Breaking News: Amazon NOT Coming to NYC, Says "Deuces"

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Had to be politically driven. Yea they rolled to the middle of the city’s tallest building and gave them mf the finger. The middle. Warm it up Kris :thefinger:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
My boy just bought a crib there last yr he from Memphis said the cost of living why he did it.

Every time I go see this nigga he laid up with a bad ass white bitch too.
dude the swirl is official in Nashville. .. everywhere you go its mixed couples....thing is its a bunch of single nice looking black women in nashville

they leave where ever they are from to go to college in Nashville and just stay there.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not to be 5 minutes away by car and not take advantage of the extra cardio opportunity man

In the winter I can understand when it's not winter I don't understand lol
I feel you but a brother got a funky ass knee and that up hill battle be killing me. When it get hot I’ll try the bike.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
dude the swirl is official in Nashville. .. everywhere you go its mixed couples....thing is its a bunch of single nice looking black women in nashville

they leave where ever they are from to go to college in Nashville and just stay there.

It’s a nice lil scene out there. The women I saw black and white all look pretty damn good.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Because NYC is connected to so many businesses...you remember the "world trade center" there's 3 key words in that name...first 1 is world 2nd is trade...a big wig like Amazon might connect with certain bizz they didn't know exist or might never had dealt with...NYC is 1 big networking party...them coming here might have tucked around a made them buy other companies or put them under their umbrella...that's why they make the move to nyc...they switched up cause to many jew breathing down their neck

I hear you but the fact is Amazon has had no problem reaching where they've needed to reach so far, so that argument IMO fails. There was a time when that argument was true. But with today's technology a NYC location doesn't mean what it once did. FYI my former company was located in NYC and after 9/11 being in NYC wasn't so important. So they're now in numerous major cities across the country.

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
Ehhh, Yes and No.
They had the dude leading the opposition on the news here and what he said made sense.
NYC was giving 3 Billion Dollars to the Worlds Richest company while 5 blocks away they claim they don't have
the money to fix Housing Apartments.....While saying they have to raise the MTA Fare .25 cause they don't have enough money
among many many many other complainants about money....
At the end of the day this was a backroom deal that shouldn't have been
Amazon walked away unwilling to negotiate a more sensible deal with sensible goals

Biggest Issue was Appropriation of Money
These rich folks expect welfare from the state and city they setup shop.
The Atlanta Braves got that new stadium 100% on the taxpayer dime.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hear you but the fact is Amazon has had no problem reaching where they've needed to reach so far, so that argument IMO fails. There was a time when that argument was true. But with today's technology a NYC location doesn't mean what it once did. FYI my former company was located in NYC and after 9/11 being in NYC wasn't so important. So they're now in numerous major cities across the country.
You talking about across the country I'm talking about across the globe...Amazon isn't connected to everything and I'm sure they would love to expand, there's a possibility some global company got an office or some type of foothold in nyc.him coming here might connect him to that...it's all kind of genres of business in nyc... Hell the mason main hall is in the city...United nations...that means Amazon headquarters all over the globe if he got to meet with various ambassadors from around the world... Could you imagine Amazon hosting the world cup or literally all prime members be allowed to see every game...maybe reach levels of being the first trillionaire...make Amazon the new world trade...it's things like that , that would make him be in nyc

Jack Spade

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man downtown Nashville with all those live music country bars is like white boy heaven

I don't even go down there. Not my set. Every once in a while I will ride through though. I've been starting to see more black people out there.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
You talking about across the country I'm talking about across the globe...Amazon isn't connected to everything and I'm sure they would love to expand, there's a possibility some global company got an office or some type of foothold in nyc.him coming here might connect him to that...it's all kind of genres of business in nyc... Hell the mason main hall is in the city...United nations...that means Amazon headquarters all over the globe if he got to meet with various ambassadors from around the world... Could you imagine Amazon hosting the world cup or literally all prime members be allowed to see every game...maybe reach levels of being the first trillionaire...make Amazon the new world trade...it's things like that , that would make him be in nyc

You're totally missing the point, not to mention Amazon already established themselves all over the globe. Now to be honest I'm not sure if they've setup in Russia yet. But let's be real, "NYC needs Amazon more than Amazon needs NYC."

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're totally missing the point, not to mention Amazon already established themselves all over the globe. Now to be honest I'm not sure if they've setup in Russia yet. But let's be real, "NYC needs Amazon more than Amazon needs NYC."

Hell yea that would've ensured nyc stayed on the map.

But all these nepotism needing fucks was trying to make sure their people cough cough italians/jews/russians

Got the best Jobs... and of course the Latinos was would've gotten the left overs

With very few bruhs and sistars sprinkled about...

Nyc wanted to gentrify the hiring process as well like my man's was just sayin..

They was going to do this gentrification using the same shit they used to gentrify the Carpenter and electrical etc industries in nyc..

Amazon was like...

Fuck dat shit...

Any high tech jobs coming to new york...

