Breaking News: Amazon NOT Coming to NYC, Says "Deuces"

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They can easily come upstate NY and get what their looking for,as long as they bring jobs but from the sounds of it they just don't want no parts of Newyork at all.

The rotten apple is so rotten that there's nothing left for these crooked politicians to feed off of and corps like amazon are taking their apples and going somewhere else where it's just flies that they will have to swat every now and then.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
that aint what happened..

let me tell you what REALLY happened...

too many people had their hands out wanting a piece of the actions..

so much so... amazon said fuck this.....

you think amazon really gives a fuck because a few hundred people don't want them in their hood..

lol you could believe that bullshit if you want to....

I know how new York rolls when it comes to business.. you want a piece of this apple..

and you as big as amazon..

all these greedy muthafuckas gonna have their hands out...… crazy shit is amazon could afford to hit them off, they just don't want to have to answer to so many people..

they are too big to have to deal with that new York gluttony..
^^ Agreed. This is a half of the issue..... plus i think the OTHER half of the issue is... UNIONS. :yes:

All the major NYC Unions were in support of the Amazon Deal... from the Services Unions to the Trade Unions to the Construction Unions to the Teamsters/Mafia.

But Amazon WOULD NOT commit to ALLOWING the new NYC workforce to Unionize. :hmm:
And THAT's where negotiations fell apart. :yes: Right there.

Because all them Unions RUN New York City. :yes:

This is exactly WHY there is NOT ONE SINGLE WALMART STORE within any of the 5 boros of NYC. :rolleyes: Because Walmart despises Unions.

Think about it....

If a Foreign Billionaire can come aaaallllll the way from Russia... and build a cotdamn Barclay's Center Sports Arena right SMACK in the middle of Brooklyn... (which faced MUCH WORSE political & 'community activist' opposition).. then a Billionaire from America should be able to build a headquarters in a MOSTLY DESOLATE AREA of Long Island City, without half as many problems. :rolleyes:

Because all the rest of the politics & protests/concerns could be settled, over time. :yes:

The Russian agreed to compensate the Unions. :yes: That's exactly how/why he got his shit built. :yes: That's the BIG difference.

But Amazon is just like Walmart.

They both rely on 'cheap labor' employees who do not require healthcare & benefits.

So they both DO NOT WANT their workers to form Unions. :smh: Under any circumstances.

"Unionized Labor" is their Mortal Enemy.

:itsawrap:

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^ Agreed. This is a half of the issue..... plus i think the OTHER half of the issue is... UNIONS. :yes:

All the major NYC Unions were in support of the Amazon Deal... from the Services Unions to the Trade Unions to the Construction Unions to the Teamsters/Mafia.

But Amazon WOULD NOT commit to ALLOWING their workforce to Unionize. :hmm:

This is exactly WHY there is NOT ONE SINGLE WALMART STORE within the 5 boros of NYC.
Because Walmart despises Unions.

Think about it....

If a Foreign Billionaire can come aaaallllll the way from Russia... and build the cotdamn Barclay's Center Sports Arena right SMACK in the middle of Brooklyn... (which faced MUCH WORSE political & 'community activist' opposition :yes:).. then a Billionaire from America should be able to build a headquarters in a mostly DESOLATE AREA without as many problems.

Because all the rest of the politics & protests/concerns could be settled, over time. :yes:

The Russian agreed to compensate the Unions. :yes: That's exactly how/why he got his shit built. :yes:

They both rely on 'cheap labor' employees who do not require healthcare & benefits.

So they both DO NOT WANT their workers to form Unions. :smh: Under any circumstances.

oh yea very very good point, aint no way in hell amazon tryin to have union workers...

not the shit they get away with....

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that aint what happened..

let me tell you what REALLY happened...

too many people had their hands out wanting a piece of the actions..

so much so... amazon said fuck this.....

you think amazon really gives a fuck because a few hundred people don't want them in their hood..

lol you could believe that bullshit if you want to....

I know how new York rolls when it comes to business.. you want a piece of this apple..

and you as big as amazon..

all these greedy muthafuckas gonna have their hands out...… crazy shit is amazon could afford to hit them off, they just don't want to have to answer to so many people..

they are too big to have to deal with that new York gluttony..
BINGO! Well put. New York is still very old school.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

But Amazon WOULD NOT commit to ALLOWING their workforce to Unionize. :hmm:

This is exactly WHY there is NOT ONE SINGLE WALMART STORE within any of the 5 boros of NYC. :rolleyes: Because Walmart despises Unions.

Think about it....

If a Foreign Billionaire can come aaaallllll the way from Russia... and build a cotdamn Barclay's Center Sports Arena right SMACK in the middle of Brooklyn... (which faced MUCH WORSE political & 'community activist' opposition :rolleyes:).. then a Billionaire from America should be able to build a headquarters in a mostly DESOLATE AREA without half as many problems.

