BGOL: What Music Artist Failed but YOU thought would be a Huge Success...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What Music Artist would you have bet MONEY would have been a HIT???

found a box of OLD mix tapes the other day and I was reminiscing...

I really thought many of the acts in hip hop back then would blow up and become huge stars...

Unfortunately a majority fell off quick...

Back then I thought these dudes would really hit it big...

damn looking at this video I wore EVERY SINGLE THING on here:lol::lol::lol:

:smh::smh::smh:

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9dZW1C3neao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Koffee Brown

I thought they were gonna he huge! Their music had that funk in it,
they were like the modern Auura. These singles rocked:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Shyne_%28album%29.jpg

saigon.jpg

directlive

Support BGOL
Registered
Koffee Brown

I thought they were gonna he huge! Their music had that funk in it,
they were like the modern Auura. These singles rocked:

cosign on this one...I really thought they were going places.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
drag-on (just for the fact that he ran with dmx at the time)

memphis bleek (same reason, jay z)

the girlz (same reason, al b sure)

lord tariq and peter gunz (just based on their 1st & only hit single,,,, album was ass tho)

drag-on style was limited but he was good though and great beats...

memphis may have SUFFERED more because of Jay's assistance because dudes HATED HIM!!! (jealously)

lord tariq and peter gunz - although the album DID suck, it was more of them getting RAPED for that sample:smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Shyne

2l8ykif.jpg

also the biggie comparisons didn't help...:smh:

Saigon

should have kept his mouth shut and followed Just Blaze (look at Royce NOW!!!)

An outstanding MC and maybe the first rapper on here that REALLY had the tools to be a superstar...

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1iQl46-zIcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1iQl46-zIcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very successful. Maybe did not blow up too big in the US, but worldwide on the international level, Soul II Soul was the shit.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
from mixtapes...

Herb McGruff, Harlem MC

AZ was next to blow when Nas dropped Illmatic

Shyheim (Wutang). Jay wanted him on Coming of Age but Rza wouldnt allow it for good reason. Jay woulda had that kid begging to get out of his deal. So he went to Marcy and cooped up Bleek and gave him some lines to memorize. Bleek was never a rapper. If that Shyheim thing woulda gone down, there would be no Bleek and I think Shyheim woulda blown up on Rocafella.

DV8ed

Rising Star
Registered

Just knew these 3 were gonna blow up.

And if not for his car accident, :smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
from mixtapes...

Herb McGruff, Harlem MC

AZ was next to blow when Nas dropped Illmatic

Shyheim (Wutang). Jay wanted him on Coming of Age but Rza wouldnt allow it for good reason. Jay woulda had that kid begging to get out of his deal. So he went to Marcy and cooped up Bleek and gave him some lines to memorize. Bleek was never a rapper. If that Shyheim thing woulda gone down, there would be no Bleek and I think Shyheim woulda blown up on Rocafella.

McGrufff...been nice on the MIC (listen to his new joint...)

I think that Harlem Renassiance potential Big L, Cam'ron, Mase, Dipset,got side tracked and he never caught on...

AZ...if Nas had REALLY cosigned duke he would have been massive, he would have been crazy on the ROC or Bad Boy especially on those soul beats:yes:

AZ is a real shame not to blow up.

Shyheim - never heard that story, crazy. That kid was NICE, but I think the Wu Tang over saturation hurt a lot of Staten Island MCs.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

TTD was just weird (and hella talented) but he THOUGHT he was Prince and shit:smh:

Peedi...this is a good choice this dude had hit singles, down with the ROC, State P and the Roots...

he SHOULD be a star but I think there is just something about his style (like Freeway and Dice Raw.) Just not built for mass consumption.

sirwoodz

Rising Star
Registered
237425.jpg

this cat here has one of the best singing voices of all time, but this album was absolutely horrible - i can't believe a major record label allowed him to record and release this shit :smh:

61BbKOuZPLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
TTD was just weird (and hella talented) but he THOUGHT he was Prince and shit:smh:

Peedi...this is a good choice this dude had hit singles, down with the ROC, State P and the Roots...

he SHOULD be a star but I think there is just something about his style (like Freeway and Dice Raw.) Just not built for mass consumption.

peedi...like beans is talented but battling major drug problems. once you get deep into syrup, coke and pills... man that shit is gonna slow your momentum down. in fact i think wayne going to jail saved his career cuz it let him press reset on his drug problem. im sure he still sippin and sniffin and shit but having some time to let your body reset was probably good for dude. he may have crashed and burned without that pause.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
On a serious note I always thought Van Hunt should be a lot more popular than he is... never understood why he never blew

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
On a serious note I always thought Van Hunt should be a lot more popular than he is... never understood why he never blew

Unfortunately he came out when there was a big SOUL Revival and got lost in the wave...so many sounded similar and there were just too many acts.

angie stone, jiill scott, india arie, dave hollister van hunt, anthony hamilton, etc.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
terencetrentdarbyrollingstone.jpg

:smh::(

I just downloaded his first album a few days ago.
Terrence_trent_darby_artist.jpg

Dude had major talent, but like someone mentioned, he was trying to hard to be another Prince.