Bloomberg: Nintendo's new game console will launch this year (Switch 2)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Only Nintendo Consoles I never owned were the Virtual Boy and the Wii U.

Every other console they released has either been a gift (as kid) or a purchase. I still have my OG NES and SNES at my mother's home.

I feel you on not really being a gamer.
We own two Nintendo Switches, have a PS5 and XBOX One S, Wii, PS3, Xbox OG, and a few others....but when I game, it's mostly on the XBOX One S.

To be honest, I think I play retro games mores than anything else, but by kids are the true gamers in this house and the market for all things Nintendo.

They are already looking forward to the Nintendo Switch 2 when it releases...

Yo... you right I didn't get the virtual

But I ain't counting that. That sh*t was never budget friendly anyway

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And PlayStation and Xbox also mostly live on sequels, prequels, spin offs, and worse... Live service games.

That's just the way of things unfortunately

I'm no Nintendo fanboy(see username)
I currently have a switch, switch OLED, PS5 and series x so I don't miss anything. Still I find myself using my switch more due to convenience of having a portable system and the relaxing fun factor of most of their games.

^^^^

That part.

And I don't even play any of it. It's the wife and kids who love that stuff.

But on a road trip?

Essential.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
And PlayStation and Xbox also mostly live on sequels, prequels, spin offs, and worse... Live service games.

I currently have a switch, switch OLED, PS5 and series x so I don't miss anything. Still I find myself using my switch more due to convenience of having a portable system and the relaxing fun factor of most of their games.
Lolz whenever I do find myself playing the Switch at home, it's typically in handheld mode, playing the OG Gameboy Tetris.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
^^^^

That part.

And I don't even play any of itIt's the wife and kids who love that stuff.

But on a road trip?

Essential.

Lolz whenever I do find myself playing the Switch at home, it's typically in handheld mode, playing the OG Gameboy Tetris.
I've never bothered using the switch on the dock, especially with the OLED screen being so nice. Hell I don't even have the dock plugged in, I just use the charging cord lol

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I feel you

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I've never bothered using the switch on the dock, especially with the OLED screen being so nice. Hell I don't even have the dock plugged in, I just use the charging cord lol
We have two Switches and three docks. Had to buy an additional dock when we had one Switch early on, cause these kids were hogging the big TV. lolz Now they have a dock in each bedroom and don't bother us anymore if they want to play on the TV....smh they mostly play it handheld, especially my daughters who still love to play Animal Crossing (we have two carts of that as well).

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
We have two Switches and three docks. Had to buy an additional dock when we had one Switch early on, cause these kids were hogging the big TV. lolz Now they have a dock in each bedroom and don't bother us anymore if they want to play on the TV....smh they mostly play it handheld, especially my daughters who still love to play Animal Crossing (we have two carts of that as well).

Dm your address

I'm sending mines over there this weekend.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My son plays FortNite on the Switch and PS5. It's cool how nowadays, some of these games allow you to play cross platform.
He scammed his grandmother into buying a series S with FortNite......

I was going to buy the game but was "overruled" by my mother and her gift to "her baby,".......haha

Aye if she wants to spend the extra $$.....
be my guest

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes.

Breath of the wild
Tears of the kingdom
Pokemon sword
Pokemon violet
Pokemon legends Arceus
Pikman 4
Metroid dread
Super Mario wonder
Splatoon 3
Shin megami tensei 5
Animal crossing new horizon
Mario kart 8 deluxe
Smash bros Kirby and the forgotten land
Bayonetta 3
Xenoblade 3
astral chain
Pokemon snap
Metroid prime remastered
Zelda links awakening

and that's not counting games with exclusive windows on like monster hunter rise, Hades, hollow Knight ECT.

Fire

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes.

Breath of the wild
Tears of the kingdom
Pokemon sword
Pokemon violet
Pokemon legends Arceus
Pikman 4
Metroid dread
Super Mario wonder
Splatoon 3
Shin megami tensei 5
Animal crossing new horizon
Mario kart 8 deluxe
Smash bros Kirby and the forgotten land
Bayonetta 3
Xenoblade 3
astral chain
Pokemon snap
Metroid prime remastered
Zelda links awakening

and that's not counting games with exclusive windows on like monster hunter rise, Hades, hollow Knight ECT.

I never would have imagined just how powerful and timeless that Pokémon brand would end up being.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You don't play Nintendo do you?
I haven’t been a true gamer sense the genesis.. last real comeback was the Dreamcast when I would play versus my older cousin in sports.. what did I say that wasn’t true. I have several friends that have the switch. Some for their kids. Every now and than they would play the smash bros vs each other. Like I said who’s their target. What popular game were they playing ( smash bros) which is a Nintendo Mario title. My boys kids be loving Mario themed vid games. They took their kids to see Mario bros the movie. Nintendo built in cult following and targeted audience. Go look up how many switches they sold. How many Nintendo exclusive themed games they sold

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I haven’t been a true gamer sense the genesis.. last real comeback was the Dreamcast when I would play versus my older cousin in sports.. what did I say that wasn’t true. I have several friends that have the switch. Some for their kids. Every now and than they would play the smash bros vs each other. Like I said who’s their target. What popular game were they playing ( smash bros) which is a Nintendo Mario title. My boys kids be loving Mario themed vid games. They took their kids to see Mario bros the movie. Nintendo built in cult following and targeted audience

Me neither, I can't get down with paid DLC, online subscriptions, and broken games with infinite patches.

