Bloomberg: Nintendo's new game console will launch this year (Switch 2)

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nintendo needs to bring back violent games to its console
They done created a cult following specifically marketing to kids and generate so much money in house with their own Nintendo branded videogames specifically all that Mario shit. They are a multi billion biz that has that if it ain't broke no need to fix it

Last edited:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Doom and doom eternal, red dead redemption, borderlands, Bayonetta 3, mortal Kombat, my friend Pedro, devil may cry, resident evil to name a few. All Nintendo needs is a new system with more power and Sony and Xbox will be eating their dist for another generation. The next Mario cart will outsell both consoles biggest exclusives combined.

Duece

You Gotta Be Naked!
BGOL Investor

Nintendo isn't fucking with their formula.

They can eat off of their franchises because every time a Mario or Zelda come comes out it sells like crazy and is always in the running for Game of the Year and whatever console they create be will different from whatever Microsoft and Sony are offering on people will be inclined to buy the Nintendo console along with the Sony or Microsoft console.

Think about how many people/parents bought their kids or themselves the Switch and a PS4/5 or Xbox One/Series X.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doom and doom eternal, red dead redemption, borderlands, Bayonetta 3, mortal Kombat, my friend Pedro, devil may cry, resident evil to name a few. All Nintendo needs is a new system with more power and Sony and Xbox will be eating their dist for another generation. The next Mario cart will outsell both consoles biggest exclusives combined.

I miss my bish bayonetta...brah

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nintendo isn't fucking with their formula.

They can eat off of their franchises because every time a Mario or Zelda come comes out it sells like crazy and is always in the running for Game of the Year and whatever console they create be will different from whatever Microsoft and Sony are offering on people will be inclined to buy the Nintendo console along with the Sony or Microsoft console.

Think about how many people/parents bought their kids or themselves the Switch and a PS4/5 or Xbox One/Series X.
Real talk. Like can Sony and Microsoft partner with a major theme park and integrate seamlessly? I wonder what this Super Nintendo World deal with Universal Studios is worth
USJ_SUPER_NINTENDO_WORLD_Area_view.jpg

universal_studios_hollywoods_super_nintendo_world_57474.jpg

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Best selling PS4 game - spiderman 20 million units

Best selling Xbox game - pubg 9 million units

Switch - Mario kart 57 million
Animal crossing 43 million
Smash bros 32 million
Breath of the wild 31 million
Mario Odyssey 26 million
Pokemon sword and shield 26 million
Pokemon violet 23 million
Mario party 19 million
Tears of the kingdom 19 million

So... Yeah.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Real talk. Like can Sony and Microsoft partner with a major theme park and integrate seamlessly? I wonder what this Super Nintendo World deal with Universal Studios is worth
USJ_SUPER_NINTENDO_WORLD_Area_view.jpg

universal_studios_hollywoods_super_nintendo_world_57474.jpg
The fact its called "Super Nintendo" world is kinda of the problem.

That was the last time Nintendo actually was the big deal in Gaming. Anybody who got a nintendo system instead of the competition after that ended up severely disappointed. I remember when all the kids who got the N64 early came to school and slowly realized the shit they got was much worse than the playstation. It was like a look of general sadness that slowly grew into disgust when the Gamecube came out with those stupid ass small discs. Nintendo is pretty much Sega except with more money and a better QA department.

Nintendo is a known quality at this point. You are going to get:

1.A system that is inferior in term of hardware.
2.The same Kart racing game you have been playing for 15 years with maybe a new power up or character.
3.The same melee game you have been playing for 20 years.
4.The EXACT same Animal Crossing game you played on the old system.
5.Abysmal third party support
6.Cute "new" idea that is probably fun for 20 minutes or so....you'll pay 60 bucks for what effectively would be a mini-game in GTA5.