The Russian agreed to compensate the Unions. :yes: That's exactly how/why he got his shit built. :yes:

you got this story waaaay fucked up....

the russian didn't make a deal with the unions....:lol:

summary: Bruce Ratner started the development - stole the money from NYC and NYS and banks used the 08 crash to jump out mid project
Bloomberg Spitzer Patterson Silver Bruno etc and unions were on their knees to get financing to finish stage one of the project
-enter the Russian

Now politicians are still trying to get Ratner to finish the entire project but refuse to allow a DA to put him jail

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
you got this story waaaay fucked up....

the russian didn't make a deal with the unions....:lol:

summary: Bruce Ratner started the development - stole the money from NYC and NYS and banks used the 08 crash to jump out mid project
Bloomberg Spitzer Patterson Silver Bruno etc and unions were on their knees to get financing to finish stage one of the project
-enter the Russian

Now politicians are still trying to get Ratner to finish the entire project but refuse to allow a DA to put him jail
Disagree, Bruh.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gets built in NYC without the Unions. :hmm:
Where do you think all the LABOR & heavy construction equipment came from? All the way from Russia? :rolleyes:

You are kidding yourself if you think the Teamsters & all those Unions were not getting paid off. :rolleyes:

They RUN Construction in NYC. :yes: Ask around.
Them Unions are like Christopher Walken... in King of New York.

"From here on, nothing goes down UNLESS I'M INVOLVED...
A Nickel bag gets sold in the Park... or if a gallon of concrete gets poured in the Ground...
Or if 2 steel beams get welded together... I WANT IN." :hmm::yes::D

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Disagree, Bruh.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gets built in NYC without the Unions. :hmm:
Where do you think all the LABOR & heavy construction equipment came from? All the way from Russia? :rolleyes:

You are kidding yourself if you think the Teamsters & all those Unions were not getting paid off. :rolleyes:

They RUN Construction in NYC. :yes: Ask around.
Them Unions are like Christopher Walken... in King of New York.

"From here on, nothing goes down UNLESS I'M INVOLVED...
A Nickel bag gets sold in the Park... or if a gallon of concrete gets poured in the Ground...
Or if 2 steel beams get welded together... I WANT IN." :hmm::yes::D

r i f
please read my post again- the unions were already in - it was all a done deal but the developer took the money and ran mid project
in theatre terms - the russian was the angel

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
r i f
please read my post again- the unions were already in - it was all a done deal but the developer took the money and ran mid project
in theatre terms - the russian was the angel
You are talking about FINANCING.

I am talking about ACTUAL CONSTRUCTION.

That’s the difference.

If a new investor comes in, he still has to AGREE to all the Construction aspects (which involve the Unions). Not just the Financing aspects.

He didn’t just show up with several duffle bags filled with cash... and say: “Do whatever. Call me when it’s done”. :rolleyes:

And if “the Unions were already on board”.... then I was absolutely CORRECT when I said: “The Unions RUN Construction in NYC. Absolutely nothing gets built WITHOUT them.” :yes:

And I was also correct when I said: “The Russian AGREED to compensate the Unions.”... because if Ratner ‘ran off on the plug’.... then WHO the fuck was gonna make sure all the Labor Unions STILL got paid to finish? Hmm? :hmm: Do tell.

No matter ‘how much’ money he swoops in to save the day with... if the Russian does not AGREE to have a ‘unionized workforce’... then the arena does not get finished & the Nets would still be playing all their home games in New Jersey. :rolleyes:

But Amazon did not want to do the same. :smh:

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You are talking about FINANCING.

I am talking about ACTUAL CONSTRUCTION.

That’s the difference.

If a new investor comes in, he still has to AGREE to all the Construction aspects (which involve the Unions). Not just the Financing aspects.

He didn’t just show up with several duffle bags filled with cash... and say: “do whatever”. :rolleyes:

And if “the Unions were already on board”.... then I was absolutely CORRECT when I said: “The Unions RUN Construction in NYC. Absolutely nothing gets built WITHOUT them.” :yes:

And I was also correct when I said: “The Russian AGREED to compensate the Unions.”... because if Ratner ‘ran off on the plug’.... then WHO the fuck was gonna make sure all the Labor Unions STILL got paid? Hmm? :hmm: Do tell.
the Atlantic yards is a colossal mess -

I didn't say you were wrong about unions - I said you fucked up the story - and he didn't need make a deal with the unions- cause the labor deals were just carried over (much of the labor reqs and community interest were directly tied into land lease and eminent domain seizures needed to start the project) and everyone on the hook not named Ratner was bent over a table begging for a savior

Thats why I used the term "Angel" cause there was a lot he could NOT change without literally going through all the levels of NYC NYS power structure -
including in some cases would have required getting new laws passed

In NYC there is a galaxy of difference between what you can do before breaking ground vs after
- for a project like Atlantic yards - finance legislation construction labor - there is no separation

JimJones

Rising Star
Registered
It’s always the people whom don’t need to or will never work for a business doing the loudest complaining. Poor folks and unskilled folks all across New York should all be pissed that they just ran a potential employer off.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The REAL Problem here were Cuomo and DeBlasio.
And these two ASSholes rarely agree on anything.