I quit during the PS3/Wii/XBox360 era

I'm a casual pokemon player rn.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I never would have imagined just how powerful and timeless that Pokémon brand would end up being.
Same, I've been hooked since the first one dropped on Gameboy but I could have never imagined it would grow to be highest-grossing media franchise of all time, insane.

Still hooked, That's actually a list of games I own for switch personally lol (not all of them I tried leaving out games like Luigi's mansion and Mario's that dropped for Wii u and multi play games)

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I'm a casual pokemon player rn.
Same, if by causal you mean 650+ hours on violet(not counting soft resets for shiny hunting and breeding) several hundred hours between the other switch pokemon games, pokemon go, a near full pokemon home. Lol gotta catch em all.

You know I use to get upset about game patches but you have to look at it this way, before games would just stay broken, at least now devs can fix glitches, frame rates, and other issues. Sure, game devs have taken full advantage of that but there is a bright side.

I've been gaming since I was old enough to press buttons and not much has changed lol I was that kid who chose games over academic achievements/hanging out to all hours of the night ECT. So it always kept me out of trouble and my imagination/idle hands busy. I'll probably die with a joystick in my hand lol

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Same, if by causal you mean 650+ hours on violet(not counting soft resets for shiny hunting and breeding) several hundred hours between the other switch pokemon games, pokemon go, a near full pokemon home. Lol gotta catch em all.

You know I use to get upset about game patches but you have to look at it this way, before games would just stay broken, at least now devs can fix glitches, frame rates, and other issues. Sure, game devs have taken full advantage of that but there is a bright side.

I've been gaming since I was old enough to press buttons and not much has changed lol I was that kid who chose games over academic achievements/hanging out to all hours of the night ECT. So it always kept me out of trouble and my imagination/idle hands busy. I'll probably die with a joystick in my hand lol

I feel you, but if the games stayed as they were, you get used to it and know what to expect. Nothing angered me more than being a monster at StreetFighter, mastering like 3 characters taking a break to come back to all my characters being different.

I felt like Big Worm

Y'all playing with my emotions!

Edit: Oh do you battle and all that jazz in S/V?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Same, I've been hooked since the first one dropped on Gameboy but I could have never imagined it would grow to be highest-grossing media franchise of all time, insane.

Still hooked, That's actually a list of games I own for switch personally lol (not all of them I tried leaving out games like Luigi's mansion and Mario's that dropped for Wii u and multi play games)

When kids asked for the video games and actual cards last Christmas I thought I missed something.

That's GENERATIONS of players

And Nintendo was smart enough to latch on to that EARLY and almost become synonymous with it.

I honestly have NEVER played a Pokémon video game in my life

But they have gotten hundreds of dollars from me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I haven’t been a true gamer sense the genesis.. last real comeback was the Dreamcast when I would play versus my older cousin in sports.. what did I say that wasn’t true. I have several friends that have the switch. Some for their kids. Every now and than they would play the smash bros vs each other. Like I said who’s their target. What popular game were they playing ( smash bros) which is a Nintendo Mario title. My boys kids be loving Mario themed vid games. They took their kids to see Mario bros the movie. Nintendo built in cult following and targeted audience. Go look up how many switches they sold. How many Nintendo exclusive themed games they sold

You been talking about niche and target audiences forever

And you were always right.

You don't need to be everything to everybody. Just cause YOU personally don't know or like something is meaningless.

It's what others will PAY for that matters.

Just be the best for that specific group and you will thrive.

Nintendo is the Disney of video games and they have absolutely no issues with that.

Especially having the trust of the consumers as a family friendly product

Make affordable reliable hardware high quality games easy to use fun to play difficult to master and super repayable.

Both solo and group.

That crosses the age range.

Dudes still underestimate how valuable the family Friendly Market is.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I feel you, but if the games stayed as they were, you get used to it and know what to expect. Nothing angered me more than being a monster at StreetFighter, mastering like 3 characters taking a break to come back to all my characters being different.

I felt like Big Worm

Y'all playing with my emotions!

Edit: Oh do you battle and all that jazz in S/V?
Yeah I get that, so you prob should just wait until the ultimate/game if the year editions drop lol

I've never been into battling, Im big on breeding for shinies with perfect IVs and shiny hunting, trying to complete a living shiny dex.

This last game is the first time I've actually paid any attention to battling at all but still don't do any of it(feels like dog fighting to me lol) I've just been learning strategies and things of that nature but still don't care about it. that's what I love about pokemon, It's just like the anime you got different people concentrating on different aspects of Pokemon training and what that means.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Screenshot-20240126-112326-Firefox.jpg

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nintendo needs to bring back violent games to its console
When HALO or Resident Evil have enough attraction to pull the kind of money that an actual Mario World can. I am sure they would...until then SILENCE before they crush us with their wallet!!!