^^All the above was good in 1994, when your only competition was a dead Atari company and Sega fighting with Sega of America. It doesnt fly today. I remember being at a fucking high school programming camp at Georgia tech 20 years when Halo 2 came out and telling professors there that Nintendo will never make another thing that can compete with Halo 1, much less this new one. People laughed at me and said I was bullshitting, but the proof is in the pudding 20 years later. Nintendo is still profiting off of a system that came out in 1991, and they HAVE to because there is no nostalgia cycle for fucking Pikmin, and that was probably the best thing on the gamecube. Nobody has fond memories of spending 70 bucks on a cartridge in 1998 for Garbage like castlevania where you played a school girl running around with a school bus and chainsaw wielding skeletons. It was ass.

The switch has done well by being introduced years after the other in its generation, and during a nice economic boom.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

That was the last time Nintendo actually was the big deal in Gaming. Anybody who got a nintendo system instead of the competition after that ended up severely disappointed. I remember when all the kids who got the N64 early came to school and slowly realized the shit they got was much worse than the playstation. It was like a look of general sadness that slowly grew into disgust when the Gamecube came out with those stupid ass small discs. Nintendo is pretty much Sega except with more money and a better QA department.

2.The same Kart racing game you have been playing for 15 years with maybe a new power up or character.
6.Cute "new" idea that is probably fun for 20 minutes or so....you'll pay 60 bucks for what effectively would be a mini-game in GTA5.

^^All the above was good in 1994, when your only competition was a dead Atari company and Sega fighting with Sega of America. It doesnt fly today. I remember being at a fucking high school programming camp at Georgia tech 20 years when Halo 2 came out and telling professors there that Nintendo will never make another thing that can compete with Halo 1, much less this new one. People laughed at me and said I was bullshitting, but the proof is in the pudding 20 years later. Nintendo is still profiting off of a system that came out in 1991, and they HAVE to because there is no nostalgia cycle for fucking Pikmin, and that was probably the best thing on the gamecube. Nobody has fond memories of spending 70 bucks on a cartridge in 1998 for Garbage like castlevania where you played a school girl running around with a school bus and chainsaw wielding skeletons. It was ass.

The switch has done well by being introduced years after the other in its generation, and during a nice economic boom.
I guess you slept through the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 generation.....

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

I take it you don't follow gaming and missed the last generation completely lmao the switch is the third highest selling console of all time, and I already posted their game sales vs PlayStation and Xbox.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Best selling PS4 game - spiderman 20 million units

Best selling Xbox game - pubg 9 million units

Switch - Mario kart 57 million
Animal crossing 43 million
Smash bros 32 million
Breath of the wild 31 million
Mario Odyssey 26 million
Pokemon sword and shield 26 million
Pokemon violet 23 million
Mario party 19 million
Tears of the kingdom 19 million

So... Yeah.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I take it you don't follow gaming and missed the last generation completely lmao the switch is the third highest selling console of all time, and I already posted their game sales vs PlayStation and Xbox.
The Switch was released during an economic boom when its competitors had been out for years. Can you name one Switch exclusive you have to have?

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The Switch was released during an economic boom when its competitors had been out for years. Can you name one Switch exclusive you have to have?
Animal Crossing did ridiculous numbers for the Switch and made the Switch damn near difficult to track down during the pandemic.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Yes.

Breath of the wild
Tears of the kingdom
Pokemon sword
Pokemon violet
Pokemon legends Arceus
Pikman 4
Metroid dread
Super Mario wonder
Splatoon 3
Shin megami tensei 5
Animal crossing new horizon
Mario kart 8 deluxe
Smash bros Kirby and the forgotten land
Bayonetta 3
Xenoblade 3
astral chain
Pokemon snap
Metroid prime remastered
Zelda links awakening

and that's not counting games with exclusive windows on like monster hunter rise, Hades, hollow Knight ECT.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Animal Crossing did ridiculous numbers for the Switch and made the Switch damn near difficult to track down during the pandemic.
I can give you wii sports, but you can get that exact same Animal crossing game with a new slab of paint on it for the Switch

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nintendo has found their niche.....