They handled this shit like a backroom Mafioso deal.
Trying to bypass any input from Residents and the local politicians in that area.
And many in that community (like the rest of us here in NYC) had a LOT of questions.

I find this shit HILARIOUS now.
Because I can't wait for the Blame Game to begin.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
It’s always the people whom don’t need to or will never work for a business doing the loudest complaining. Poor folks and unskilled folks all across New York should all be pissed that they just ran a potential employer off.

NYC don't need them. Fuck em....they were TAKING money from people who actually NEED money

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
:lol:yeah - look how that played out

until the USD is worthless - NYC is the global economy

Amazon doesn't need NYC and vice versa

Amazon shoulda went to Whiteplains / Armonk / Purchase, the Catskills or Albany
Amazon is crazy. It's like invasion of the body snatchers when they were trying to ship all those pods. They growing at a crazy rate. Think they built a hub in North Randall up here. Believe they got one in Twinsburg. They just keep popping up.

I don't know where they going, but it will definitely breathe life into the area.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Still a shitload of job openings without them...also remember NYC is also minimum wage friendly...so not only is their job openings but it's higher paid than most states

JimJones

Rising Star
Registered
Amazon is crazy. It's like invasion of the body snatchers when they were trying to ship all those pods. They growing at a crazy rate. Think they built a hub in North Randall up here. Believe they got one in Twinsburg. They just keep popping up.

I don't know where they going, but it will definitely breathe life into the area.
Are those jobs paying $15 or more an hour like Amazon? Jobs like these are great for unskilled labor and the means by which many young adults take care themselves while still in school. These jobs are not for professionals and I am certain NY can use the jobs that Amazon was offering. All that tax talk is bulkshit and when it’s time to build a new sports arena the same tax dilemma will be there except it will not contain any new jobs beyond the construction company that gets to build it.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Are those jobs paying $15 or more an hour like Amazon? Jobs like these are great for unskilled labor and the means by which many young adults take care themselves while still in school. These jobs are not for professionals and I am certain NY can use the jobs that Amazon was offering. All that tax talk is bulkshit and when it’s time to build a new sports arena the same tax dilemma will be there except it will not contain any new jobs beyond the construction company that gets to build it.
Yeah, they hiring folks for Amazon minimum wage out here. 15. Meanwhile, they paying the outsourced labor minimum wage. Amazon got bootleg hubs that they use.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WHY NOT...I WOULD HAVE LOVED THEM TO BE IN ATL.
MEANS MORE JOBS/ PEOPLE/ MONEY...ECONOMIC BOOM FOR THE SURROUNDING CITIES.

Yeah, it would have been great for PEOPLE WHO DON'T ALREADY LIVE IN THE CITY OF ATLANTA.

I actually live in the city. We have enough traffic. Amazon coming here would be like having a major downtown event every day. I don't want my city, county and state taxes going to subsidize the world's richest company to come here and lessen my quality of life just so some out of towners can reap Atlanta's benefits without contributing in return.

They can piss on Nashville's back and tell them it's raining. We don't believe you down here.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
was affordable..... shit is skyrocketing..better get in now.. like right now.
My boy just bought a crib there last yr he from Memphis said the cost of living why he did it.

Every time I go see this nigga he laid up with a bad ass white bitch too.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Atlanta need the jobs.

Atlanta needs another i285 interstate to free up all these streets.........that’s just the icing on the cake it’s a lot of shit we need but amazon ain’t one of them. Maybe throw that bitch way down i75 but in the heart of the city fuck no

I live 5 minutes away from my gym it takes me 45 minutes some days to get there shit inside 285 is getting ridiculous

Esther

Rising Star
OG Investor
Atlanta needs another i285 interstate to free up all these streets.........that’s just the icing on the cake it’s a lot of shit we need but amazon ain’t one of them. Maybe throw that bitch way down i75 but in the heart of the city fuck no

I live 5 minutes away from my gym it takes me 45 minutes some days to get there shit inside 285 is getting ridiculous

Ride a bike to the gym.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All that effort, the dog and pony show by cities across the country, wasted. Cities and states begging Amazon to take $4B in tax breaks and other subsidies.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Man most of those jobs are low paying

25000 low paying jobs in a city of 8 million ain't shit

And Amazon is getting 3 billion dollars!

Gtfoh...this was a bad deal for new yorkers

This is nothing but corporate welfare

NYC does not need Amazon. Niggas would still be poor with those Amazon jobs. Spend that money on the schools, on the infrastructure, etc

That shit would only be a huge stimulus for a rust belt city like mine

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man if you dont jog to the gym or walk. This is the laziest shit ever lol

Im usually coming from work but I’ve thought about it but I just go at night now. I’m usually not just going to gym then home. Plus jog or biking up that hill ain’t really the move for my fucked up knee

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

Nigga walk