They will from into a cockblocking voltron..

Ensuring the God race is considered last when it comes to those jobs ..

Amazon is about production not that favoritism bullshit...

New York gonna have to change its old way of doing things...

It's starting to fuck with big money and it's not the direction the world is headed...

New York is gonna fuck around and lose its position as financial capital of the world

And California is gonna take that torch and light a blunt with it...

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Man most of those jobs are low paying

25000 low paying jobs in a city of 8 million ain't shit

And Amazon is getting 3 billion dollars!

Gtfoh...this was a bad deal for new yorkers

This is nothing but corporate welfare

NYC does not need Amazon. Niggas would still be poor with those Amazon jobs. Spend that money on the schools, on the infrastructure, etc

That shit would only be a huge stimulus for a rust belt city like mine

It wouldn’t have been a distribution center. In the deal, the average pay had to be 150k.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Damn, they are roasting AOC on Morning Joe about her tweets about Amazon pulling the plug on NYC.

shaddyvillethug

Cac Free Zone
BGOL Investor
Wait

So now we got niggas who can fight wolfes

Drive 350+ mph

Get back 100,000 in tax refund

Fuck all supermodels

And now niggas who drive to the gym that’s 3 blocks away

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Fuck AMZN... didn't they pay 0 federal taxes on 11B last year? No fed taxes year before that?

The whole deal hunting process has been emblematic of the power corps weild over government. We need to rethink and overhaul this exploitative process that envisions cities and States as fiefdoms for corporate overlords. Shit is busted :smh:

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Man most of those jobs are low paying

25000 low paying jobs in a city of 8 million ain't shit

And Amazon is getting 3 billion dollars!

Gtfoh...this was a bad deal for new yorkers

This is nothing but corporate welfare

NYC does not need Amazon. Niggas would still be poor with those Amazon jobs. Spend that money on the schools, on the infrastructure, etc

That shit would only be a huge stimulus for a rust belt city like mine

Amazon wasn't "getting" a 3 bill check, they were getting tax breaks and such.

Y'all do know the movie and tv industry gets similar tax breaks in NYC, right?

And I'm sorry but what other mega corps are planning to open in NYC and hire? We can complain about corporate welfare all day but they polled Blacks and Hispanics in the area and the majority were in support. Jobs are better than no jobs, regardless of pay rate.

Now that area can continue to be empty parking lots and a 1/4 filled office building.

So much winning.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

NYC hubris just cost themselves a lot.

People think of Amazon as the delivery service. But they don’t get it.

Look up Amazon Web Services.

Every major site in the net runs on Amazon. Every major finacial company runs their shit there. Every major corporation.

This was a tech hub, not a distribution center. Lots of young kids in Queens could have gotten internships on a tech career path and had a home town tech company to work for.

Now they can work at the bodega.

This was an L.

New York niggas think the world revolves around them so they won’t see it.

There’s a reason NY and NJ have some of the highest rates of people moving out of these states.

Last edited:

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
This was an L.

There’s a reason NY and NJ have some of the highest rates of people moving out of these states.

:yes:

And this would have brought in much needed tax revenue.

All these rich folks fleeing the city what jobs and businesses are coming in to make up for the losses?

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Amazon wasn't "getting" a 3 bill check, they were getting tax breaks and such.

Y'all do know the movie and tv industry gets similar tax breaks in NYC, right?

And I'm sorry but what other mega corps are planning to open in NYC and hire? We can complain about corporate welfare all day but they polled Blacks and Hispanics in the area and the majority were in support. Jobs are better than no jobs, regardless of pay rate.

Now that area can continue to be empty parking lots and a 1/4 filled office building.

So much winning.
Tax breaks are even worse you fucking idiot

alexw

Platinum Member
NYC hubris just cost themselves a lot.

People think of Amazon as the delivery service. But they don’t get it.

Look up Amazon Web Services.

Every major site in the net runs on Amazon. Every major finacial company runs their shit there. Every major corporation.

This was a tech hub, not a distribution center. Lots of young kids in Queens could have gotten internships on a tech career path and had a home town tech company to work for.

Now they can work at the bodega.

This was an L.

NY does not need fucking amazon... that is fucking ridiculous. And the people of the state definitely dont need to be paying for that shit. That shit would be a stimulus in a small city the way FedEx saved Memphis. Amazon does nothing for NY but line thier pockets with tax breaks

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Amazon does nothing for NY but line thier pockets with tax breaks

And create jobs, and stimulate the economy in an area thats basically dormant, and bring in state tax revenue....

Please tell me what we gained by Amazon not coming here.

alexw

Platinum Member
Worse to who? All the people who could have gotten these jobs?
The people who wouldve gotten those jobs wouldn't be new yorkers. They wouldve found people from all over the country and forced the real new yorkers to move out of their communities. That's what really happens with shit like this. The same thing happened with Twitter. They forced the locals out and imported new workers. Again this would've never benefited new Yorkers. This would've been rapid gentrification