They're not a Bugatti/ Koenigsegg.....(Xbox/PlayStation)

They're more like Maserati/ Ferrari.....

They're definitely fun to "drive" and have a much better appeal than a Toyota/ Chevrolet (Apple/Android games)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As a parent trust this will be a mandatory purchase

Especially if like usual the Nintendo price is "fair" and the games are the usual family friendly adventure etc.

I just realized something... @EPDC

I'm not a gamer anymore since like PS2.

But I have OWNED or PURCHASED every single version of a Nintendo game console. Every one.

I still have my OG game boy

I cannot say that for anything else.

And I can speak for my parents on a budget I kinda trust Nintendo more in the sense of an "automatic" purchase for the kids.

Great Grandparents know Nintendo.

Nintendo would be dumb as f**k to lose that type of generational brand loyalty

@God-Of-War-420 >>>>>

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes.

Breath of the wild
Tears of the kingdom
Pokemon sword
Pokemon violet
Pokemon legends Arceus
Pikman 4
Metroid dread
Super Mario wonder
Splatoon 3
Shin megami tensei 5
Animal crossing new horizon
Mario kart 8 deluxe
Smash bros Kirby and the forgotten land
Bayonetta 3
Xenoblade 3
astral chain
Pokemon snap
Metroid prime remastered
Zelda links awakening

and that's not counting games with exclusive windows on like monster hunter rise, Hades, hollow Knight ECT.
Pokemon Sword sucked ass.

MK 8 is literally the same kart game you play on previous systems too.

I'll give you Links Awakening. BOTW was iffy.

Splatoon 3 is a step back from previous entries also. Online is broken with matchmaking.

You kinda proved the point. You buy nintendo now to get the worse versions of the "Golden Oldies". It got old 20 year ago.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Splatoon 3 is a step back from previous entries also. Online is broken with matchmaking.

You kinda proved the point. You buy nintendo now to get the worse versions of the "Golden Oldies". It got old 20 year ago.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The problem is you're looking it based on your own taste, which is fine. The world however disagrees with you, which is also fine. Nintendo is a force in gaming and merchandising.

^^^^

I just texted my friends and got them laughing at work at just how old we are. They still got nintendo color with the light attachment, one still has robbie, they still play Mario kart with their kids, watch the Mario movie all the time, play as a family, my god son first stock was Nintendo I bought him ages ago that HE ASKED for, I hesitated on PS5 and X Box. But bought multiple Switch and game cards for Family and friends.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Especially if like usual the Nintendo price is "fair" and the games are the usual family friendly adventure etc.

But I have OWNED or PURCHASED every single version of a Nintendo game console. Every one.

And I can speak for my parents on a budget I kinda trust Nintendo more in the sense of an "automatic" purchase for the kids.

@God-Of-War-420 >>>>>

Bruh, I bought the Wii, Wii-U and Switch the only reason my 10yr old isn't playing the Switch is cuz all his friends play fortnite online on xbox.....otherwise......

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

@God-Of-War-420 >>>>>
Only Nintendo Consoles I never owned were the Virtual Boy and the Wii U.

Every other console they released has either been a gift (as kid) or a purchase. I still have my OG NES and SNES at my mother's home.

I feel you on not really being a gamer.
We own two Nintendo Switches, have a PS5 and XBOX One S, Wii, PS3, Xbox OG, and a few others....but when I game, it's mostly on the XBOX One S.

To be honest, I think I play retro games mores than anything else, but my kids are the true gamers in this house and the market for all things Nintendo.

They are already looking forward to the Nintendo Switch 2 when it releases...

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

And PlayStation and Xbox also mostly live on sequels, prequels, spin offs, and worse... Live service games.

That's just the way of things unfortunately

I'm no Nintendo fanboy(see username)
I currently have a switch, switch OLED, PS5 and series x so I don't miss anything. Still I find myself using my switch more due to convenience of having a portable system and the relaxing fun factor of most of their games.