Sent via $2.99 tapatalk

I said LOOK like. I know all the fun facts you wrote. :yes:
But I'm good or anything less than medium well.

And I don't smoke or drink.
:dunno:

ReZound.

omegatron22

Support BGOL
Registered
I love a "medium well" truly cooked right. I've had some medium rare, but I'm not that mature in the taste buds yet. If you go to a 5 star restaurant and order a "Well Done" ass steak, those cooks are going to CHARCOAL BRICK that shit and laugh about your black ass wanting that over cooked ass shit. I once went to a sushi house and ordered the Hot Rock Filet(comes with raw slices filet mignon and a 400* lava rock to cook them on) and my white homeboy grabbed a slice and killed that shit RAW!! White people can eat whatever, like the mescans.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
I love a "medium well" truly cooked right. I've had some medium rare, but I'm not that mature in the taste buds yet. If you go to a 5 star restaurant and order a "Well Done" ass steak, those cooks are going to CHARCOAL BRICK that shit and laugh about your black ass wanting that over cooked ass shit. I once went to a sushi house and ordered the Hot Rock Filet(comes with raw slices filet mignon and a 400* lava rock to cook them on) and my white homeboy grabbed a slice and killed that shit RAW!! White people can eat whatever, like the mescans.

man this just proves that those high paid chefs at those 5 star restaurants arent worth a damn

all of my well done steaks have been great

filled with flavor, juicy, without the need for a whole bunch of spices

niggas have truly assimilated :smh:

the cooks in some of yalls families must suck

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man this just proves that those high paid chefs at those 5 star restaurants arent worth a damn

This thread is almost embarrassing...white man taught me how to eat......wtf

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered

have niggas assimilated or are just some of you niggas stuck in your ways and aren't willing to try something new?????

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
I said LOOK like. I know all the fun facts you wrote. :yes:
But I'm good or anything less than medium well.

And I don't smoke or drink.
:dunno:

ReZound.

My points were not directed to you personally so the word "I" doesn't need to be said...cause I don't know you & would not make it a point or purpose to tell another adult what to do.

You can eat your steak, pork, & pussy at any level you like...

Sent via $2.99 tapatalk

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
man i wish that poll was public

it wouldve answered a lot of questions

Niggas can't like their meats a certain temp w/o havin' to be white??? Some of y'all dudes think childish as hell sometimes. :smh:

You kats talking about well done has no flavor

It doesn't. And I'm in da culinary field.

if you allow the meat to cool properly before cutting into it the juices will stay inside the meat like they are suppose to.

Letting it "rest" after taking it off da broiler/grill allows da juices to be distributed evenly throughout da meat whereas cutting it immediately will drain a good majority of 'em. It isn't to "cool" it.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Niggas can't like their meats a certain temp w/o havin' to be white??? Some of y'all dudes think childish as hell sometimes. :smh:

eating bloody meat is devil shit

if that is childish to you...sobeit

but i have never had dinner with a person of color(ricans included) who ate red meat...ever!

Q004

Star
Registered
If it's seasoned like how black people season their meat, medium well to well done is nice, if it's more lightly seasoned, then medium rare to medium is the ticket.

LurkMode

Support BGOL
Registered
eating bloody meat is devil shit

if that is childish to you...sobeit

but i have never had dinner with a person of color(ricans included) who ate red meat...ever!

Expand your horizons and stop hanging around scary ass persons of color that are petrified of medium steaks, swimming and squirrels.

I know that seems random but all my folks that eat well done steaks are fearful of the above. :dunno:

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
If it's seasoned like how black people season their meat, medium well to well done is nice, if it's more lightly seasoned, then medium rare to medium is the ticket.

A schooled chef or cook seasons a good steak 1 or 2 days ahead of time, using good quality salt & fresh pepper/spices.

The salt will kill any bacteria etc on the surface of the steak...a searing hot skillet, followed by a hot oven (sear-roasting) will get your steak to "safe" temps after that.

Remember, muscle tissue is about 70% water...again, these are the meat's own juices, i.e. flavor (along with the fat). This is not "blood."

Sent via $2.99 tapatalk