Last edited:

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a parent trust this will be a mandatory purchase

Especially if like usual the Nintendo price is "fair" and the games are the usual family friendly adventure etc.

I just realized something... @EPDC

I'm not a gamer anymore since like PS2.

But I have OWNED or PURCHASED every single version of a Nintendo game console. Every one.

I still have my OG game boy

I cannot say that for anything else.

And I can speak for my parents on a budget I kinda trust Nintendo more in the sense of an "automatic" purchase for the kids.

Great Grandparents know Nintendo.

Nintendo would be dumb as f**k to lose that type of generational brand loyalty

@God-Of-War-420 >>>>>
Bro, you bought a Wii U? That shit was like having an Atari Jaguar. I know it exist I just don’t know anyone with one. If you had one, what were your thoughts?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bro, you bought a Wii U? That shit was like having an Atari Jaguar. I know it exist I just don’t know anyone with one. If you had one, what were your thoughts?

Ummm statute of limitations

My bro worked at game stop so you know the flips were in.

It's was cool for what it was

In a Playstation lifer if anything

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Best selling PS4 game - spiderman 20 million units

Best selling Xbox game - pubg 9 million units

Switch - Mario kart 57 million
Animal crossing 43 million
Smash bros 32 million
Breath of the wild 31 million
Mario Odyssey 26 million
Pokemon sword and shield 26 million
Pokemon violet 23 million
Mario party 19 million
Tears of the kingdom 19 million

So... Yeah.
That’s the 10 year olds market. No real console gamer is Fucking with Nintendo and Definitely not PC gamers show the sales of non kiddie games vs Xbox and PS

Top 20 selling games of 2023 there’s only 3 switch games

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
That’s the 10 year olds market. No real console gamer is Fucking with Nintendo and Definitely not PC gamers show the sales of non kiddie games vs Xbox and PS
Lolz do you think these companies are differentiating kiddie game sales versus non kiddie game sales?

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lolz do you think these companies are differentiating kiddie game sales versus non kiddie game sales?
In the context of what we’re talking about yes which is why PS and Xbox don’t release those types of games that’s Nintendo's Market. Dude said Nintendo would top the market with a next generation console with the same specs as PS and Xbox I disagree people who buy Nintendo crap aren’t into graphics frame rate etc

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Top 20 selling games of 2023 there’s only 3 switch games

I'm a real hardcore console gamer since childhood, I fuck with Nintendo so do several other hardcore gamers in my circle. there's entire forums dedicated to Nintendo where adult gamers talk Nintendo, entire YouTube channels aimed at adults dedicated to Nintendo, several sub reddits with giant sub counts ECT, None of that is for little kids lol you're not into Nintendo and like I mentioned before, that's okay. But that doesn't make your opinions fact. Nintendo has a huge adult fanbase, games like animal crossing primarily have an adult fanbase believe it or not, Metroid dread, donkey Kong tropic freeze and other hard platformers aren't exactly aimed at kids with the high difficulty levels.

Nintendo has 3 top 20 selling games in the last year of it's life while everyone has been talking about and waiting for the next switch and while competing against next Gen consoles is impressive, not to mention that Nintendo doesn't share digital sales numbers.(I'm fully digital and know quite a people who are as well, the numbers are only going up for digital only gamers) Not only that but most of the top ten are multi platform games except for spiderman and tears of the kingdom.

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Doom and doom eternal, red dead redemption, borderlands, Bayonetta 3, mortal Kombat, my friend Pedro, devil may cry, resident evil to name a few. All Nintendo needs is a new system with more power and Sony and Xbox will be eating their dist for another generation. The next Mario cart will outsell both consoles biggest exclusives combined.

I would say “Sony has a stranglehold on the industry”, and they do, but there was a time when I thought Sega was unstoppable and Sony wouldn’t last long. You never know.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I would say “Sony has a stranglehold on the industry”, and they do, but there was a time when I thought Sega was unstoppable and Sony wouldn’t last long. You never know.
Sony has definitely been killing it this new gen, unfortunately I feel because they've had such an easy time whooping Xbox they've gotten lazy, my PS5 is collecting a lot of dust lately, been mostly playing series x and switch.

interested to see if the next switch will do numbers and maybe pushes Sony to actually do something, I miss the Sony that was pushing boundaries and dropping gems left and right.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The 10 Best-Selling Video Games of All Time

• 1. Tetris – 520 million ...
  • 2. Minecraft – 300 million+ ...
  • 3. Grand Theft Auto V – 185 million+ ...
  • 4. Wii Sports – 82.9 million ...
  • 5. PUBG – 75 million ...
  • 6. Mario Kart 8 + Deluxe – 63.92 million ...
  • 7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – 60 million+ ...
  • 8. Red Dead Redemption 2 – 55 million+ ...
  • 9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 50 million+
  • 10. Overwatch – 50 million