Can The WNBA Be Improved Financially? Is this what you wanted.

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered

People going back and forth is tiring. It's pretty simple..from a business perspective. It makes since to promote your most popular players. Dude saying people only worrying about marketability and money. Well thats the goal of any business..And the WNBA goal is to make as much of it as possible. Which they haven't been good at doing the last several years. IF you talking about CC earning the right to be on the team compared to the experience and everything the other did to qualify. Then that answer is a NO.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I saw this yesterday and it made me think about other recent interviews I've seen of some of these WNBA players have had post-game.

Did the WNBA not think about having their players do some type of media training/preparation?

Yes, media does ask some dumbass questions, but the way some of these women respond really turns off folks from wanting to watch. With more eyes on the league this year especially, I would think they would have taken extra steps to prepare their players to handle media scrums that doesn't look bad on the the league or its players.

These chicks always wanted the spotlight, now that they have it, they don't know how to act.
They really need some training. I'm sure they will work on it going into the next WNBA season.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I saw this yesterday and it made me think about other recent interviews I've seen of some of these WNBA players have had post-game.

Did the WNBA not think about having their players do some type of media training/preparation?

Yes, media does ask some dumbass questions, but the way some of these women respond really turns off folks from wanting to watch. With more eyes on the league this year especially, I would think they would have taken extra steps to prepare their players to handle media scrums that doesn't look bad on the the league or its players.

In her defense, it was a dumb question.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

cebl-refs-1-6924384-1718231871813.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

SAS is right on both sides of his argument. Yes no player shouldn't been taken for FG the roster for Caitlin , and yes it would've been good for USA basketball to capitalize off of her popularity right now.

But unfortunately for Caitlin and this argument, I can't seriously debate this topic unless Arike or Alyssa Thomas names are mentioned first before Caitlin's being on the team.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
SAS is right on both sides of his argument. Yes no player shouldn't been taken for FG the roster for Caitlin , and yes it would've been good for USA basketball to capitalize off of her popularity right now.

But unfortunately for Caitlin and this argument, I can't seriously debate this topic unless Arike or Alyssa Thomas names are mentioned first before Caitlin's being on the team.

Kaboom

Also I just learned no one under like 23+ is ever on the women's Olympic team.

Chuck_Luck

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They just need a legit star.

Like what Tiger Woods did for golf.

It would help if she didn't look like a dyke too.

It may be mean to say, but it's true.